Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

My first accident

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AttackedHawk34, Oct 4, 2019.

1. FedUPSer9816

FedUPSer9816 Member

I feel ya. Back when I was with Express, I hit a few things myself. I learned to slow down, focus on the important things.

But UPS is like trying to navigate a mine field. Work safely, you're over time. Follow methods, you're being too literal. They can nag you like a mother here, but these checks though. It's all the flavor of the month here, currently cradle usage. Whatever, work with safety in mind first, their numbers and metrics will never be satisfied.

2. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Yeah. Up until the time I retired and even afterward. I'd ask that manager "You got my jacket yet?" He finally called me after I retired and gave me a phone number to call. Not sure which department it was, but they told me I'd have to pay for it. I even offered to trade them head up with my yellow jacket.

3. Raw

Raw Raw Member

3 accidents in a year is a termination.

4. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Normally it is. My first route was an industrial park and I was driving a straight truck. I was delivering and picking up a thousand pieces a day. It was a bid route that I won straight off the Midnight Sort I was working. They went through several drivers over a short period of time before I started. My accidents were minor and the Center Manager decided to keep me. I started driving in '84 and almost all of my accidents were in the first few years, most of them were minor and involved poor weather conditions. Tire ruts in yards and a few side mirrors. I finally learned to calm down and take it easy.

5. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

50CC17D4-32D1-4725-B6C5-F605FD630D6B.jpeg
    I just hit the Circle this week and they gave me the choice.

A29E7866-2CCC-4ED3-BB04-F0F0A0BCF8AD.png

I chose the Bomber. I may or may not cut the sleeves off...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Looks good on you

7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The camel hair looked better still on the camel

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. DriverNerd

DriverNerd Active Member

My building has way too many circle of honor drivers to make that work.

9. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Well-Known Member

You will be the worst person at UPS until the next person crashes.

10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Shouldn't take too long the way these guys run .

11. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

First, congrats!

Second, Where THE F* are you ever going to wear that ugly assed sport coat? Even at a costume party, that coat would never go. Who comes up with this S*.

12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I'd burn it .

13. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

He could go as a Century 21 real estate salesman for Halloween

14. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

With a stupid ass UPS 25 on his lapel? Dracula would be a better outfit.

15. under the radar

under the radar A Trained Professional

33 years safe driving here. All in packages. Before I took the cotton out of my ears and put it in my mouth I had a string of accidents, including two tier three's. I decided that my way wasn't working.

It's O.K. to have a healthy fear of repeating. Develop good habits so they become a reflex. Do what they tell you. If it takes you longer, you make more money. Take one day at a time and the years will pile up before you know it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  16. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Anyone can hit a stationary object. It happens...

ups-truck-accident.jpg

17. Well after getting clowned after pcm by fellow drivers and there disbelief of how i hit this carport. I had an easy eight hour day with a sup and im just going take my warning letter that im sure is coming in the mail and leave this behind me. Sup told me i had so much space a tractor trailer could've turned around in there.