My UPS hub is going on strike.

msbusterbrown

Buster: a person that stops or prevents something
Because it's not
It's not a violation of the contract.
“tells us that the week PRIOR our wages were lowered from $21/hr to $16.10/hr. Not only did UPS not contact anyone in any way to notify us of the change, but the cities minimum wage raised to $16.20 the first of this month and they’re paying us $16.10. The guy said that they had organized a protest the next day from 7am-10am. He also said that they filed a grievance, and if they don’t restore the wages then we will “consider it a strikeable offense.” I wasn’t able to go to the protest but I know that by the end of the day no progress was made and about 100 people were there. Me and one other loader checked upsers.com and it said our rates were $17.50, but two other coworkers’ paystubs did indeed say $16.10.”

^Which of this doesn’t sound like a violation?
It’s against the LAW (and the contract) to reduce wages below minimum wage. Also against the LAW (and the contract) to retroactively reduce wages when they thought they were working for a wage previously agreed upon. Article 8 S 2 c
(c) nonpayment of established wage rates provided for in this Agreement, Supplements, Riders and/or Addenda.
Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) of this Section, strikes, work stoppages, slowdowns, walkouts or lockouts over disputes, which do not arise under provisions of this National Mas- ter Agreement, shall be permitted or prohibited as provided in the applicable Supplement, Rider and/or Addendum. The Local Union shall give the Employer a seventy-two (72) hour prior written no- tice of the Local Union’s authorization of strike action,

tells us that the week PRIOR our wages were lowered from $21/hr to $16.10/hr. Not only did UPS not contact anyone in any way to notify us of the change, but the cities minimum wage raised to $16.20 the first of this month and they’re paying us $16.10. The guy said that they had organized a protest the next day from 7am-10am. He also said that they filed a grievance, and if they don’t restore the wages then we will “consider it a strikeable offense.” I wasn’t able to go to the protest but I know that by the end of the day no progress was made and about 100 people were there. Me and one other loader checked upsers.com and it said our rates were $17.50, but two other coworkers’ paystubs did indeed say $16.10.
^Which of this doesn’t sound like a violation?
It’s against the LAW (and the contract) to reduce wages below minimum wage. Also against the LAW (and the contract) to retroactively reduce wages when they thought they were working for a wage previously agreed upon. Article 8 S 2 c
(c) nonpayment of established wage rates provided for in this Agreement, Supplements, Riders and/or Addenda.
Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) of this Section, strikes, work stoppages, slowdowns, walkouts or lockouts over disputes, which do not arise under provisions of this National Mas- ter Agreement, shall be permitted or prohibited as provided in the applicable Supplement, Rider and/or Addendum. The Local Union shall give the Employer a seventy-two (72) hour prior written no- tice of the Local Union’s authorization of strike action,
What will you been at this place for about 10 minutes so let me straighten you out son.
The company was paying more than negotiated wage and they can pull out wedge away anytime they want to

msbusterbrown

No strike/no lockout language for starters.
Wrong, read your contract
Article 8 S 2 c

msbusterbrown

What will you been at this place for about 10 minutes so let me straighten you out son.
The company was paying more than negotiated wage and they can pull out wedge away anytime they want to
Lol, calm down, you’re glossing over the written,
He says their local ‘minimum wage’ (forget the contract) is $16.20 and their hub reduced it to $16.10 that’s a violation of LAW which supersedes any contract

Wrong, read your contract
Article 8 S 2 c
Wrong, read your contract. The company is give a window of time to rectify payroll errors.

Glad you're here though, dunno how we would've made it through this contract without you.

msbusterbrown

Wrong, read your contract. The company is give a window of time to rectify payroll errors.

Glad you're here though, dunno how we would've made it through this contract without you.
Ok, yes (you are going off subject now. you said no strike language for starters, which there is an exception to that you cannot deny and cannot deny is relevant) moving on to your new point about window of time to rectify though.. how long is that? Two days?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol, calm down, you’re glossing over the written,
He says their local ‘minimum wage’ (forget the contract) is $16.20 and their hub reduced it to $16.10 that’s a violation of LAW which supersedes any contract
Ms buster brown
Don’t tell me your some part timers fiancé that have been engaged for 7 years and live in his moms basement
and you demand satisfaction

How’d I do

msbusterbrown

Ms buster brown
Don’t tell me your some part timers fiancé that have been engaged for 7 years and live in his moms basement
and you demand satisfaction

How’d I do
Close, you’re the first to give me the distinction of being a Ms.
My fiancé/my husband does work for UPS...
I always demand satisfaction!
I don’t live in any basements

If you don’t have anything constructive to say or a legitimate argument, stop clogging up the forum thread with crap

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Close, you’re the first to give me the distinction of being a Ms.
My fiancé/my husband does work for UPS...
I always demand satisfaction!
I don’t live in any basements
Isn’t it a little embarrassing coming on here doing your “fiancé” grunt work?

Does he not know how to operate a computer or he’s to busy for this stuff

msbusterbrown

Isn’t it a little embarrassing coming on here doing your “fiancé” grunt work?

Does he not know how to operate a computer or he’s to busy for this stuff

I’m not on here doing any grunt work
I work here too, I am union and all I see on here is misunderstandings of contractual language and silly comments that are unhelpful and don’t pertain. I’m on here to support and help fight for the union workers rights, our rights.

Ok, yes (you are going off subject now. you said no strike language for starters, which there is an exception to that you cannot deny and cannot deny is relevant) moving on to your new point about window of time to rectify though.. how long is that? Two days?
First, it is not off subject and I can deny it's relavence, since a payroll error is not relavent to override no strike/no lockout language. There is clear and distinct language regarding payroll errors. If the company said, ":censored2: you, this is what we're paying you..." and it didn't meet contractual or legal obligations, that would be relavent. This is not what happened.

Second, don't come in here waving your :censored2:ing finger at me about "read your contract" and then ask me a question about blatant language in the conract regarding payroll errors.