New England Teamsters Fight Back -- Boston Globe Story

“They have the ability to hire as many people as they want during this time and they choose not to, and they choose not to because it would cost them money,” said Sean O’Brien, president of Teamsters Local 25 and principal executive officer of Teamsters Joint Council 10 New England. “They try and squeeze that orange as much as they can, to the detriment of their regular employees and the general public.”

ski or die

Ski or Die
If they forced me to work 70 hour week, I'm afraid my production would begin to suffer because I would be so tired. Hoping they would write me up so we can go to panel and discuss the issue of amount of time forced to work wearing out employees mentally and physically.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
If they forced me to work 70 hour week, I'm afraid my production would begin to suffer because I would be so tired. Hoping they would write me up so we can go to panel and discuss the issue of amount of time forced to work wearing out employees mentally and physically.

Can only do what you can. Get fatigued bring her back. Just cardboard

3 done 3 to go

The new England group isn't enough by themselves. It would take the nation to get any publicity. Unfortunately it is just O grand standing. For his political stature. No one will notice

Undertow

ot working 70 hours a week, maybe less then 60 but I have found myself making mis
PT, Me too. Between trying to direct different helpers for 69 hours and 6 days last week, the added mental load combined with a little too hectic atmosphere really can be disrupting. Nearly drove off from one of my last pickups with the back door still open one time.

Management at my building says we are caught up from the cyber tidal wave, but at present it just has that "eye of the hurricane" feel where just a stretch of bad weather road conditions could derail all progress made.

PT, Me too. Between trying to direct different helpers for 69 hours and 6 days last week, the added mental load combined with a little too hectic atmosphere really can be disrupting. Nearly drove off from one of my last pickups with the back door still open one time.

Management at my building says we are caught up from the cyber tidal wave, but at present it just has that "eye of the hurricane" feel where just a stretch of bad weather road conditions could derail all progress made.
Last week was good for us but we will see what this week brings. Only thing going well for us is the weather. Highs in the upper 30's to lower 40's.

Gimme Danger

The new England group isn't enough by themselves. It would take the nation to get any publicity. Unfortunately it is just O grand standing. For his political stature. No one will notice

It's all of New England united. Keep in mind 251 was opposed to 25 in IBT elections, and the fight is united.
NE supplement was one of the few that didn't get rejected last contract, and helped get the national passed. I don't think that will be the case this time around.

3 done 3 to go

It's all of New England united. Keep in mind 251 was opposed to 25 in IBT elections, and the fight is united.
NE supplement was one of the few that didn't get rejected last contract, and helped get the national passed. I don't think that will be the case this time around.

Ask @Gumby how that worked for them. Hoffa will do the same this contract. If he has too

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I can't work when I'm fatigued, nor can the company force me to.
I can but real friend’n slow. ATP stores are finite and can’t be stored in excess. So the body needs 5-6 seconds of rest for every second of moderate exertion. This is the reason people cannot do an infinite number of pushups. ATP depletion occurs and lactic acids build. Working a 10 hour day does major damage to ones kidneys. This is why a lot of people in the labor industry show proteins in the urine.

Faceplanted

I can but real friend’n slow. ATP stores are finite and can’t be stored in excess. So the body needs 5-6 seconds of rest for every second of moderate exertion. This is the reason people cannot do an infinite number of pushups. ATP depletion occurs and lactic acids build. Working a 10 hour day does major damage to ones kidneys. This is why a lot of people in the labor industry show proteins in the urine.
Using this skewed science every marathon runner, us soldier, and person who goes hiking for 12-14hr should be laying dead somewhere

We are much better shape than the average peson. Thus, ups driver don't exert them selfs as much as an out of shape person would when it comes to walking a 30lb package to somebody's door.

Not to mention the 30sec to 10 min drive in between every stop....

Like I said, it doesn't apply us drivers in most normal situations