Miles and pay

Santashelper1

how do miles per day have anything to do with pay? Someone was saying that the more miles you drive the more money you make? Is this true? If so, how does it work?

We had a package car driver back in the day, that would pull into a shop on route, jack up the rear end and let the package car run in gear while he played cards for a while. Would not recommend you try that now.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We had a package car driver back in the day, that would pull into a shop on route, jack up the rear end and let the package car run in gear while he played cards for a while. Would not recommend you try that now.

We had one who stopped at home for lunch every day and did the same.

No matter how hard I tried when I covered his route, I could never come close to his miles.

542thruNthru

When telematics first came out we had a few drivers in my building brought into the office for running up miles. Some would drive back and forth on the freeway a bunch of times everyday after they were done. A few were caught taking the LONG way back to the building also.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It is a bonus center. So the more miles I drive the better chance I have at bonus? Still confusing lol.

Not necessary.

If you drive extra miles at 25 mph, the extra time credit you get for those miles doesn't make up for the extra time to drive those miles.

Now, drive those extra miles at 60 mph, by taking the long way in, you will get more time credit for those miles than it takes you to drive those miles.

Depending on your route, your time credit per mile could be based on 25 or 35 mph on average for the day.

This can give you more bonus money if you are on bonus.

This could increase your planned day by half an hour, or however many miles you drove at 60 mph, and it only took you 6 minutes, so theoretically, you just made an extra 24 minutes on bonus.

Get caught though, and you will be on the unemployment line.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I remember my center manager telling me to "drive around a bit" to make sure my planned day ended over 8hr.

The good old days!!!!
Same thing with me , unreal huh !! More fuel and wear & tear on the p/c but hey ! The numbers look good ..... refused to do it !