Negotiations

oldngray

nowhere special
Lol this guys got a creepy fascination with us, especially since he was one of the founders of RPS and the contractors model.

In my opinion, he can pound sand.
Notice he never tells UPS to make sure they don’t do anything to cause a Strike only the Teamsters.

It’s pretty clear who he sides with.
A lot of UPS management jumped to RPS when it started.

Thebrownblob

Absolutely

I was just sharing his news story.
Yep, no problem. The whole story is tinged with the idea that
“ you guys are just lucky Don’t you know the rest of the industry makes a lot less than you?

Oh gosh, Mr. jindale maybe it’s because people like you make sure to find ways to make sure blue-collar people cannot get ahead and maybe just maybe the Teamsters are the ones championing giant corporations do their part and take care of the workers. Nope instead, he would rather UPS take us down to everyone else is level with a subpar contract.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

“ you guys are just lucky Don’t you know the rest of the industry makes a lot less than you?

Oh gosh, Mr. jindale maybe it’s because people like you make sure to find ways to make sure blue-collar people cannot get ahead and maybe just maybe the Teamsters are the ones championing giant corporations do their part and take care of the workers. Nope instead, he would rather UPS take us down to everyone else is level with a subpar contract.
Perhaps he was simply pointing out that RPS and their successor FedEx Ground have both proven that the job of moving packages from Point A to Point B can be adequately performed for 1/3 to as much as 1/2 less, not including benefits.

Yours is a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid driver's license-----how many other jobs with those minimal requirements offer the chance to earn six figures?

As Teamsters kept the company afloat during a pandemic while all a management decide to work from home

But I'm sure glad they got a pandemic bonus

Thebrownblob

Perhaps he was simply pointing out that RPS and their successor FedEx Ground have both proven that the job of moving packages from Point A to Point B can be adequately performed for 1/3 to as much as 1/2 less, not including benefits.

Yours is a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid driver's license-----how many other jobs with those minimal requirements offer the chance to earn six figures?
Hey genius, FedEx is floundering. With a workforce, it doesn’t make anywhere near the wage We do. explain that one to me. And unlike you, I don’t put a man’s worth into what level of education he has. There’s been millions of people around this country who have done just fine with less than a high school education. Just because you spent most of your career under a desk does not mean I wish to. You seem to like to run your mouth and badmouth people it really just shows that you have very little character. For the record, I have a degree and I didn’t use it because I was smart enough to see an opportunity that made much more sense to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey genius, FedEx is floundering. With a workforce, it doesn’t make anywhere near the wages. We do explain that one to me. And unlike you, I don’t put a man’s worth into what level of education he has. There’s been millions of people around this country who have done just fine with less than a high school education. Just because you spent most of your career under a desk does not mean I wish to. You seem to like to run your mouth and badmouth people it really just shows that you have very little character. For the record, I have a degree and I didn’t use it because I was smart enough to see an opportunity that made much more sense to me.
I also have a degree but that it not the point here, is it?

Your job is considered to be unskilled labor. Unskilled labor is generally not rewarded with a six figure salary.

Thebrownblob

I also have a degree but that it not the point here, is it?

Your job is considered to be unskilled labor. Unskilled labor is generally not rewarded with a six figure salary.
And whose fault is that? Certainly not the Teamsters lol which is exactly why the opportunity has presented itself, one that you took for granted and did not deserve.

Thebrownblob

Why? Because I did not "work my way up" through the PT ranks?

I earned everything that I received.
No, because you’re disparage people who you think are beneath you. Why would I know anything about you not being part time?
I’m not mesmerized by people with degrees or wearing lab coats. I know a lot of them and a lot of them are dumber than a box of rocks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, because you’re disparage people who you think are beneath you. Why would I know anything about you not being part time?
I’m not mesmerized by people with degrees or wearing lab coats. I know a lot of them and a lot of them are dumber than a box of rocks.
"Book smart" vs "street smart".

I assumed your "you didn't deserve it" was a shot at my off the street hire status.

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
Any word about eliminating FT street hires in this contract? We seem to get a lot of runners off the street, some even try to come in early to go through their loads. The stewards shut that down in a hurry.

Pullman Brown

Hey genius, FedEx is floundering. With a workforce, it doesn’t make anywhere near the wage We do. explain that one to me. And unlike you, I don’t put a man’s worth into what level of education he has. There’s been millions of people around this country who have done just fine with less than a high school education. Just because you spent most of your career under a desk does not mean I wish to. You seem to like to run your mouth and badmouth people it really just shows that you have very little character. For the record, I have a degree and I didn’t use it because I was smart enough to see an opportunity that made much more sense to me.

It’s schooling not education anyway. Not much of that happening apart from specializing degrees.

RPCDGrunt

Don’t disrespect him Bo, I’m interested to hear why I deserve less than a middle class wage for my “unskilled labor.” The off the street boys usually have the hot takes.

govols019

You smell that?
Wonder which 2 are the hold-ups?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230503-204134.png
    Screenshot_20230503-204134.png
    553.2 KB · Views: 36