Members of Local 396, I urge you to vote NO on this proposal!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It scares me to hear how many fellow employees don't know anything about this new TA and even more so that there are some that think it's ok to concede our benefits!

Its the same "crowd" when it comes to a contract. For years, they have taken advantage of the benefits without "thinking" critically about the verbage and agreements. Today, that same crowd doesnt think they need to examine the details, they just assume its going to be the same as it always is. Unfortunately, this crowd of people are also the ones who do the most bitching when things go wrong based on something contained in those agreements.

There is ALOT on the line with this contract, and if we dont get everyone involved, this contract will be implemented like a hot water enema.

Peace

TOS

undies

Its the same "crowd" when it comes to a contract. For years, they have taken advantage of the benefits without "thinking" critically about the verbage and agreements. Today, that same crowd doesnt think they need to examine the details, they just assume its going to be the same as it always is. Unfortunately, this crowd of people are also the ones who do the most bitching when things go wrong based on something contained in those agreements.

There is ALOT on the line with this contract, and if we dont get everyone involved, this contract will be implemented like a hot water enema.

Peace

TOS

They are the same drivers who bitch and complain about staying out late and being over loaded but won't go on the 9.5 list. Don't complain about crap if you're not willing to do something about it!

I'm trying to do my part and talk to as many people as I can. I don't have any kids yet, but it scares me to think how much it will cost to have them and what crap hospitals we will be forced to go to!

browned_out

Just recieved my formal notice in the mail, our local has set May 18th as are meeting date. It says ballots are to arrive between May 24 and May 28, ballots counted June 20. Agenda is as follows:

1. New Teamsters medical and dental plan review-Improved C6
2. Possible improvements for California

browned_out

New health care plan_0003.jpg New health care plan_0002.jpgNew health care plan_0001.jpg
New health care plan_0003.jpg
New health care plan_0002.jpg
New health care plan_0001.jpg

bigblu 2 you

our top three concerns at our local{in order of importance}1.harrasement/management relations.2.part time wage.3.health care. as far as im concerned,only health care was addressed.why doesnt the neg/com take our concerns serious.we went thru the entire t.a. today and with a show of hands had a 100% no vote.if the guys negotiating this would work a few weeks for these creeps,maybe they would adjust the language accordingly.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If we can effectively Reject this proposal and force our local to advise the international that these proposals are unacceptable, we then need to formulate what "WILL" be acceptable. We need to convince not only the Local and International that we mean business, but the company as well.

We need to demonstrate to the company that "WE" will not tolerate "givebacks" or "concessions" after 8 years of solid profits. If the company has 25 million dollars to hand to Ferrari to place a decal on the side of the F150, then it has the money to pay us for our hard work and efforts.

Secondly, in Local 396, should our local officers continue to push this proposal to the point where it passes and is ultimately RATIFIED, then we WILL hang this contract around their necks and use this concessionary piece of chitt to REMOVE them from office.

Elections are only a year away, and if this contract is ratified and all these provisions enacted that affect us negatively, then R. H and Co. will have seen their final days in office.

On the flip side, R. H has probably already secured another position within the Teamsters organization so passing this contract one way or the other may not have any effect on him. If he has secured another position within the teamsters, then he has nothing to lose with this contracts ratification.

Something to think about 396.

Peace

TOS

undies

80% for chiropractic? Screw that! My back is so messed up already after 12 years, I NEED those adjustments to be able to keep working. I'll say it again, WHY are we even considering changing our health care? It makes zero sense.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
80% for chiropractic? Screw that! My back is so messed up already after 12 years, I NEED those adjustments to be able to keep working. I'll say it again, WHY are we even considering changing our health care? It makes zero sense.

Because Teamster UPSers are unwilling to take a reduction in wages to offset rising health costs.
​Also, implied in your personal scenario, if you have to pay some of the cost, you will cut back treatments to when it is only necessary.
​That is the historical human behavior that drives the trend towards "shared" cost aspect of co-pays and deductibles.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Because Teamster UPSers are unwilling to take a reduction in wages to offset rising health costs.
​Also, implied in your personal scenario, if you have to pay some of the cost, you will cut back treatments to when it is only necessary.
​That is the historical human behavior that drives the trend towards "shared" cost aspect of co-pays and deductibles.

If there are any CUTBACKS that need to be made that save the company money, then they need to start with guys like you. You dont contribute anything to the pot HOAX, you just take. Maybe you should lose your benefits since you offer nothing to the pot at UPS but jargon.

The working men and women of UPS break their backs everyday to make this company what it is today, and those chiropractic visits are just what keeps them going year after year. As GUYS like you make packages heavier and heavier, the toll on employees is larger.

While you sit on your couch offering contractual advice while pounding donut after donut, "WE" suffer the aches and pains of the job we do everyday.

WHile you got to push a pencil for your career at UPS, dont forget, most UPSers lift more weight in ONE WEEK than you have EVER lifted in your lifetime.

Its all about perspective HOAX.

You may think people are robots, but they are not. The job is tough on both the body and mind. Your hardest day may have been sharpening a pencil, but on a saturday, I bet you never had to lay down all down just to let your muscles recover.

Peace

TOS

browned_out

If we can effectively Reject this proposal and force our local to advise the international that these proposals are unacceptable, we then need to formulate what "WILL" be acceptable. We need to convince not only the Local and International that we mean business, but the company as well.

We need to demonstrate to the company that "WE" will not tolerate "givebacks" or "concessions" after 8 years of solid profits. If the company has 25 million dollars to hand to Ferrari to place a decal on the side of the F150, then it has the money to pay us for our hard work and efforts.

Secondly, in Local 396, should our local officers continue to push this proposal to the point where it passes and is ultimately RATIFIED, then we WILL hang this contract around their necks and use this concessionary piece of chitt to REMOVE them from office.

Elections are only a year away, and if this contract is ratified and all these provisions enacted that affect us negatively, then R. H and Co. will have seen their final days in office.

On the flip side, R. H has probably already secured another position within the Teamsters organization so passing this contract one way or the other may not have any effect on him. If he has secured another position within the teamsters, then he has nothing to lose with this contracts ratification.

Something to think about 396.

Peace

TOS

Does that mean another pension also?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Does that mean another pension also?

Here's a little dirty secret about the behind the scenes paydays of officers...

In local 396, the EBOARD voted waaaay back to increase the amount of monthly contribution into the pacific coast fund to a little over $1000.00. Do the math. Theyve been in there for a few terms now. How much would that total?

There is tons of money paid to officers who join other boards and such.

Some exploit it more than others.

Peace

TOS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The typical adjustment is $40 of which you would be responsible for a whopping $8.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
$QUOTE=UpstateNYUPSer;1136086]The typical adjustment is $40 of which you would be responsible for a whopping $8.[/QUOTE]

The typical adjustment and treatment at a california chiropractic office is $129.00

Peace

TOS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If there are any CUTBACKS that need to be made that save the company money, then they need to start with guys like you. You dont contribute anything to the pot HOAX, you just take. Maybe you should lose your benefits since you offer nothing to the pot at UPS but jargon.

The working men and women of UPS break their backs everyday to make this company what it is today, and those chiropractic visits are just what keeps them going year after year. As GUYS like you make packages heavier and heavier, the toll on employees is larger.

While you sit on your couch offering contractual advice while pounding donut after donut, "WE" suffer the aches and pains of the job we do everyday.

WHile you got to push a pencil for your career at UPS, dont forget, most UPSers lift more weight in ONE WEEK than you have EVER lifted in your lifetime.

Its all about perspective HOAX.

You may think people are robots, but they are not. The job is tough on both the body and mind. Your hardest day may have been sharpening a pencil, but on a saturday, I bet you never had to lay down all down just to let your muscles recover.

Peace

TOS

LOL ... were you stomping your feet when you wrote this?

Grow up!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
$QUOTE=UpstateNYUPSer;1136086]The typical adjustment is $40 of which you would be responsible for a whopping $8.

The typical adjustment and treatment at a california chiropractic office is $129.00

Peace

TOS[/QUOTE]

This could be part of the problem. Someone needs to negotiate these ridiculous charges.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
$QUOTE=UpstateNYUPSer;1136086]The typical adjustment is $40 of which you would be responsible for a whopping $8.

Peace

TOS[/QUOTE]
The typical adjustment for a UPS driver should be covered under workers compensation.