My first accident

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
My take on the circle of honor— it’s complete bs. Management plays a huge roll in if you make it or not.
For example. I *cracked* my side mirror on a tree branch hanging over the road. Reported it to my sup. Got back to building and was told to take to mechanics bay to have them fix it up.
Literally took the mechanic 3 minutes to PEEL off the mirror and STICK a new one over it. Next day I’m charged with an accident and have to go through all the safety ride along motions and training bs. Over a $5 mirror. Couldn’t care less if I make it or not honestly.

My take on the circle of honor— it’s complete bs. Management plays a huge roll in if you make it or not.
For example. I *cracked* my side mirror on a tree branch hanging over the road. Reported it to my sup. Got back to building and was told to take to mechanics bay to have them fix it up.
Literally took the mechanic 3 minutes to PEEL off the mirror and STICK a new one over it. Next day I’m charged with an accident and have to go through all the safety ride along motions and training bs. Over a $5 mirror. Couldn’t care less if I make it or not honestly.
Definitely some politics and favoritism goes into that.

Or some lying....

PT Car Washer

I tell the guys that crack a mirror to just write it up on DVIR and forget to tell management. Mechanics will replace the mirror and nothing else will be said.

I tell the guys that crack a mirror to just write it up on DVIR and forget to tell management. Mechanics will replace the mirror and nothing else will be said.
Honesty is the best policy. You don't want to get fired for something stupid

Back in the old days you call your center manager they would say write it up but today I wouldn't hide it, it's not worth your job

PT Car Washer

Honesty is the best policy. You don't want to get fired for something stupid

Back in the old days you call your center manager they would say write it up but today I wouldn't hide it, it's not worth your job
I agree but I have found that the less management knows the happier they are. I documented a cracked mirror by writing it up in the DVIR.

542thruNthru

Or you can build a full-time job:raspberry-tounge:

How does one "build" a full time job?

And don't think you can ninja edit me! :)
Screenshot_20200603-182809_Chrome.jpg

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Circle of honor will be non existent in 5-10 yrs. 3 yrs ago I had to fight tooth and nail to get the leather jacket so i could sell it on eBay for $150. Management promotes unsafe driving now because of the number chasing culture that ups has embraced.