Negotiations

Thebrownblob

Who do you think sob has partnered up with?
There’s no doubt that Teamsters needed to be a little more militant. But my first hope was, and still is that Sean will distance himself from the rabble-rousers.
My experience with TDU has been that they are very good at pointing out a problem, but not very good at solving them.

AKCoverMan

Being in one of these I can tell you that I can’t tell you! 🤣

We all sign non disclosure agreements so misleading, incomplete, premature information is not circulating.

But I will say after first round it is still early innings we’re both figuring out the other side IMO. Stalling? No…but it’s a slow and tedious process.

IMO the idea is to not give the company the luxury of stalling very much. The clock is ticking. We will see. Back at it this week! Good times… 🤣

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I wouldn't say Sean is out of his league. If we strike the company has absolutely zero chance of continuing on as normal.
He’s painted himself into a corner. Supplemental negotiations aren’t goin as smooth as he’d hoped. He wanted to start National negotiations in early April. It’s starting to get tight, and while I’ll remain optimistic I don’t think this is going to go well. He’s either going to have to extend the contract, or shove one down our throats, which is what we all complained about last time. Unless we agree to go on strike, which will change volume, profitability, and the amount of jobs/work we have.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He’s painted himself into a corner. Supplemental negotiations aren’t goin as smooth as he’d hoped. He wanted to start National negotiations in early April. It’s starting to get tight, and while I’ll remain optimistic I don’t think this is going to go well. He’s either going to have to extend the contract, or shove one down our throats, which is what we all complained about last time. Unless we agree to go on strike, which will change volume, profitability, and the amount of jobs/work we have.
How could anybody "shove one down our throats" in 2023....

....and who made sure that couldn't happen anymore?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I never understood the whole we won’t do anything till April. Like you said put you in a corner. Hoping for a good contract and hope we don’t go on strike as I think it will weaken the union just as much if not more the ups. Also didnt understand the supplements before the national

Settle down Francis

Thebrownblob

I’m not sure who told you they’re not going as smooth as he hoped? I’m gonna guess he didn’t think they would go smooth at all. And the first couple weeks they did not in the central. They came to an agreement on seven or eight things in one week. As the week keep coming, UPS starts opening up which is pretty much what I’m guessing he thought.

The only issue I have with the supplements is the fact that very important language like the 22.4, and forced sixth day, and language that may or may not be in the new national, such as PVDs has not been negotiating yet. Which makes it very difficult almost impossible to wrap up supplements, and Sean even alluded to that today on the call

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
What does a contract extension look like? Negotiations are close, so both parties move to extend two weeks, month, how does it work?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What does a contract extension look like? Negotiations are close, so both parties move to extend two weeks, month, how does it work?

Work as usual under old contract after it’s settled you’ll get a check

And at that point every other post on the BC will be about when do I get my retro pay check