Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

My first accident

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AttackedHawk34, Oct 4, 2019.

1. I don't understand the dog thing. I could hit a deer or a giraffe and that would be fine but not a dog.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Be a legend? LOL

3. Wow i didn't know that scratch. I just put alot of pressure on myself because UPS drivers are supposed to be the safest drivers around and i just want to live up to that high expectation. Now my manager and on road supervisor will be giving me that side eye look now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Don't worry. Just keep your nose clean and I can guarantee you somebody will screw up worse than you and they will be the center of attention.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Mine is right in front of the guard shack, its one of the few perks we get that I like.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Until someone else has an accident. I tell you, these guys have so much going on their short-term memory is like a goldfish's. Besides that, it won't be too long before everyone in your direct line of supervision will be rotated out. And finally, don't worry about what they think about you, they couldn't do the job, so they went management.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  7. Future

Future Victory Ride

Depended on who did it ...seriously

8. Absolutely

9. Show Scratch a little respect. He has certainly earned it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  10. Wrong

Wrong :))

When I hit something or have an accident it’s the only time I feel like I’ve failed at my job.

I don’t care about bringing back missed, having an unavoidable service failure or their numbers. But whenever I’ve gotten into an avoidable accident I genuinely felt bad about it, it’s embarrassing. Especially hitting a stationary object not paying attention for that couple of seconds.

It really is one of the only times you can fail at performing your job at this company.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Wrong

Wrong :))

Especially when you go on and on about how you work safely and you won’t rush.

12. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

They wanted to do this for one of the guys I work with, but they didnt have anyone to cover his route. So they had a FNG chauffeur him around all day while he pointed out what to do and where to go.

Makes perfect UPS sense. Pull a guy from behind the wheel with 25 years safe driving and put him in the jump seat.

13. Unbelievable

14. rod

rod retired and happy

I never got a tie. All I got was a jacket that was the color you would never wear in public---unless you were selling real estate.

15. They get leather jackets now not those stupid gold ones.

16. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

I've got the gold jacket as well. I think I wore it 2 times, then they pulled the plug on the dinners.

17. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

I got jerked around on that. All they offered me was the Century 21 jacket. One day I saw a driver who got his award before me and he was wearing the leather jacket. I raised hell with the manager, and they told me I could have the leather jacket, but I'd have to pay for it. No thanks.

18. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

We get the option of the black leather jacket or a leather biker's vest. My jacket is very warm and it only gets cold enough around here to wear it about one or two months out of the year. It's excellent to conceal carry a Glock.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

Don’t even worry. Part time years don’t count towards your 25. Hit everything you want.

20. Really?