Netflix: Colony.....a review. Warning: Liberal Democrat reader discretion.

Mutineer

Have any of you guys watched the show Dark on Netflix?
When my brother visits me at my house, he opens his Netflix and tries to bait me into watching "some new show."

Although it seems ridiculous to complain that a movie of this nature as being too unlikely, unrealistic, and unrelatable; that is exactly my complaint.

I wanted to like it, but of what little I watched, it reminded me very much of what little I've watched of Stranger Things.

Except it sucked.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If it's not 55% black, 18% Hispanic, and 4% Asian with the whites either gay or married to a minority then it's.... it's.... RACIST!!!
Well they have to meet those quotas or they can't be considered for an academy award anymore.

vantexan

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
When my brother visits me at my house, he opens his Netflix and tries to bait me into watching "some new show."

Although it seems ridiculous to complain that a movie of this nature as being too unlikely, unrealistic, and unrelatable; that is exactly my complaint.

I wanted to like it, but of what little I watched, it reminded me very much of what little I've watched of Stranger Things.

Except it sucked.
I could never get past the trailers for Stranger Things. I don’t like all the weird stuff. Dark looked more interesting. It got too far out there also.

Mutineer

I could never get past the trailers for Stranger Things. I don’t like all the weird stuff. Dark looked more interesting. It got too far out there also.
The supernatural aspect of ST wasn't particularly appealing to me either. But it did revive memories of being a feral, free-range kid with mostly absent (working) parents.

Imagine a couple kids left home alone today gathering the following in a pile within 15 minutes: Keys to several vehicles with no seat belts or lap belts only, and various other engine driven equipment. All kinds of guns and ammo, very sharp knives, several metal cans of gasoline, strike anywhere matches, really big firecrackers, bottle rockets, alcohol, dirty magazines, a chainsaw, an unopened box of Lawn Darts and a puppy!

Somehow, magically, at no time did anything go wrong that couldn't be covered up before an adult came home.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’ve been watching the Netflix show, The Last Kingdom. It’s a great show. I’d recommend it to anyone. It’s about the fight for England between the heathen Danes, aka Vikings, and the Christians trying to maintain their hold on the area.

oldngray

nowhere special
I’ve been watching the Netflix show, The Last Kingdom. It’s a great show. I’d recommend it to anyone. It’s about the fight for England between the heathen Danes, aka Vikings, and the Christians trying to maintain their hold on the area.
Its going to be on SyFy next week too.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Boring. I watched it. I like that kind of thing, but it was a very boring plot after awhile. You’re gonna find out. The Viking series on net flix is good, only the first season, Valhalla something, lol

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Boring. I watched it. I like that kind of thing, but it was a very boring plot after awhile. You’re gonna find out. The Viking series on net flix is good, only the first season, Valhalla something, lol
I’m almost at the end. I liked it. Funny, my sister was the one who recommended it to me. I sent her a text this morning about a scene and she said, Umm, spoiler alert. She wasn’t as far into it as me. I thought she was finished. Oops. Lol.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’m almost at the end. I liked it. Funny, my sister was the one who recommended it to me. I sent her a text this morning about a scene and she said, Umm, spoiler alert. She wasn’t as far into it as me. I thought she was finished. Oops. Lol.
It’s not bad. Try Rome on HBO. 2 seasons. Excellent.

Box Ox

I tried to watch the latest Predator movie, "Prey" last night on Hulu. Big mistake. Turned it off about 30 minutes in and immediately turned on Predator 1 to see if I could forget what I'd just seen.