New 9.5 question. (Hopefully)

HULKAMANIA

I haven't gotten paid yet. I have 4 active 9.5 violation grievances pending. The first one they fought. Saying it wasn't a continuation. Funny how they like to choose their wording isn't it? That's about has dirty as you can get. Oh give us a free violation and then fight me on the next still? It's just laughable but at the same time extremely irritating.

Finally more drivers in my center are getting on the file wagon. Like I said though it hasn't changed our hours or dispatch a bit yet.

If every single driver in this company would file their 9.5's and get paid triple time for the time over it would completely ruin their whole theory of it saving money by cutting routes, drivers...etc. I understand some love the OT. I'm ok with a little OT but this has gotten out of hand.

Every time u go in the office file for harassment/retaliation based on being on the 9-5 list.

Have you gotten paid yet?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I haven't gotten paid yet. I have 4 active 9.5 violation grievances pending. The first one they fought. Saying it wasn't a continuation. Funny how they like to choose their wording isn't it? That's about has dirty as you can get. Oh give us a free violation and then fight me on the next still? It's just laughable but at the same time extremely irritating.

Finally more drivers in my center are getting on the file wagon. Like I said though it hasn't changed our hours or dispatch a bit yet.

If every single driver in this company would file their 9.5's and get paid triple time for the time over it would completely ruin their whole theory of it saving money by cutting routes, drivers...etc. I understand some love the OT. I'm ok with a little OT but this has gotten out of hand.
9.5 should be automatic. In Our supplement carries a time bonus if you go over 10 hours. It's basically two additional paid 10 min breaks. Very common to receive a few a week. My point being, if UPS's pay system can automatically calculate this for the last 20+ years, I see zero reason that it can do it for any work over 9.5 at triple.

Just Lurking

If you are on the 9.5 list, the company can change your start time for businesses decisions. Just as long as its business decisions and not retaliation for the 9.5 grievance. Brilliant decision from a local grievance hearing today.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you are on the 9.5 list, the company can change your start time for businesses decisions. Just as long as its business decisions and not retaliation for the 9.5 grievance. Brilliant decision from a local grievance hearing today.

How do you distinguish between the 2

You know they're gonna call it a business decision
but you know damn well it's not

HULKAMANIA

How in the world would the union sign off on that? It's absolute retaliation and we all know it. 9.5 is 9.5 whether you start at 8, 9,10...you get the point. So their answer to your 9.5 problem is to change your start time and not your dispatch? That shows our management team at work right there!

Above10200

Everybody who doesn't want the overtime should be on the 9.5 list. Management can play the game of you have to inform them that you want to be on the list the first time you approach them because of the violation. Then you have to go over again 3 times in one week. When I filed my grievance management said the new rule is I have to inform them everyday wether i am going over or will be under via text on the diad "OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCE!". Play the game slow down file when needed. Take your break, lunch as determined by your contract/BA. Make sure your hours match management's(ask for there list of your hours). Learn how to play the game if you get a 3 day time study ride.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How in the world would the union sign off on that? It's absolute retaliation and we all know it. 9.5 is 9.5 whether you start at 8, 9,10...you get the point. So their answer to your 9.5 problem is to change your start time and not your dispatch? That shows our management team at work right there!

Happens all the time. They will either change your start time and take off of all your air or they will take off your pickups to get you under 9.5.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You file a grievance to get on the 95 list. Once on 95 list you can file a 95 violation if worked over 95 three days. Management can't pound the driver on the remaining 2 days as retaliation. Helps if you read your contract once in a while.

What is considered "pounding the driver" as retaliation...1 stop, 2, 3, 10, 1 bulk stop, 2 bulk stops??

Do I ask you if you are "good" to be under 9.5, you worked 9.63 so I took off 5 stops but you still cannot get done. Weather - where does it end??

What is considered "pounding the driver" as retaliation...1 stop, 2, 3, 10, 1 bulk stop, 2 bulk stops??

Do I ask you if you are "good" to be under 9.5, you worked 9.63 so I took off 5 stops but you still cannot get done. Weather - where does it end??
It's not so much the stops, it's how they mix up these routes in a daily basis.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
It's not so much the stops, it's how they mix up these routes in a daily basis.

The routes are not "mixed up" you get different work everyday to make a complete day. The statement "that is my work/stuff/stops" is long gone.