Negotiations

Pullman Brown

I’m not sure who told you they’re not going as smooth as he hoped? I’m gonna guess he didn’t think they would go smooth at all. And the first couple weeks they did not in the central. They came to an agreement on seven or eight things in one week. As the week keep coming, UPS starts opening up which is pretty much what I’m guessing he thought.

The only issue I have with the supplements is the fact that very important language like the 22.4, and forced sixth day, and language that may or may not be in the new national, such as PVDs has not been negotiating yet. Which makes it very difficult almost impossible to wrap up supplements, and Sean even alluded to that today on the call

Are there people negotiating on locals planning on negotiating on the national?

Pullman Brown

AEFBD37F-1F24-4E3C-9B20-E08A1B910C16.gif

Hofficer Hater

He’s painted himself into a corner. Supplemental negotiations aren’t goin as smooth as he’d hoped. He wanted to start National negotiations in early April. It’s starting to get tight, and while I’ll remain optimistic I don’t think this is going to go well. He’s either going to have to extend the contract, or shove one down our throats, which is what we all complained about last time. Unless we agree to go on strike, which will change volume, profitability, and the amount of jobs/work we have.
He will eat his own words.

Hofficer Hater

I never understood the whole we won’t do anything till April. Like you said put you in a corner. Hoping for a good contract and hope we don’t go on strike as I think it will weaken the union just as much if not more the ups. Also didnt understand the supplements before the national
The supplements went first because of the pension problem New England has. They were paid $6.20 per hour for 10 years.

vvv

He’s painted himself into a corner. Supplemental negotiations aren’t goin as smooth as he’d hoped. He wanted to start National negotiations in early April. It’s starting to get tight, and while I’ll remain optimistic I don’t think this is going to go well. He’s either going to have to extend the contract, or shove one down our throats, which is what we all complained about last time. Unless we agree to go on strike, which will change volume, profitability, and the amount of jobs/work we have.
He didn't paint himself into a corner, if we gotta walk out the door for awhile for the betterment of everyone moving forward now and long after I'm here so be it.
No better time to take a stand as this company is just so flush with money due to what we do....what we have sacrificed.

There are so many things to touch on contract wise, but I do not view a lot of things the union is asking the company to reverse are them giving us concessions.
For instance....
1) "no forced 6th punch". I myself am not forced where I work, but who the hell wants to put their body thru such a constant grind physically as well as giving up family time and such.
2) There should be no such thing as a "22.4" with different pay levels and rights because some idiot wanted to gift the company with a bouquet of roses to fatten his own pockets.
3) 9.5 penalties should be paid out regularly on every occurrence daily in that weeks check. Should be no need to trip "9.5" 3 times in a week nor need to file a grievance. Needing to file a grievance and going thru the harassment afterwards is nonsense.
The way this aspect is set up now is the same as "GUILTY TIL PROVEN INNOCENT".
I can go on and on but as I said these are NOT concessions we are asking for, but simply corrections due to past poor leadership that were sell outs and shady to say the least.

If you/we don't set a precedent this time around with new leadership in place (hopefully men of their words) and let the company know we are not getting railroaded yet again I feel there will be no coming back from it.
The few things that I mentioned and much of what is on the table is of little benefit to me at the moment as I'm on my way out the door regardless, yet I'm willing to walk out for quite a long time. It's about helping who comes after me so they don't put up with all the constant nonsense and demands they try jamming up our backend on a daily basis.

Unless you like the way crap smells and tastes it's time to pull up your pants and stand strong and stand the line.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
He didn't paint himself into a corner, if we gotta walk out the door for awhile for the betterment of everyone moving forward now and long after I'm here so be it.
No better time to take a stand as this company is just so flush with money due to what we do....what we have sacrificed.

There are so many things to touch on contract wise, but I do not view a lot of things the union is asking the company to reverse are them giving us concessions.
For instance....
1) "no forced 6th punch". I myself am not forced where I work, but who the hell wants to put their body thru such a constant grind physically as well as giving up family time and such.
2) There should be no such thing as a "22.4" with different pay levels and rights because some idiot wanted to gift the company with a bouquet of roses to fatten his own pockets.
3) 9.5 penalties should be paid out regularly on every occurrence daily in that weeks check. Should be no need to trip "9.5" 3 times in a week nor need to file a grievance. Needing to file a grievance and going thru the harassment afterwards is nonsense.
I can go on and on but as I said these are NOT concessions we are asking for, but simply corrections due to past poor leadership that were sell outs and shady to say the least.

If you/we don't set a precedent this time around with new leadership in place (hopefully men of their words) and let the company know we are not getting railroaded yet again I feel there will be no coming back from it.
The few things that I mentioned and much of what is on the table is of little benefit to me at the moment as I'm on my way out the door regardless, yet I'm willing to walk out for quite a long time. It's about helping who comes after me so they don't put up with all the constant nonsense and demands they try jamming up our backend on a daily basis.

Unless you like the way crap smells and tastes it's time to pull up your pants and stand strong and stand the line.
Well said, I’m all for solidarity. Don’t mistake my complaints for weakness, I’m in, as we all are for whatever lies ahead.

AKCoverMan

Well said, I’m all for solidarity. Don’t mistake my complaints for weakness, I’m in, as we all are for whatever lies ahead.
Right on brother, thank you! When we talk about a strike, emotions are going to run high. People look at their bills and mortgage payments and the anxiety level rises. Let’s remember when someone talks about not wanting to strike…they are simply being human not necessarily a scab.

AKCoverMan

For instance....

Yes.. it is our time. We have delivered quarter after quarter of record profits to our company,

I too have not been affected by forced six punch as we do not have Saturday service in my building only Saturday Air service in the big city an hour away…but 9.5 is a joke. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…if I have to go on strike I will literally be striking for the right to make LESS MONEY because I want less forced overtime.

I also think it‘s our time because Corporate UPS is far too addicted to quarter after quarter of record profits and raising dividends. They can barely see beyond the next Wall Street quarterly earnings conference call. I believe our Union resolve to get the contract we feel we deserve is going to be stronger than their ability to let the money spigot be turned off. I hope we don’t have to teach them a billion dollar lesson but if we have to…..

The contract we want can be implemented and our company can still be very profitable. The company always wants to be more profitable that’s the nature of the capitalist beast but I think at some point they do the math and keep the money flowing.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
*On Topic * Local Supplements

Historically, does UPS stall like this in negotiations or is this something new? I know in past contract years negotiations were allowed to go past expiration.
Stall? Tee off is at 10am like it always is?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1679396117551.png

Vincent Perrone

·
Today was the Eighth day of Supplemental Bargaining in Local 804.
There is something very telling about this picture.
There were Zero proposals exchanged.
There was Zero time spent negotiating.
There was Zero face to face dialogue with our 804 committee.
There was Zero done by UPS to bargain a fair supplement.
In fairness, they are finally sending over information requested……the first week of February.
This stall tactic is happening across the country.
For some reason UPS is expecting the Teamsters to bargain against themselves.
It’s not going to happen.
They are not listening to our members concerns and needs.
As we told them yesterday. You better start getting interested.
It’s getting late early.
We’ve made efforts to enhance our supplemental contract.
We have not closed the door on their issues.
They continue to show a complete lack of interest and total disrespect for their “essential workers”.
I guess we are far apart.
August 1st is coming.