Missouri RTW Vote No Today

There is no excuse to be a free rider, if you don’t want to be in a union or don’t believe in it fedex and other non union companies are hiring.

These lowlifes want the best of both worlds, they want the bargained benefits and wages but don’t want to pay dues because it’s going to the Democrats or some other stupid BS propaganda they have been sold... or in some cases they are cheap :censored2:s.
I agree 100%, 99.9% of the time. I am pro union and always will be. Yet, my steward conspiring to get me discharged, along with any complaints I had about BA dropping grievances behind my back, taking the company side, falling upon deaf ears for over a decade, made me finally exit the union.
I would pay double for proper representation, which amounts to simply an effort. It’s their responsibility to do their jobs as much as it is ours to pay dues. It was absolutely nothing short of theft. I wouldn’t sleep at night if I lined the pockets of the people that turned their backs on me, while I fought myself, learning lessons as I went.
I’ve sacrificed so much to still be here, for the pay and benefits. My family has been through a lot as well. If I knew then, I’d left immediately. After nearly 15 years, I’m here to stay. Idgf who likes it. I earn everything I make.
I felt the same as you prior to my experience.

Karma...

The general public supports Collective Bargaining...The real trouble is that the strength and numbers of the national Union Membership is ebbing, a lot it has to do with them not changing with the times and Corporate interests lobbying the halls of Washington. The continuing corruption with our leadership is another issue, trust issues even with the hard core unionist.

If the Unions were doing their jobs correctly instead of protecting their status quo there would not be any these RTW laws being enacted or voted on. People would be signing union cards in a heart beat, it does not help matters much that even at UPS and the Teamsters that the starting rate is hovering around the state minimum wage level.
referencing the general public as a source is pretty desperate.. their is a need for better leadership by both sides....I am shocked that in this contract there is no mention of medical costs being covered once people retire...very short sighted thinking

Hethatbeking

To all my Brothers and Sisters in Missouri remember voting polls are open late in many areas and your NO Vote on Prop-A is important. Hoping for a landslide victory!

Send mass messages out to friends and family requesting they get out and Vote No on Prop-A
Missouri showed "progressive" California something on Tuesday!

Hethatbeking

I hear you brother. I'm two years in and I've been disheartened by the lack of proper representation. My BA ran interference for the company after I was injured and insisted on seeing the doctor of my choice (California Workers Law allows workers to predesignate a Workers comp physician of their choice). He ignored my reports of harassment during and after the injury. He eventually told me, "good luck," when I demanded retroactive Temporary Disability. In the end I didn't need luck or his help. Just a stiff spine and knowledge of my rights.
But I'm staying the union and I refuse to let the :censored2:s win.
I agree 100%, 99.9% of the time. I am pro union and always will be. Yet, my steward conspiring to get me discharged, along with any complaints I had about BA dropping grievances behind my back, taking the company side, falling upon deaf ears for over a decade, made me finally exit the union.
I would pay double for proper representation, which amounts to simply an effort. It’s their responsibility to do their jobs as much as it is ours to pay dues. It was absolutely nothing short of theft. I wouldn’t sleep at night if I lined the pockets of the people that turned their backs on me, while I fought myself, learning lessons as I went.
I’ve sacrificed so much to still be here, for the pay and benefits. My family has been through a lot as well. If I knew then, I’d left immediately. After nearly 15 years, I’m here to stay. Idgf who likes it. I earn everything I make.
I felt the same as you prior to my experience.

Last edited: