New England Teamsters Fight Back -- Boston Globe Story

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Using this skewed science every marathon runner, us soldier, and person who goes hiking for 12-14hr should be laying dead somewhere

We are much better shape than the average peson. Thus, ups driver don't exert them selfs as much as an out of shape person would when it comes to walking a 30lb package to somebody's door.
Running and jogging doesn’t deplete ATP stores like lifting pal. This is just science. 713lb is the raw bench press record. Why can’t he do it twice. You’re mixing up ATP depletion with glycogen depletion. And before you comment, look at the finish line of an Olympic marathon. Not exactly daisy fresh. Some are carried off on a stretcher. Once again, face planted!

Faceplanted

Running and jogging doesn’t deplete ATP stores like lifting pal. This is just science. 713lb is the raw bench press record. Why can’t he do it twice. You’re mixing up ATP depletion with glycogen depletion. And before you comment, look at the finish line of an Olympic marathon. Not exactly daisy fresh. Some are carried off on a stretcher. Once again, face planted!
I didn't know delivering packages was the same as 713lb bench pressing. Thanks for explaining. I guess I'm in even better shape than I thought.

I'm sorry brah, walking off packages to the door, or carting them to the door is far from what I would call exerting my self. But maybe I'm just in better shape than you which I doubt.

Last edited:

wide load

Using this skewed science every marathon runner, us soldier, and person who goes hiking for 12-14hr should be laying dead somewhere

We are much better shape than the average peson. Thus, ups driver don't exert them selfs as much as an out of shape person would when it comes to walking a 30lb package to somebody's door.

Not to mention the 30sec to 10 min drive in between every stop....

Like I said, it doesn't apply us drivers in most normal situations
Work 14 hours on Monday. Do you wake up feeling the same on Tuesday as you did Monday. The simple point is, my example was to show what the body needs to fully recover.

Faceplanted

Work 14 hours on Monday. Do you wake up feeling the same on Tuesday as you did Monday. The simple point is, my example was to show what the body needs to fully recover.
I usually feel worse monday because I was drinking all weekend but that's a different story

I agree. I'm just saying your post was a bit much.

Faceplanted

You have valid argument and I wish this would be taken to the top with nutritional and fitness experts to a arbitration hearing to get rid of 70hr work week

I was drinking heavily after work the first 70hour work week and it was killing me. I been sticking to 2-3 beers after work these last 2 weeks as well as eating better and I have been honestly feeling fine all week Until sat...that is when I have to call in due to "extreme fatigue"

wide load

You have valid argument and I wish this would be taken to the top with nutritional and fitness experts to a arbitration hearing to get rid of 70hr work week

I was drinking heavily after work the first 70hour work week and it was killing me. I been sticking to 2-3 beers after work these last 2 weeks as well as eating better and I have been honestly feeling fine all week Until sat...that is when I have to call in due to "extreme fatigue"
I completely agree. I’ve always had the saying “you can work longer or you can work hard but you can’t do both.”