NE Supplement Update

Gimme Danger

Everybody might consider that even with their supplements and riders being somewhat reasonable it might be to your best interest to vote them all down with the Master. Everything runs through the Master the contributions into the Pension, Health and Welfare and GWI, no supplement or rider will change that. That is why the Chicago locals are waiting till the smoke settles before they negotiate..

New England Supplement is a great supplement, vote Yes on its merits. The national needs to go down in flames.
Chicago 705 and 710 have separate contracts, so no correlation there.

Do the part time feeder drivers get a part time pension or full time pension maybe that’s why the Plan is mismanaged

The pension benefit is based on hours worked over the years. If you work part time hours, you get a lower benefit. If you get a lot of hours when you are part time (air driving, double shifting, TCD, etc), then the company contributes more into the fund so you accrue better future benefits.

This is a good supplement. The concessions I noticed were part-time TCD feeders and moving the seasonal period for casual drivers from October 15th to October 1st. The former can be interpreted either way but there is additional language in regards to a reasonable feeder bench. If this helps battle subcontracting it isn't a concession. I would have liked to see a stronger catch-all, seniority rules phrase added somewhere. Here, past practice is real on many common seniority squabbles but take my word for it - you need to battle, especially as a part-timer.

The feeder TCD was actually a member proposal, from my understanding. So the union got what it wanted there. I know part timers in my building that have a license that would love to feeder TCD. Great opportunity during the summer and peak periods only.

Article 57 seniority catch all is already pretty damn good, IMO.

DirtySouth

New England Supplement is a great supplement, vote Yes on its merits. The national needs to go down in flames.
Chicago 705 and 710 have separate contracts, so no correlation there.

The pension benefit is based on hours worked over the years. If you work part time hours, you get a lower benefit. If you get a lot of hours when you are part time (air driving, double shifting, TCD, etc), then the company contributes more into the fund so you accrue better future benefits.

The feeder TCD was actually a member proposal, from my understanding. So the union got what it wanted there. I know part timers in my building that have a license that would love to feeder TCD. Great opportunity during the summer and peak periods only.

Article 57 seniority catch all is already pretty damn good, IMO.

I don't like part-time feeder drivers but I hate the rampant subcontracting we've seen and will see more of even more.

But I also don't live and work in New England. Everything else in the supplement looks pretty damn good, especially compared to the awful supplement Johnny S. negotiated in the AA.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I don't like part-time feeder drivers but I hate the rampant subcontracting we've seen and will see more of even more.

But I also don't live and work in New England. Everything else in the supplement looks pretty damn good, especially compared to the awful supplement Johnny S. negotiated in the AA.

There are no part time feeder drivers. TCD is full time hours on a week to week basis during the free period. The member starts there full time wage progression the first day they work as a feeder TCD and works full time hours for a full week. This includes full time contributions to Health and Welfare. This language prevents Casuals from being utilized during the free period when there are current part time members licensed ready and willing to do the work. I do work in NE and this language is phenomenal in my opinion.

DirtySouth

There are no part time feeder drivers. TCD is full time hours on a week to week basis during the free period. The member starts there full time wage progression the first day they work as a feeder TCD and works full time hours for a full week. This includes full time contributions to Health and Welfare. This language prevents Casuals from being utilized during the free period when there are current part time members licensed ready and willing to do the work. I do work in NE and this language is phenomenal in my opinion.

Thanks for the correction. I haven't had time to review it in depth but had heard it referred to as PT feeders, glad to see that's not the case.

Gimme Danger

Thanks for the correction. I haven't had time to review it in depth but had heard it referred to as PT feeders, glad to see that's not the case.

Good clarification. These are full time week to week TCD feeder jobs with full pension and H&W contributions. Once the part timer works 30 days, they become qualified and would not have to perform a 30 day probation in any classification when getting promoted full time by 6 for 1. Turn key. Great language to cover vacations and peak, and qualify more part timers.

542thruNthru

Good clarification. These are full time week to week TCD feeder jobs with full pension and H&W contributions. Once the part timer works 30 days, they become qualified and would not have to perform a 30 day probation in any classification when getting promoted full time by 6 for 1. Turn key. Great language to cover vacations and peak, and qualify more part timers.

I'm not in your supplement but curious if you think this will have a effect on the hiring of new FT feeder drivers?

I know Cover Drivers language here was abused and made the wait to be a FT driver even longer.

I agree I'd rather have a TAD working then a scab. Just wondering if you have any language to help prevent this becoming a issue.