New cameras in cab

542thruNthru

How much time do you think they have to watch video beyond triggering events? How often will they find issues if drivers are generally following the methods? How many drivers is the average manager responsible for and how much video is there to watch? The cameras only save for events, so they’d have to be watching the live feed and catch something. Constant harassment isn’t practical.
Ok man agree to disagree. I could easily find 5 or 6 things a driver didn't do in 2 hours of watching live and as a manager id only need one. "You didnt check your mirrors every 5-8 seconds. Thats a methods violation so verbal warning." Next day "you didnt maintain 6-8 second following distance while driving over 30mph thats a warning letter."

Its really not that hard. I'm sorry and mean no offense but until you've worked here you won't understand.

It will be fine

Ok man agree to disagree. I could easily find 5 or 6 things a driver didn't do in 2 hours of watching live and as a manager id only need one. "You didnt check your mirrors every 5-8 seconds. Thats a methods violation so verbal warning." Next day "you didnt maintain 6-8 second following distance while driving over 30mph thats a warning letter."

Its really not that hard. I'm sorry and mean no offense but until you've worked here you won't understand.
What’s the benefit? Perhaps your culture doesn’t make sense to me. I correct safety issues. I don’t see how UPS gains by constant monitoring. It would be extremely costly with no return.

It will be fine

Driver shows up on a report for taking more than 5 minutes at 1 stop at 3:59pm. Supervisor checks camera footage from the previous day at 3:59pm, sees driver responding to a text message. Harassment and warning letters ensue.
Cameras only save g-force events. They have limited memory that constantly overwrites. Only events get sent to the cloud for review by the camera vendor. They’d have to be watching a live feed.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
This will be used to outsource virtual OJS. My new on road sup will be a shoeless 14 year old in the Philippines. Same kid that works at the 800 number and reads off a script.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Shouldn’t be able to stack different violations like
That though

over9five

Staff member
It is an insult to have a camera 18 inches from your face recording you all day. A slap in the face to a professional driver and a good employee.
This can not stand.

Method Mensch

Sorry if this has its own thread already, but does anybody have a camera installed in their cab,

My hub installed 100 today. They face the driver and send information about hard brakes somewhere. They probably detect impact too.

I heard you can be fired for covering it.
I hear that if you cover the telematics antenna with lead foil, it blocks all the signals. Dirt cheap, too. So I hear. Friend told me.