Part Timers Don’t deserve $25

It's on page 18 of the TA near bottom of page. I posted it a little earlier
The language in the TA prohibits them from taking away MRA's as a result of the new contract.
That's the exact same language that's in the 2018-2023 national contract and it doesn't mean what you think it does. No one is entitled to a MRA. UPS can take it away or alter it at their discretion. Only your contract wage is guaranteed.

Anyone thinking they're keeping their MRA and they'll be getting a GWI on top of it will find out very soon that's not the case.

crop.png

Its_a_me

MRA can absolutely be taken away. Maybe market conditions in certain markets mean $21 doesn't cut it and they continue it--but UPS is under no contractual obligation to pay it.

It's a company determined "bonus" and they don't have to pay a bonus if they don't want.

BobJ

MRA can absolutely be taken away. Maybe market conditions in certain markets mean $21 doesn't cut it and they continue it--but UPS is under no contractual obligation to pay it.

It's a company determined "bonus" and they don't have to pay a bonus if they don't want.

The contract language is interestingly phrased.

All it says is that UPS is not forced to adhere to the contract progression for people who are benefiting from an MRA, and does not expressly prevent the company from removing them.

DOK

With the raises won’t very let timer be over $26 in a few years regardless of MRA?

Zowert

My boomer dad, retired with 51 years in the teamsters on a fat pension thinks UPS can easily afford to pay part timers $25 an hour. That is just his BOOMER opinion tho.. Part timers should be paying to work for their benefits, screw em! Who do you think you are? Wanting a living wage like us full timers? LOL!

Satuirus2000

With the raises won’t very let timer be over $26 in a few years regardless of MRA?
Anyone hired after August certainly won't be. They'll only be at $23 by 2027. SOB apparently clarified during the webinar that people with MRAs get to keep that plus get the additional $2.75 and other general wage increases. I'm surprised UPS let that slide. Some areas have a $26 MRA so some PTs will definitely be hitting over $30 an hour when this contract initially goes into effect.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They're

They're, not there. The GED has to have more of a knowledge assessment than this. You're not your. You got that one. Now, learn they're, not there. You are progressing, little by little. Congratulations, please don't stop your journey and continue to gain more (3rd grade equivalent) knowledge. I am impressed and hopeful.
Jackass. @El Correcto

Brownsocks

Just a dog
My boomer dad, retired with 51 years in the teamsters on a fat pension thinks UPS can easily afford to pay part timers $25 an hour. That is just his BOOMER opinion tho.. Part timers should be paying to work for their benefits, screw em! Who do you think you are? Wanting a living wage like us full timers? LOL!
You've convinced me. Volume is bleeding out like a cut femoral artery, and most of my volume has been Amazon for a month. The best way to get accounts using us again is to STRIKE for $30 part-time start rate. Strike, strike strike.

Trucker Clock

I hate the prospect of some new member having to work a 10 hour shift for 8 hours worth of pay. So are looking like 4 hours of load or unload taking your lunch and waiting in hour in the building till your next 4 1/2 hours loading and unloading.

Oh Joy….where do we sign up…

In most buildings, that's how it is if you want to create FT jobs. There are no back to back sorts.

Hell, most building only have 2 sorts. The preload in the morning and the reload, or local, in the evening. How do you get a FT job out of that unless you have 8 hours between shifts?

Some hubs it can be done. There are back to back sorts or an hour between sorts. It might just depend on how bad someone wants that FT pay and benny's that come with it.

Work PT, make $25K a year and have to work another job anyway to raise a family. Do a split shift, or a few hours between shifts, make $75K per year and don't have to work another job, plus the FT retirement.