Part Timers Don’t deserve $25

In most buildings, that's how it is if you want to create FT jobs. There are no back to back sorts.

Hell, most building only have 2 sorts. The preload in the morning and the reload, or local, in the evening. How do you get a FT job out of that unless you have 8 hours between shifts?

Some hubs it can be done. There are back to back sorts or an hour between sorts. It might just depend on how bad someone wants that FT pay and benny's that come with it.

Work PT, make $25K a year and have to work another job anyway to raise a family. Do a split shift, or a few hours between shifts, make $75K per year and don't have to work another job, plus the FT retirement.
Plus they will get a full-time pension

BobJ

In most buildings, that's how it is if you want to create FT jobs. There are no back to back sorts.

Hell, most building only have 2 sorts. The preload in the morning and the reload, or local, in the evening. How do you get a FT job out of that unless you have 8 hours between shifts?

Some hubs it can be done. There are back to back sorts or an hour between sorts. It might just depend on how bad someone wants that FT pay and benny's that come with it.

Work PT, make $25K a year and have to work another job anyway to raise a family. Do a split shift, or a few hours between shifts, make $75K per year and don't have to work another job, plus the FT retirement.

My first combo had a 2.5 hr lunch.

I went home, took a shower, ate lunch, then had an hour nap every day before going back for part II.

It's the reason I got the FT bid because no one else wanted the schedule.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's a rough position to be in but I think I'm clear on this now: Either the company contributes an extra 3 billion to post-august-2023 PT employees willingly ($22 to $24.50), or top-rate folks (and that includes me next year) bite the bullet and go down a dollar to $48 in order to keep it cost-neutral. Come take me in the replies.

Last edited:

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
It's a rough position to be in but I think I'm clear on this now: Either the company contributes an extra 3 billion to post-august-2023 PT employees willingly ($22 to $24.50), or top-rate folks (and that includes me next year) bite the bullet and go down a dollar to $48 in order to keep it cost-neutral. Come take me in the replies.
Are you over the age of 45?

Boston25

Here it’s OT after 5.5 on the same shift. If you double shift then it’s after 8.
Here it’s OT after 5 if you double then it’s over time after 8. But in the tentative agreement it remains the same except for the months of October November December and January they stay on OT after 5 hours regardless of double shifting.

JustDeliverIt

Here it’s OT after 5 if you double then it’s over time after 8. But in the tentative agreement it remains the same except for the months of October November December and January they stay on OT after 5 hours regardless of double shifting.

Yeah, when I was PT preload during peak they would start us around 11pm and we’d work until 9am Al least and get OT after 5.5 hours because it was all preload work. But if you double shifted the rest of the year had to do 8 first.