Messages from Management

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Rookies !! Jab it in its eyeballs. Grab it’s paws and snap them. Then snap it’s neck. Then leave a delivery notice on it. Right @Wally ?!!
You only leave a note in case you mow over Fido with the Package Car!

upload_2018-6-6_7-40-31.png

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got a warning letter for not facing the dog and fighting it with the diad. Was called into office by the dm. I knew i could beat it to the truck, slammed the door, he bounced off the glass. Twisted my knee, never missed a minute but did fill out an injury report.
I know dogs im guessing better than my dm. This was a fight i knew i couldnt win. Im so glad i dont work here anymore.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
When in doubt sheet non delivery attempt ,, dog , saftey concern,
They can’t do a dam thing to you After third day , give to ckerk to post card it

dudebro

Sounds like the IEer vision of how to deal with the dogs, but when they’re outside attacking. @TearsInRain , don’t use this technique when you’re delivering later this summer. Wanna keep you alive and around, big boy.

I'm in IE, and if Scooby snacks to ply them for their affection, I hit them with the board as a last resort. The DIAD 3 was the most effective one, so t know how you'd do it now...

Box Ox

Hell nah, do like they do around here, tag the mailbox and take it to the local UPS store for pickup... :)

Yep. You leave a package at the mailbox and the customer calls in a complaint, it's your ass. If you see a dog you aren't sure about and have honked several times, sheet it and keep rolling.

if Scooby snacks to ply them for their affection, I hit them with the board as a last resort.

In my opinion, the problem 99% of the time are the dogs that catch you by surprise. They dart around a corner and attack or find a way to get out of the house and come after you. Would be nice if it weren't too late for a Scooby snack in those cases.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Yep. You leave a package at the mailbox and the customer calls in a complaint, it's your ass. If you see a dog you aren't sure about and have honked several times, sheet it and keep rolling.

In my opinion, the problem 99% of the time are the dogs that catch you by surprise. They dart around a corner and attack or find a way to get out of the house and come after you. Would be nice if it weren't too late for a Scooby snack in those cases.

Nobody complains on my route and if they do management just says the customer doesn't what you to leave it at their mailbox! Gotcha- not a problem. Nobody in my large center has ever gotten in trouble for a customer complaining about a package at a mailbox! Assuming some :censored2: doesn't leave 25 packages!

dudebro

I know. Like the rest of us, I've rattled plenty of fences before I opened the gate, and looked for dumps in the yard. It's usually the dog whose owner says, "Oh, he doesn't bite." too.

clean hairy

You can't bring a golf club to use in the event a dog attack appears immediate?
See how many yards you can hit an angry group of attacking ankle biters?

AlliSeeisBrown

You can't bring a golf club to use in the event a dog attack appears immediate?
See how many yards you can hit an angry group of attacking ankle biters?
I was in a predominately Hispanic trailer park. Had to be over 300 trailers on different roads. There was one road where the chihuahuas would literally come out of the foundations and collectively attack. they would surround you in a circle and it was like a game of hungry hippos. I would launch some of these :censored2:s back to the taco bell they came from.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
I got a warning letter for not facing the dog and fighting it with the diad. Was called into office by the dm. I knew i could beat it to the truck, slammed the door, he bounced off the glass. Twisted my knee, never missed a minute but did fill out an injury report.
I know dogs im guessing better than my dm. This was a fight i knew i couldnt win. Im so glad i dont work here anymore.
Now I’ve heard it all. You got attacked then got a warning letter? So glad I’m not there anymore either!