New 9.5 question. (Hopefully)

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
What is considered "pounding the driver" as retaliation...1 stop, 2, 3, 10, 1 bulk stop, 2 bulk stops??

Do I ask you if you are "good" to be under 9.5, you worked 9.63 so I took off 5 stops but you still cannot get done. Weather - where does it end??

You guys made up the rules. Some are better than others at playing your game.

Faceplanted

What is considered "pounding the driver" as retaliation...1 stop, 2, 3, 10, 1 bulk stop, 2 bulk stops??

Do I ask you if you are "good" to be under 9.5, you worked 9.63 so I took off 5 stops but you still cannot get done. Weather - where does it end??
Pounding the driver, let me give you an example

165 stops, 165 stops, 130, 135, 130

It's blatantly obvious that the driver is being "pounded" on his 2 free days. If the route max is 135 it shows even more that a driver is getting slammed out of retaliation for the 2 "free days"

I had a hearing for this very issue and the labor manager agreeed and told my center manager it's not acceptable.

When I see an true effort being made to keep me from violating 9/5 I let it slide. If I don't I pound you guys right back with greviences and free money.

Would 42 hrs in 4 days be considered a pounding? I haven't seen a decent dispatch in weeks. Decent being below 9 5.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
So we've had quiet a few people get on the 9.5 list. They usually ask to be on the list on Monday because Friday was the 3rd day over.

My question is why are we told that our 9.5 will not start till the following week. I know I should call my BA and ask but thought I'd see if this is normal on here first.

I know some areas are required to inform management if they will be over 9.5 at a certain time. I'm wondering if this is one of those type of agreements out BA has made with UPS.

We use the first grievance as a notification that we wish to be on the list. That is proof that the sups know it.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

It ends when the driver punches out 9.4999999999~. Simple.
You agreed to the language. Our responsibility to deliver and pickup. Your responsibility to adhere to the agreement set forth by your bosses.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The routes are not "mixed up" you get different work everyday to make a complete day. The statement "that is my work/stuff/stops" is long gone.
So why do we have different sections of add cuts on a daily basis. You want people to be efficient, give them the same stuff. I already know your comeback.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Pounding the driver, let me give you an example

165 stops, 165 stops, 130, 135, 130

It's blatantly obvious that the driver is being "pounded" on his 2 free days. If the route max is 135 it shows even more that a driver is getting slammed out of retaliation for the 2 "free days"

I had a hearing for this very issue and the labor manager agreeed and told my center manager it's not acceptable.

When I see an true effort being made to keep me from violating 9/5 I let it slide. If I don't I pound you guys right back with greviences and free money.

good example...but it is still vague language. If 135 barely gets you in under 9.5 then a 165 is about 11 hour day, correct?

542thruNthru

good example...but it is still vague language. If 135 barely gets you in under 9.5 then a 165 is about 11 hour day, correct?

Depends on the area. I can do 125 and just barely get in by 9.5. Give me 155 and I'll be in at 10.5 pretty easy. The reason is the stops just after all my slow stuff I can do 30stops a hour easy.

They love to give it to me because it makes my sporh look great.

Problem is most management don't care to learn the route. They just follow SPC.

Depends on the area. I can do 125 and just barely get in by 9.5. Give me 155 and I'll be in at 10.5 pretty easy. The reason is the stops just after all my slow stuff I can do 30stops a hour easy.

They love to give it to me because it makes my sporh look great.

Problem is most management don't care to learn the route. They just follow SPC.
Not All stops are not created equal.

Brown Down

This is exactly what I would like to know myself. Personally I file if I'm over 10 hours with no help but the wording is completely vague. As for when I'm told to miss and I still go over thsts on me imo.

35years

Gravy route
Management knows I will file at each and every violation.
Takes the guesswork out of it.
Ever since I have adopted this stance, I never have 3 over 9.5s after getting on the list.

My attitude is that they can dispatch me with an 8.5 every day after the three 9.5s.
There is no reason for them to take chances with a 3rd 9.5.

Above10200

Pushed over 9.5 3 days a week file, you might get :censored2: from your management, but file. Follow the rules but file! You want to see your family, file! You get a 3 day time study, work safe slow down, if you have to carry more than one package break out your 2wheeler(as needed), make sure to go 5mph under the speed limit. Little things like that will increase your time 10 fold, it is working safer ,and you can keep up that pace for 25 years! Keep that in mind fighting the 9.5 fight, that is my fight! I am a routed driver, that is the only way I got on the list, 2 years left before i could get on the list as a swing driver!

Above10200

This is exactly why the language on the 9.5 is absolute trash. The fact we have to get on a list in and of itself is ridiculously stupid. Then when you follow all their directions and still file the company fights your grievance saying it's not a continuation of a violation! Really?!?!? What was my getting on the list then?

I seriously hope that every single member nationwide is willing to fight to get the 9.5 language strengthened and put back to a 5 day period rather than work week. I still can't believe people voted yes on this language for the 5 years we've had it.

This is how it goes for me. Monday a route that's next to me is out so every Monday I get hosed. Tuesday is normally ok. Wednesday I get blown out, Thursday is always heavy and then on Friday they cut the same route out yet again which in turn screws me. I message in every week saying I don't want a 3rd 9.5 and it does no good. I file, I get called in the office and asked well why did you run your trace like this when you could have done this and saved time? They really ask me this. I run it just like Orion tells me to. So when it's convenient for their argument they want me to outsmart Orion. Which is easy to do but it isn't my job to fix dispatch all day. My point in sharing all of this is that the harassment is getting out of hand. They obviously don't care how much they work us anymore. Filing doesn't seem to do any good. I don't want 10 hour days everyday in 100 degree weather. Safety first though safety first.

Off to work for my 3rd 10 hr day...
Awesome response we need to fix this ambiguous language in the new contract!

HULKAMANIA

Careful there...... soon they'll be giving you the ole "you know what you signed up for" line

Yeah they sure like to give that line but heres my response. Yeah I signed up knowing hours would be like that...DURING PEAK! We all know this isn't a 9-5 job, no pun intended, but it doesn't have to be a 10-11 hour job everyday either. Especially when there are drivers sitting at home twiddling their thumbs. Like I said before if every single driver in this company that is capable would file their 9.5's and get paid triple pay it would sure start to make some changes. I would think it would have to. 105.57 an hour! I think their whole business mold of keeping drivers at home to save benefits and insurance would crumble. I wont even get started on that lol.

JackStraw

What is a reasonable time to expect your money? I've got 2 8hr request violations and 3 over 9.5's that I'm waiting on.

35years

Gravy route
What is a reasonable time to expect your money? I've got 2 8hr request violations and 3 over 9.5's that I'm waiting on.
At what point are you in the process?
Have you met with your steward /center manager/business agent/labor manager?

Have they agreed to pay you yet?

You need to follow up on your grievances. Make sure the Steward processed them. Know when your BA
is coming in and ask him for a hearing with the center manager or labor manager; who ever authorizes payment in your center.

Once authorized, timely payment is spelled out in the contract, I believe.

JackStraw

At what point are you in the process?
Have you met with your steward /center manager/business agent/labor manager?

Have they agreed to pay you yet?

You need to follow up on your grievances. Make sure the Steward processed them. Know when your BA
is coming in and ask him for a hearing with the center manager or labor manager; who ever authorizes payment in your center.

Once authorized, timely payment is spelled out in the contract, I believe.

Been about a month. Didn't know they had to agree to pay me. It's not like there is some question as to whether I was violated or not. Put in for an 8hr day, came in dispatch said he couldn't do it. I said, "OK, that'll be 71 bucks."

HULKAMANIA

I wish I could answer this for you now that I have 5 pending violations. 5 weeks over being over dispatched. Nothing has changed.
Been about a month. Didn't know they had to agree to pay me. It's not like there is some question as to whether I was violated or not. Put in for an 8hr day, came in dispatch said he couldn't do it. I said, "OK, that'll be 71 bucks."

They cant deny an 8 hour because "they cant do it." Only way they can deny it is if you are over the allowed 8 hr requests or if someone senior bumps you.