NE Supplement Update

5habits100

And do you know why? Because Hoffa can’t stop the blatant disregard for UPS using gypsies. Trust me, part timers do not find that a concession. And ups can’t. Not for a single day and not as long as there is a part time employee working in that building. Seems like Hoffa wants everything hashed out in the supplements while he forces the huge concessions in the master. Good luck in your own supplement.
Hoffa can't stop it. Your girl was right next to Hoffa/Hall for several years and didn't stop it. Maybe that's why he cut his own deal last contract. Why didn't you girl get full-time feeder jobs instead of putting part-time employees in the truck? It's a concession. They are getting part-time pension and part-time healthcare.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Hoffa can't stop it. Your girl was right next to Hoffa/hall for several years and didn't stop it. Maybe that's why he cut his own deal last contract. Why didn't you girl get full-time feeder jobs instead of putting part-time employees in the truck? It's a concession. They are getting part-time pension and part-time healthcare.
Lol! I would have cut my own deal too. No wonder he jumped ship. And the rest will go down on a sinking one.
Btw, You obviously have no clue of how our pension credits work or our non Teamcare level 1 and 2 benifits, that’s obvious. Just more misunderstood language from fly by nighters. I just can’t understand how you guys defend this 22.4 language. Just answer me this, Why is there a stipulation in article 22.4 for RPCDs of “as long as work is available” yet it doesn’t contain that for hybrid drivers?

Boston25

Hoffa can't stop it. Your girl was right next to Hoffa/hall for several years and didn't stop it. Maybe that's why he cut his own deal last contract. Why didn't you girl get full-time feeder jobs instead of putting part-time employees in the truck? It's a concession. They are getting part-time pension and part-time healthcare.
Let me ask a question would you rather take care of our own? And have a TCD Language in feeders? Or have UPS keep subcontracting work out to scabs?

542thruNthru

Lol! I would have cut my own deal too. No wonder he jumped ship. And the rest will go down on a sinking one.
Btw, You obviously have no clue of how our pension credits work or our non Teamcare level 1 and 2 benifits, that’s obvious. Just more misunderstood language from fly by nighters. I just can’t understand how you guys defend this 22.4 language. Just answer me this, Why is there a stipulation in article 22.4 for RPCDs of “as long as work is available” yet it doesn’t contain that for hybrid drivers?

Trust me man we all knew what you meant by "layoff drivers". You mean UPS can't layoff a driver on Mondays because "work is not available."

He's trying to spin it meaning layoff a driver "ever". It's great language and I'm glad to see you guys got it. You're right it is sad that your supplement had to negotiate it instead of it being in the Master.

wide load

Trust me man we all knew what you meant by "layoff drivers". You mean UPS can't layoff a driver on Mondays because "work is not available."

He's trying to spin it meaning layoff a driver "ever". It's great language and I'm glad to see you guys got it. You're right it is sad that your supplement had to negotiate it instead of it being in the Master.
You obviously understood because your sane and not bitter and clouded by hatred, you’re honest and can see the big picture. Thank you.

Tony Q

You think sean is the only one? Lol
It will be interesting to see him grandstanding two Thursdays from now. What is funny is he doesn't know what is going to be said back to him in that room with everyone listening. It should be pretty funny. Hopefully he has dotted his I's and crossed his t's. It's quite possible Fred and the TDU crown will not want to stand with him after the festivities.

wide load

It will be interesting to see him grandstanding two Thursdays from now. What is funny is he doesn't know what is going to be said back to him in that room with everyone listening. It should be pretty funny. Hopefully he has dotted his I's and crossed his t's. It's quite possible Fred and the TDU crown will not want to stand with him after the festivities.
I’m pretty confident that Sean is prepared for whatever chimes come his way. You really think sean will just sit there and eat crap from clowns that sold out 260,000 members? It’s all a dog and pony show. There will be a room divide as opposed to a secret ballot of the contract. Why? Hoffa is watching. It’s all games. You buy right in to it too. It will fluff all the egos that many won’t go against Hoffa. That’s a big win for you right? Lol. But good luck if your there. That meeting is just a formality. It’s the vote that counts. And giving the fact that it’s a new electronic ballot, I’m sure the fix is in. I don’t trust it.

Doubleparkedrunner

Don't believe you.

You are not a believable person.

You said this contract had something for everyone.

You said this contract was good.

You were either lying or completely inept / unaware.

Makes me not care what your opinion is of others.
( except now I actually think Sean O. is awesome because all I know is YOU being wrong so,you must be wrong again )

Gimme Danger

Part timers in New England are in local Health & welfare plans and the New England Pension fund. These are not part time benefits. Know your facts before spouting.

Feeder TCDs are a great idea during summer vacation period and peak, just package TCDs. Give part timers extra earnings (and get more benefit contributions to our funds), and give the union another remedy in fighting subcontracting.

And if you want to talk about fighting for mote full time feeder drivers, read the article 65 improvements in defining a reasonable feeder bench and qualifying more drivers.

@wide load I do like the supplement. It was good to begin with.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So are you leaning toward voting in your regional supplement and voting "No" on the Master?

I expect a push to sell these borderline supplements with the understanding that if the Master is voted down they might not be able to renegotiate their slight improvements. See if that threat plays out and get back to me...

Everybody might consider that even with their supplements and riders being somewhat reasonable it might be to your best interest to vote them all down with the Master. Everything runs through the Master the contributions into the Pension, Health and Welfare and GWI, no supplement or rider will change that. That is why the Chicago locals are waiting till the smoke settles before they negotiate..

5habits100

Part timers in New England are in local Health & welfare plans and the New England Pension fund. These are not part time benefits. Know your facts before spouting.

Feeder TCDs are a great idea during summer vacation period and peak, just package TCDs. Give part timers extra earnings (and get more benefit contributions to our funds), and give the union another remedy in fighting subcontracting.

And if you want to talk about fighting for mote full time feeder drivers, read the article 65 improvements in defining a reasonable feeder bench and qualifying more drivers.

@wide load I do like the supplement. It was good to begin with.
Do the part time feeder drivers get a part time pension or full time pension maybe that’s why the Plan is mismanaged

The Range

In too deep
This is a good supplement. The concessions I noticed were part-time TCD feeders and moving the seasonal period for casual drivers from October 15th to October 1st. The former can be interpreted either way but there is additional language in regards to a reasonable feeder bench. If this helps battle subcontracting it isn't a concession. I would have liked to see a stronger catch-all, seniority rules phrase added somewhere. Here, past practice is real on many common seniority squabbles but take my word for it - you need to battle, especially as a part-timer.