New driver

vvv

Making someone wait 10 seconds isn't being a dick....
I believe so......brown truck doesn't = parking it wherever you so choose.

Hey whatever.......doing things correctly gets me a morning load that the Jesse White Tumblers can do their act thru down the middle. I love in the morning when other dopes come by on the dock craning a look into my truck asking how I'm not jacked up like them and who's backend I'm kissing......makes me laugh.
I earn that load by doing things right out there from the moment I pull out every day til I get back.

Pretty tight route......not far from building.....and not even 200 pieces delivered and less than 25 picked up yesterday. Keep working like a bunch of pudd's and enjoy your blown out routes for being in a hurry.

Softconcrete

Well it's been about 12 days and I'm still doing pretty bad. When is it going to click????? No matter how hard I try I can't seem to be back in the building before 8 pm. I don't know what to do differently besides wasting time looking for packages and driving past a couple stops

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Well it's been about 12 days and I'm still doing pretty bad. When is it going to click????? No matter how hard I try I can't seem to be back in the building before 8 pm. I don't know what to do differently besides wasting time looking for packages and driving past a couple stops
You are doing fine .. It will happen.

putrefaction

Damn. I'm on day 21 tomorrow. I haven't been out past 7pm in my first 3 weeks. Just run edd if you aren't familiar with the route yet. You should study a map or something. Area knowledge is a huge part of passing the probationary period. Good luck man.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Run RDO?

Softconcrete

Damn. I'm on day 21 tomorrow. I haven't been out past 7pm in my first 3 weeks. Just run edd if you aren't familiar with the route yet. You should study a map or something. Area knowledge is a huge part of passing the probationary period. Good luck man.

Yeah it's hard even when I ran it with sup and he drove we got back at like 7-730 ish... the town is a little more than 30 min each way which doesn't help. My area knowledge is much better than it was last week but still having a hard time

AlphaMikeBravo

Come in early everyday to at least sort your 1000, 2000 section and move all your bulk stops to the rear so you can get them off fast. The biggest problem I had when I started was that I was taking too long looking for packages. Don't "look" for the package....Instead you should "sort" for the package. Set up the packages in strick sequential order, lip loading them so they don't fall over. If you ballpark it, you'll waste more time when you have to find it again.

Also, when your on the road, don't go crazy sorting your whole shelf at once. It will create too much dead time. You should sort for the package, and once you have it, stop, get that bulk head door closed, and deliver. If you do find the package at first glance, only sort or line up your next 3-5 stops. Don't drive like a mad man. Drive smooth so your packages don't fall off the shelf.

When I first started I used to run 100+ clicks over when my truck was blown out. I was able to cut 50 clicks the very next day following this method, and then eventually I scratched every day. If you invest the time in the beginning, it will pay off.

As far as blowing by stops, you should try to avoid that. If you have google maps you can label the house numbers at each intersection so with a quick glance you know which way you have to turn.

I know its overwhelming at first but if you stick with it, it does get easier.

OverAll0wed

Hi I started driving last week.... and I suck. Today was my fourth day and they had to send a sup out to help me by 1230. I drove my personal car over the weekend in the area and it didn't seem too bad. Once I drove around in the package car everything is a lot harder. After driving half the day and then most of today I don't think I'm getting any better and was already debating dqing myself... feel like I'm wasting their time and I feel stupid. How much longer should I give myself without improvement?

How are things going for you now man? I'm pretty much in the same boat as uour original post except I'm not ready to quit. Just super stressed & overwhelmed by everything. I hope everything's finally clicking for you

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How are things going for you now man? I'm pretty much in the same boat as uour original post except I'm not ready to quit. Just super stressed & overwhelmed by everything. I hope everything's finally clicking for you
Gonna go out on a limb here and say it "never clicked"

Gone like a fart in the wind