Minimum Wage

W

What The Hawk?

I see 1 bedroom apts for less than $1000 on Craigslist. If he couldn't live on $20 an hour by himself, then he's got some spending issues.
You're using craigslist to look at an apartment, are you considering other expenses as well? No. Are you considering the area of Seattle it's in? No. There are tons of factors. Look at Everett. I used to work there and made the minimum 15 an hour wage, Everett you can live with that wage, Seattle you can't. There are so many things to pay for in Seattle that you wouldn't have to in Everett. You aren't looking at the big picture.

W

What The Hawk?

If I made 25 an hour I still wouldn't be able to live in Seattle cause I'm the one with the spending problem..:/ my brother probably could live in Seattle with the current minimum wage he's very very frugal. But because he's gotta pay for helicopter school, it wouldn't be impossible...

Last edited by a moderator:

MAKAVELI

You're using craigslist to look at an apartment, are you considering other expenses as well? No. Are you considering the area of Seattle it's in? No. There are tons of factors. Look at Everett. I used to work there and made the minimum 15 an hour wage, Everett you can live with that wage, Seattle you can't. There are so many things to pay for in Seattle that you wouldn't have to in Everett. You aren't looking at the big picture.
Seattle maybe expensive but doesn't even compare to the cost of living in Cali. You can't find a garden shed for this price in one of the metro areas along the California coast. Lol
Excellent Comfortable Full One Bedroom Suite/Office For Rent

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Baby steps, economics is complicated, it's hard to determine the efficacy of single changes to the system. If you are struggling a $3-4/hr raise will make a difference.
Damn near impossible in fact. But, then all economic projections begin with, "All other aspects being held constant, ..."

PS - I don't think I heard that word since I quit hanging around Medical people.
You in or around Medical people?

MAKAVELI

If I made 25 an hour I still wouldn't be able to live in Seattle cause I'm the one with the spending problem..:/ my brother probably could live in Seattle with the current minimum wage he's very very frugal. But because he's gotta pay for helicopter school, it would be impossible...
Stop your whining and adjust your lifestyle. :wink2:

MAKAVELI

You're using that as an example? It doesn't even tell you all the expenses..$850 is JUST the rent, what about the other expenses? These are things you need to look at. Parking, utilities, etc..there are also NO pictures. Not a good example..
What do you want at that price? A top level penthouse? Lol. There are expenses wherever you live. But rent is by far the largest. I just gave you an example how a single person could live in the city on that wage. A family probably could not.

W

What The Hawk?

What do you want at that price? A top level penthouse? Lol. There are expenses wherever you live. But rent is by far the largest. I just gave you an example how a single person could live in the city on that wage. A family probably could not.
Bad example. You're going to completely ignore my argument. The rent does not show ALL the renter would be paying per month..

W

What The Hawk?

No :censored2: Sherlock.
Therefore your argument is invalid. You again aren't looking at facts. You're taking things from a simple search w/o looking into it deeper. The rent for that place does not include utilities, parking and other things which are things you need to consider..