MIP Guess? Q4 Update?

drbrownsox

What are your thoughts on MIP this year? The past peak was such a strange one - especially towards the end. Do you think we actually hit service AND profitability? My guess has to be 85% - 90% based on what I saw in regards to transportation in the East.

happyman2018

Scott P is pleased to announce that we are doing away with MIP, but adding 20 more board members who will get LTIP. It is part of our need to change the way we compensate management and so we can pay our union contracts. Post your complaints on upsers.com

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Scott P is pleased to announce that we are doing away with MIP, but adding 20 more board members who will get LTIP. It is part of our need to change the way we compensate management and so we can pay our union contracts. Post your complaints on upsers.com
>link is broken, no one can comment

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
it’s been very quiet and nobody has nagged me about my expenses yet so i’m thinking we at least did okay

either way we need to start swinging that capex hammer hard and fast

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It occurs to me that UPSers don't really like strong competition with consequences for not being in the top half.

Not judging ... rather, pondering if this is a vision of the future?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
wtf are you talking about

do you even read your stuff before you post it?
Can't a guy do a little trolling without getting attacked by some pink-hatted pusillanimous fella?

230rft.jpg

Popeye

Don't make the mistake of trying to apply logic to the MIP calculation. MIP was changed from a bonus based on a simple mathematical calculation to a tool to adjust management compensation within a wide range "on the fly".

drbrownsox

Don't make the mistake of trying to apply logic to the MIP calculation. MIP was changed from a bonus based on a simple mathematical calculation to a tool to adjust management compensation within a wide range "on the fly".
Does anyone know excactly how MIP is calculated?

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
What are your thoughts on MIP this year? The past peak was such a strange one - especially towards the end. Do you think we actually hit service AND profitability? My guess has to be 85% - 90% based on what I saw in regards to transportation in the East.

Considering the absurd cost cutting measures that took place, most of which will be payed for in 1Q 2019, it should be interesting. Looks good on paper, but we know it was a well played shell game. Much of the "cost savings" was cost deferment... That being said, my guess is 75. 80 at the most.

Considering the absurd cost cutting measures that took place, most of which will be payed for in 1Q 2019, it should be interesting. Looks good on paper, but we know it was a well played shell game. Much of the "cost savings" was cost deferment... That being said, my guess is 75. 80 at the most.
Just wait until they pay out those retro checks.