Negotiations

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1679575697639.png

noril

I am very interested in seeing all the proposals for the all supplements that are being negotiated (or stalled). Are they available anywhere? It is my hope that this time around we won't have the "brownout" on information that so many people complained about last time.

AKCoverMan

I am very interested in seeing all the proposals for the all supplements that are being negotiated (or stalled). Are they available anywhere? It is my hope that this time around we won't have the "brownout" on information that so many people complained about last time.
You do not see proposals until the negotiation team and the company reach a tentative agreement and it’s time to vote on them.

During the negotiations the union does not release proposals because they change, sometimes several times in one day. We all have to sign confidentiality agreements about everything going on in session. So does the company team. This is not a “brown out“ of information… every meeting is being reported on in UPS Teamster app. But details about individual proposals? No, and it would not be beneficial to do so.

This is why we have rank and file members on every negotiating team, It’s not a backroom deal between a union boss and some UPS manager.

There were over 11,000 proposed changes at the national level. Wanna read them all? I don’t I’ll wait for the real TA.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
You do not see proposals until the negotiation team and the company reach a tentative agreement and it’s time to vote on them.

During the negotiations the union does not release proposals because they change, sometimes several times in one day. We all have to sign confidentiality agreements about everything going on in session. So does the company team. This is not a “brown out“ of information… every meeting is being reported on in UPS Teamster app. But details about individual proposals? No, and it would not be beneficial to do so.

This is why we have rank and file members on every negotiating team, It’s not a backroom deal between a union boss and some UPS manager.

There were over 11,000 proposed changes at the national level. Wanna read them all? I don’t I’ll wait for the real TA.
When do you attend these negotiations? Do you have to miss a day of work?

Babboo77

Banned
What’s concerning is O’Brien is appointing people to the national committee who negotiated this current contract, why on earth would you do that?

Thebrownblob

What’s concerning is O’Brien is appointing people to the national committee who negotiated this current contract, why on earth would you do that?
There are quite a few good negotiators from the previous contract and contracts, on the current team. Negotiators are given instructions from leader ship, we have a new leader ship. And new instructions. If you sent a group of all new negotiators to negotiate this contract with UPS, they would get eaten alive.

542thruNthru

Lmao.

You realize the slate he ran with had people from the last contract on it. You don't pay attention much do you.

Hell the Western VP that is negotiating the west was a big vote yes local last contract.