Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server on Monday and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

My first accident

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AttackedHawk34, Oct 4, 2019.

1. rod

rod retired and happy

If I could find it I would say it probably wouldn't fit.

2. Covemastah

Covemastah And the Reign Of Terror Continues!! Pats # 6 !!!

There was only one Man who was flawless ,, perfect ,, and he was nailed to a cross ,,, do the best you can and never rush for these people , your only a stat on their sheet !!
    Don’t be a stat in the obituary column ,,, go and sin no more Lol

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Covemastah

Lol

4. DriverNerd

DriverNerd Active Member

You're putting too much pressure on yourself and you're making this circle of honor thing way more important than it is. If you do get circle of honor you'll be among thousands of others...who cares. There's so many more important things in life than having a patch on your arm. It's much more important to make it home alive and enjoy life outside of work. Working is just a means to enjoy the rest of your life. And you did the right thing; you hit something, you reported it. One day ride with a supervisor and you're back to the way it was before. Move on. Relax.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

You did not lose those years, you just won't get another year until a year from now. Also, focus is important, but you have to focus on what's really important. If you spend a lot of mental energy thinking about methods you're not focusing enough on actually driving safe.

Back when I was in the Army, we were trained a very specific way to fire the M-16. If I had to actually follow that training to the letter in battle I would probably be dead. There's the Army way, then there's the right way. Just like there's the UPS way....

6. FedUPSer9816

FedUPSer9816 Member

Sorry for your accident. What did you hit?

7. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

A stationary object, didn't you read the original post?

8. Grey

Grey Active Member

I have bad anxiety and drove scared for a while after just starting out. It’s just too stressful and wears on you. Eventually you have to have somewhat of a IDGAF attitude out there and do your thing.

9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

All of my accidents came in the first 18 months. They totaled one of trucks even though it really wasn’t that much damage. Seen them rebuild far worse.

10. FedUPSer9816

FedUPSer9816 Member

Yes I read the entire thread. My question is WHAT stationary object.

11. Covemastah

Wow ,,,, and that story has fooled 100’s of millions for over 2000 years

12. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I like how you call it your "first" accident, like you're just getting warmed up.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

I retired with 34 years safe driving. It's not as big a deal now as it used to be. Take Rod up on his offer of his jacket, and I'll send you my tie. You can wear them to an AM meeting and be the talk of your center.
    IMG_0217.jpg

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Active Member

Struck Stationary....

[​IMG]

15. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

16. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Active Member

LMFAO

17. I hit a pole
    I slightly bent a carport pole as i was turning around in a country gravel driveway to avoid a back. I tapped it with my front bumper. I thought i had enough clearance but obviously i didnt. Its one of several aluminum poles that holds up the canopy.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  18. I know im not supposed to go into drivways but this place was off a major busy road with lots of traffic where car drive 55 miles an hour on and to be honest there was more than enough space for me to actually turn around in it without hitting it thats why im like wtf it was totally avoidable.

19. Stuff happens. You learned your lesson and in sure you won't do it again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Any damage