My first accident

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I hear yall but i just want to be perfect you know and and i stress it alot because it could have been worse and you dont wont the worse to happen.
There was only one Man who was flawless ,, perfect ,, and he was nailed to a cross ,,, do the best you can and never rush for these people , your only a stat on their sheet !!
Don’t be a stat in the obituary column ,,, go and sin no more Lol

DriverNerd

I hear yall but i just want to be perfect you know and and i stress it alot because it could have been worse and you dont wont the worse to happen.

You're putting too much pressure on yourself and you're making this circle of honor thing way more important than it is. If you do get circle of honor you'll be among thousands of others...who cares. There's so many more important things in life than having a patch on your arm. It's much more important to make it home alive and enjoy life outside of work. Working is just a means to enjoy the rest of your life. And you did the right thing; you hit something, you reported it. One day ride with a supervisor and you're back to the way it was before. Move on. Relax.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Man that was a hard three years i just lost then omg. Im a newb all over again

You did not lose those years, you just won't get another year until a year from now. Also, focus is important, but you have to focus on what's really important. If you spend a lot of mental energy thinking about methods you're not focusing enough on actually driving safe.

Back when I was in the Army, we were trained a very specific way to fire the M-16. If I had to actually follow that training to the letter in battle I would probably be dead. There's the Army way, then there's the right way. Just like there's the UPS way....

Grey

Its just so much you have to pay attention to and all the littlest details matter so much and your jugdement has to be on point. I drive so defensively that i almost drive scared at times because anything can happen and it will be your fault. I just gots to be more focused man.

I have bad anxiety and drove scared for a while after just starting out. It’s just too stressful and wears on you. Eventually you have to have somewhat of a IDGAF attitude out there and do your thing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Don't beat yourself up. We have one circle of honor driver who has TOTALED 2 trucks. He had a very rough start to his career, but slowed down and made it to the elite club. Don't sweat it, you'll make it someday.
All of my accidents came in the first 18 months. They totaled one of trucks even though it really wasn’t that much damage. Seen them rebuild far worse.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I got into my first accident today. I'm so pissed about it because it was totally avoidable so i know i will be charged. I hit a stationary object the most easiest of all to avoid. I did everything i was supposed to do i called it in and everything so I'm not worried about it being an unreported incident and getting fired. What should i expect next? I'm just mad because this is going to set me back on my goal of being a 25yr safe driver and be a legend in the circle of honor. Im in my third year.
I like how you call it your "first" accident, like you're just getting warmed up.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I retired with 34 years safe driving. It's not as big a deal now as it used to be. Take Rod up on his offer of his jacket, and I'll send you my tie. You can wear them to an AM meeting and be the talk of your center.
IMG_0217.jpg

AttackedHawk34

I hit a pole
Sorry for your accident. What did you hit?
I slightly bent a carport pole as i was turning around in a country gravel driveway to avoid a back. I tapped it with my front bumper. I thought i had enough clearance but obviously i didnt. Its one of several aluminum poles that holds up the canopy.

Last edited:

AttackedHawk34

I know im not supposed to go into drivways but this place was off a major busy road with lots of traffic where car drive 55 miles an hour on and to be honest there was more than enough space for me to actually turn around in it without hitting it thats why im like wtf it was totally avoidable.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I hit a pole

I slightly bent a carport pole as i was turning around in a country gravel driveway to avoid a back. I tapped it with my front bumper. I thought i had enough clearance but obviously i didnt. Its one of several aluminum poles that holds up the canopy.

Any damage