Moving Money Out Of Stocks (1-16-2018)

KOG72

I’m full of it
You should have at least two years in cash equivalents if you are retired.

I was listening to a radio show and they was talking about keeping 10 years in cash and leave everything else I stocks.

The thinking was you wouldn't sell your stocks at the wrong time, especially in a downturn.
Limbaugh???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I was listening to a radio show and they was talking about keeping 10 years in cash and leave everything else I stocks.

The thinking was you wouldn't sell your stocks at the wrong time, especially in a downturn.
Yeah and a lost decade is about as long as we've ever had.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i’m not saying that this is a bad time to move away from stocks a bit, but seriously making financial decisions based on Presidential politics is completely stupid

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
once that stuff gets regulated it is over for it
Large companies are already using the technology it's not going anywhere. Hell ups plans on using blockchain technology in the near future.

Gold is an ok store of value it's terrible as a currency. If the fed falls apart people will need a currency. The only real answer to the problem at this point is crypto.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Large companies are already using the technology it's not going anywhere. Hell ups plans on using blockchain technology in the near future.

Gold is an ok store of value it's terrible as a currency. If the fed falls apart people will need a currency. The only real answer to the problem at this point is crypto.
what happens if computers fail

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

10 years in cash is a :censored2:load of money

1 year is far more reasonable, maybe up to 5 as you get close to retirement