My first accident

And hitting a dog that chases your car. I did crack more than my share of side mirrors "adjusting" them with a tree limb. Management didn't want to charge us with anything as minor as that. I had one Center Manager drive out to my area and he replaced one himself.
I don't understand the dog thing. I could hit a deer or a giraffe and that would be fine but not a dog.....

Dr.Brownz

I got into my first accident today. I'm so pissed about it because it was totally avoidable so i know i will be charged. I hit a stationary object the most easiest of all to avoid. I did everything i was supposed to do i called it in and everything so I'm not worried about it being an unreported incident and getting fired. What should i expect next? I'm just mad because this is going to set me back on my goal of being a 25yr safe driver and be a legend in the circle of honor. Im in my third year.

Be a legend? LOL

AttackedHawk34

One accident in three years is nothing, I had three my first year. I had one a few months ago and I have 29 years of safe driving. Stuff happens, it only takes seconds to lose your concentration and make a bad decision.
Wow i didn't know that scratch. I just put alot of pressure on myself because UPS drivers are supposed to be the safest drivers around and i just want to live up to that high expectation. Now my manager and on road supervisor will be giving me that side eye look now.

Wow i didn't know that scratch. I just put alot of pressure on myself because UPS drivers are supposed to be the safest drivers around and i just want to live up to that high expectation. Now my manager and on road supervisor will be giving me that side eye look now.
Don't worry. Just keep your nose clean and I can guarantee you somebody will screw up worse than you and they will be the center of attention.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Now my manager and on road supervisor will be giving me that side eye look now.

Until someone else has an accident. I tell you, these guys have so much going on their short-term memory is like a goldfish's. Besides that, it won't be too long before everyone in your direct line of supervision will be rotated out. And finally, don't worry about what they think about you, they couldn't do the job, so they went management.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'd rather be mediocre than a brain washed slave mentality chump.
I gots ta do a good job for massa! Circle of honor!
When I hit something or have an accident it’s the only time I feel like I’ve failed at my job.

I don’t care about bringing back missed, having an unavoidable service failure or their numbers. But whenever I’ve gotten into an avoidable accident I genuinely felt bad about it, it’s embarrassing. Especially hitting a stationary object not paying attention for that couple of seconds.

It really is one of the only times you can fail at performing your job at this company.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Actually the last guy that got it here, they took his DIAD off of him at the PCM and sent him home...paid!

They wanted to do this for one of the guys I work with, but they didnt have anyone to cover his route. So they had a FNG chauffeur him around all day while he pointed out what to do and where to go.

Makes perfect UPS sense. Pull a guy from behind the wheel with 25 years safe driving and put him in the jump seat.

They wanted to do this for one of the guys I work with, but they didnt have anyone to cover his route. So they had a FNG chauffeur him around all day while he pointed out what to do and where to go.

Makes perfect UPS sense. Pull a guy from behind the wheel with 25 years safe driving and put him in the jump seat.
Unbelievable

rod

Retired 22 years
I retired with 34 years safe driving. It's not as big a deal now as it used to be. Take Rod up on his offer of his jacket, and I'll send you my tie. You can wear them to an AM meeting and be the talk of your center.
View attachment 266575
I never got a tie. All I got was a jacket that was the color you would never wear in public---unless you were selling real estate.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They get leather jackets now not those stupid gold ones.
I got jerked around on that. All they offered me was the Century 21 jacket. One day I saw a driver who got his award before me and he was wearing the leather jacket. I raised hell with the manager, and they told me I could have the leather jacket, but I'd have to pay for it. No thanks.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We get the option of the black leather jacket or a leather biker's vest. My jacket is very warm and it only gets cold enough around here to wear it about one or two months out of the year. It's excellent to conceal carry a Glock.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I got into my first accident today. I'm so pissed about it because it was totally avoidable so i know i will be charged. I hit a stationary object the most easiest of all to avoid. I did everything i was supposed to do i called it in and everything so I'm not worried about it being an unreported incident and getting fired. What should i expect next? I'm just mad because this is going to set me back on my goal of being a 25yr safe driver and be a legend in the circle of honor. Im in my third year.
Don’t even worry. Part time years don’t count towards your 25. Hit everything you want.