New 9.5 question. (Hopefully)

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So we've had quiet a few people get on the 9.5 list. They usually ask to be on the list on Monday because Friday was the 3rd day over.

My question is why are we told that our 9.5 will not start till the following week. I know I should call my BA and ask but thought I'd see if this is normal on here first.

I know some areas are required to inform management if they will be over 9.5 at a certain time. I'm wondering if this is one of those type of agreements out BA has made with UPS.
Go over 3 times.
Get on list before start time on Monday.
File the shyte out of them if you go over 3 times.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO INFORM ANYONE IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE GOING OVER. It's their problem

Back first

If he would have told them on that Friday he would have been covered for the following week but since he waited until the following Monday he would then have to wait for the week after that.[/
I see where it says effective on the first day of his/her workweek after making request.

The request was made Monday morning before the start of his workday.
the request is made after you file the 95 grievance. In my local driver works over 95 in a week. Files the 95 grievance and is on the list for 5 months.

Back first

In my local, driver works over 95 three days in a week then can file a 95 grievance. Takes affect the following week and is good for 5 months.

542thruNthru

Again, this makes no sense.

The purpose of the 9.5 list is to let mgt know that you do not want excessive OT.

How can you file a grievance if you are not on the list?

You are misunderstanding. You file the grievance to be put on the list. Not to be paid. You can not opt on to the list till you have went over 9.5 3 times in a week.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Here, our Labor Manager is adamant that this so-called "list" is to maintained by the Center Managers, which is fine by me....

.....except that there is no documentation for the Union side of the equation.

With this in mind, I have always had the drivers I represent submit the request to be added to "the list" on a grievance form.
This drives the LM nuts, which is all the more reason to continue.

While it isn't a grievance that will ever be formally heard, unless a center manager disputes whether the driver is on the list, it gives the Local something to reference in the event of a disagreement.

This practice has subsequently been adopted in the 4 other buildings within our Local as an accepted way to document a driver being added to the "9.5 opt-in list" and has aided in both challenging who's on the list and the duration.

In regards as to when it starts, I try to have the drivers file Monday morning, before their start time, in order to include the upcoming week.
Any subsequent requests, start the following week.

Back first

Again, this makes no sense.

The purpose of the 9.5 list is to let mgt know that you do not want excessive OT.

How can you file a grievance if you are not on the list?
You file a grievance to get on the 95 list. Once on 95 list you can file a 95 violation if worked over 95 three days. Management can't pound the driver on the remaining 2 days as retaliation. Helps if you read your contract once in a while.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Here, our Labor Manager is adamant that this so-called "list" is to maintained by the Center Managers, which is fine by me....

With this in mind, I have always had the drivers I represent submit the request to be added to "the list" on a grievance form.

While it isn't a grievance that will ever be formally heard, unless a center manager disputes whether the driver is on the list, it gives the Local something to reference in the event of a disagreement.

This practice has subsequently been adopted in the 4 other buildings within our Local as an accepted way to document a driver being added to the "9.5 opt-in list" and has aided in both challenging who's on the list and the duration.

In regards as to when it starts, I try to have the drivers file Monday morning, before their start time, in order to include the upcoming week.
Any subsequent requests, start the following week.
Nice work.

tourists24

You are correct---if you tell them on Friday that you want to be on the 9.5 list it would be effective on the following Monday. If you wait until Monday you would not be on the list until the following Monday.
Maybe this is what you think is fair or how your building does it, but that doesn't make it so for sure. Around here if you put your name on the 9.5 list on a Monday then you are on the list. If they violate the contract that week again then you have a grievance. Not sure about other areas of the country

tourists24

This is exactly what our local does now also. We were having problems getting the center manager to keep a roster and sometimes refusing to add people to the list when requested. This makes it much easier to document the dates for the employee and union

ManInBrown

We file here the following week, for the prior week. If I go over 3 times, my steward files the grievance the following Friday. That's when it has to be in.

A

Article 3

Ok maybe I didn't explain it well. I'm not asking about filing. I'm say said driver goes over 3 times during the week. The 3rd time being Friday. On Monday he asks to be put on the list. Management puts him on but tells him it doesn't start till the following Monday.
A lie.
If he would have told them on that Friday he would have been covered for the following week but since he waited until the following Monday he would then have to wait for the week after that.
Another lie.
...which means that he would on the list as of the following week...
Nope.
I see where it says effective on the first day of his/her workweek after making request.

The request was made Monday morning before the start of his workday.
There you go.
Dispatches are set long before start time.
Who cares? There's also the daily 15:00 and 17:00 re-dispatch...DAILY.

So you get on the list the Monday following the week you were violated. They have the other four days left in the week to unload your dispatch. What is the big deal? So you get a ten hr day on one Monday and the rest of the week is less than 9.5 daily. That's a win. We tell them in the same allotted time we have to file a grievance and have never been challenged.

HULKAMANIA

This is exactly why the language on the 9.5 is absolute trash. The fact we have to get on a list in and of itself is ridiculously stupid. Then when you follow all their directions and still file the company fights your grievance saying it's not a continuation of a violation! Really?!?!? What was my getting on the list then?

I seriously hope that every single member nationwide is willing to fight to get the 9.5 language strengthened and put back to a 5 day period rather than work week. I still can't believe people voted yes on this language for the 5 years we've had it.

This is how it goes for me. Monday a route that's next to me is out so every Monday I get hosed. Tuesday is normally ok. Wednesday I get blown out, Thursday is always heavy and then on Friday they cut the same route out yet again which in turn screws me. I message in every week saying I don't want a 3rd 9.5 and it does no good. I file, I get called in the office and asked well why did you run your trace like this when you could have done this and saved time? They really ask me this. I run it just like Orion tells me to. So when it's convenient for their argument they want me to outsmart Orion. Which is easy to do but it isn't my job to fix dispatch all day. My point in sharing all of this is that the harassment is getting out of hand. They obviously don't care how much they work us anymore. Filing doesn't seem to do any good. I don't want 10 hour days everyday in 100 degree weather. Safety first though safety first.

Off to work for my 3rd 10 hr day...

Faceplanted

This is exactly why the language on the 9.5 is absolute trash. The fact we have to get on a list in and of itself is ridiculously stupid. Then when you follow all their directions and still file the company fights your grievance saying it's not a continuation of a violation! Really?!?!? What was my getting on the list then?

I seriously hope that every single member nationwide is willing to fight to get the 9.5 language strengthened and put back to a 5 day period rather than work week. I still can't believe people voted yes on this language for the 5 years we've had it.

This is how it goes for me. Monday a route that's next to me is out so every Monday I get hosed. Tuesday is normally ok. Wednesday I get blown out, Thursday is always heavy and then on Friday they cut the same route out yet again which in turn screws me. I message in every week saying I don't want a 3rd 9.5 and it does no good. I file, I get called in the office and asked well why did you run your trace like this when you could have done this and saved time? They really ask me this. I run it just like Orion tells me to. So when it's convenient for their argument they want me to outsmart Orion. Which is easy to do but it isn't my job to fix dispatch all day. My point in sharing all of this is that the harassment is getting out of hand. They obviously don't care how much they work us anymore. Filing doesn't seem to do any good. I don't want 10 hour days everyday in 100 degree weather. Safety first though safety first.

Off to work for my 3rd 10 hr day...
Every time u go in the office file for harassment/retaliation based on being on the 9-5 list.

Have you gotten paid yet?