Monday's. [ Saturday Ground Buildings ]

HereWeGoAgain

First off UPS put off expanding saturday ground till AFTER the contract. I do believe it will go nationwide if UPS & the union get the 22.4 drivers.
Monday's when Saturday ground start are absolutely horrible. Imagine your top 5 worst days as a package car driver. Thats pretty much what you'll be coming into EVERY monday. Friday volume is also the lightest i've ever seen it.
My local didn't rebid the center so now guys with 2/3 year seniority, have routes in and guys with 15-30 years are going out in the blind on Monday.
My #1 fear on 22.4 position is this will only be expanded and if you have Saturday ground in your building you know EXACTLY what im talking about.

First off UPS put off expanding saturday ground till AFTER the contract. I do believe it will go nationwide if UPS & the union get the 22.4 drivers.
Monday's when Saturday ground start are absolutely horrible. Imagine your top 5 worst days as a package car driver. Thats pretty much what you'll be coming into EVERY monday. Friday volume is also the lightest i've ever seen it.
My local didn't rebid the center so now guys with 2/3 year seniority, have routes in and guys with 15-30 years are going out in the blind on Monday.
My #1 fear on 22.4 position is this will only be expanded and if you have Saturday ground in your building you know EXACTLY what im talking about.
Saturday Ground has contracted at my building and I am sure all the new guys working Saturday will vote for the new 22.4 jobs just to have the weekends off.

Undertow

Strictly a guess, but I'd think it's coming to more parts of the country whether 22.4 becomes a reality or not. The expansion might come at a faster pace with the hybrids there to exploit. I'd agree it's a legitimate concern as I've seen similar circumstances where I am. Instead of having mostly adequate coverage for 5 day work weeks, we now have dreadfully inadequate staffing numbers for both Saturday and the following Monday with somebody always having to run a poorly loaded car in an area they are all too often unfamiliar with. It's always the same mess and it's been a morale killer from day one. Before it showed up here, perhaps half the drivers were on the 9.5 list and within 6 months into it nearly all the drivers eligible for the 9.5 list have opted in partly to show their disgust with the management (or bad management).

The Real Jack RyanMI6

My #1 fear on 22.4 position is this will only be expanded and if you have Saturday ground in your building you know EXACTLY what im talking about.[/QUOTE
Try this make a chart use 3 diff color pens Sunday - Sat now draw a line mon - fri rpcds
1 shift 22.4 tues - sat 2nd shift 22.4 wed through sunday.
What you see is Sunday and monday have single coverage Tuesdays and Saturdays double coverage wed - fri triple thats a hellof a lot of man hours without any ot per day normally now add the fact that at peak we could be at 70 and its a daily possibility of man hours thats off the charts.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You know I'm all for Saturday (even Sunday) delivery. But the volume has to be there.

We shouldn't be butchering normal service days to add new days.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Saturday Ground has contracted at my building and I am sure all the new guys working Saturday will vote for the new 22.4 jobs just to have the weekends off.

Disagree 100%. The importance of this contract for us newer RPCDs and everybody hired in the future is not lost on us. There’s no way I’d vote yes for the creation of a lower-paid, less protected FT Driver position just so I can have Saturday off. I’ll wait my turn just like everybody else.

I know most of the Saturday drivers in my building feel the same way. Big fat NO vote from us.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Our center was deplorable today, 10+ drivers out past 10pm. Management had to go pick up two drivers that ran out of hours, missed pieces galore. Worked 13.98 myself, that was after getting help from 3 other drivers.

Doubleparkedrunner

image.gif
Disagree 100%. The importance of this contract for us newer RPCDs and everybody hired in the future is not lost on us. There’s no way I’d vote yes for the creation of a lower-paid, less protected FT Driver position just so I can have Saturday off. I’ll wait my turn just like everybody else.

I know most of the Saturday drivers in my building feel the same way. Big fat NO vote from us.

I'm new, work Saturdays and can't wait to sign off a no vote if the offer is as it currently stands. Waiting my turn in line for a better route was a given the day I joined here. I don't need any short cuts.
...This is how I feel...

STL Cards

Banned
Worked 11.2 Friday, 10.7 Monday and that’s with my area being delivered on Saturday. Ran mostly commercial yesterday so I’m not sure what the new guys will be delivering on Sundays eventually. We had several Tues-Saturday working at double time yesterday, most over 11 hours, our management team is incompetent, surprising I know.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Worked 11.2 Friday, 10.7 Monday and that’s with my area being delivered on Saturday. Ran mostly commercial yesterday so I’m not sure what the new guys will be delivering on Sundays eventually. We had several Tues-Saturday working at double time yesterday, most over 11 hours, our management team is incompetent, surprising I know.
And this is why the bs of 9.5 only m-friend needs to go. Should be any 5 day period.