New cameras in cab

It will be fine

Sorry but FedEx Ground is just a step above Amazon delivery. You don't care as long as the stuff gets delivered.. You can't compare a FedEx ground contractor to UPS. UPS will monitor it constantly and write drivers up to harass them.
I’m just saying there is no way you’ll be watched all day. There isn’t time for that. G-force events get reviewed and only get forwarded on if there’s an issue. I’ll get about one event per week sent to me. If UPS drivers are so superior there won’t be any events sent on to management.

542thruNthru

I’m just saying there is no way you’ll be watched all day. There isn’t time for that. G-force events get reviewed and only get forwarded on if there’s an issue. I’ll get about one event per week sent to me. If UPS drivers are so superior there won’t be any events sent on to management.
Not saying we are superior. Just saying we are held to unreasonable things. How often do you write your drivers up for back first exceptions or not having to seat belt clicked in for .001 miles. Management will monitor it and they will use it against "problem" drivers.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not saying we are superior. Just saying we are held to unreasonable things. How often do you write your drivers up for back first exceptions or not having to seat belt clicked in for .001 miles. Management will monitor it and they will use it against "problem" drivers.
“Problem” drivers gonna have to
Tighten up

oldngray

nowhere special
Sorry but FedEx Ground is just a step above Amazon delivery. You don't care as long as the stuff gets delivered.. You can't compare a FedEx ground contractor to UPS. UPS will monitor it constantly and write drivers up to harass them.
Most FedEx Ground drivers suck but there are a few good ones. But the good ones don't last long.

oldngray

nowhere special
ron excellence.gif

It will be fine

If it’s Lytx or any other company the fleet owner is paying for the monitoring as part of the service. While I can go in and monitor live feeds it’s just not practical on a regular basis. You are correct though, when I have a problem driver I will check in on them more often to see if there are issues. Most of the time there’s nothing to see and it’s really boring. Management might check in often when they’re first installed but they’ll get bored fast, like within the first day.

542thruNthru

Most FedEx Ground drivers suck but there are a few good ones. But the good ones don't last long.
There are lots of good FedEx Ground drivers. They just are not held to the stupid "safety" standards we are. I was written up because I unbuckled my seatbelt a half second before the truck was stopped. FedEx Ground contractors would never do that. They probably wouldn't even mention it.

oldngray

nowhere special
There are lots of good FedEx Ground drivers. They just are not held to the stupid "safety" standards we are. I was written up because I unbuckled my seatbelt a half second before the truck was stopped. FedEx Ground contractors would never do that. They probably wouldn't even mention it.
When UPS started getting stupid about stuff like that I started taking more time at every stop so I wouldn't show up on their reports. Give them what they want and they can whine about it all they want. I had years in so had a don't give a :censored2: attitude. Didn't get that way until they started asking for it.

542thruNthru

If it’s Lytx or any other company the fleet owner is paying for the monitoring as part of the service. While I can go in and monitor live feeds it’s just not practical on a regular basis. You are correct though, when I have a problem driver I will check in on them more often to see if there are issues. Most of the time there’s nothing to see and it’s really boring. Management might check in often when they’re first installed but they’ll get bored fast, like within the first day.

So like I said it will be used to harass drivers. "I was watching you on the camera and I see you didn't close your bulk head door. This is a warning." Or "I was looking at your over allowed and I see you're not moving out without delay this is a warning letter for not following the methods. "

Right now management has to come out and observe us. Yes the contract still says they have to but that could change easily. Like I said UPS is much different than FedEx Ground.

It will be fine

So like I said it will be used to harass drivers. "I was watching you on the camera and I see you didn't close your bulk head door. This is a warning." Or "I was looking at your over allowed and I see you're not moving out without delay this is a warning letter for not following the methods. "

Right now management has to come out and observe us. Yes the contract still says they have to but that could change easily. Like I said UPS is much different than FedEx Ground.
How much time do you think they have to watch video beyond triggering events? How often will they find issues if drivers are generally following the methods? How many drivers is the average manager responsible for and how much video is there to watch? The cameras only save for events, so they’d have to be watching the live feed and catch something. Constant harassment isn’t practical.

Staydryitsraining

Most ORS's between 10am till 330pm are doing absolutely nothing. Let me assure you they will dive into a drivers day more than you think.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I see it as another tool to replace management also.

Just more harassment though. More digging their own grave.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
How much time do you think they have to watch video beyond triggering events? How often will they find issues if drivers are generally following the methods? How many drivers is the average manager responsible for and how much video is there to watch? The cameras only save for events, so they’d have to be watching the live feed and catch something. Constant harassment isn’t practical.

Driver shows up on a report for taking more than 5 minutes at 1 stop at 3:59pm. Supervisor checks camera footage from the previous day at 3:59pm, sees driver responding to a text message. Harassment and warning letters ensue.