New Ford PCs

bbsam

Staff member
The V10 Ford's drop valves. Brakes wear fast.
Did they set that fixed with the valves dropping? We’ve had several engines replaced at around 60,000 miles. Some have been out of warranty but due to a recall they’ve been covered under warranty.

The V10 Ford's drop valves. Brakes wear fast.

They do wear fast. First set at 12k to 16k depending on the driver. All of mine had to have ABS modules before 20k. Everyone we have has had a least one rear wheel seal replaced. Most have had pinion seals done and the boots and the drag link just melt away. But the are quiet.

wornoutupser

I hope that the new Fords are better than the old ones.

I am old and I admit it. I grew up in the old Ford P 500 and P 800's. They were some of the worst death traps that we had.

I had wheels break off on the highway, rear ends lock up on the highway and the last P500 we crushed was even worse.

This car was horrible. For two years it was repeatedly written up for driving itself off of the road. You would drive down the road and at any speed it would pull itself 10-15 feet in either direction.

Please remember that my building gets all of the problem vehicles from other buildings.

I had an OJS with a supervisor from another center while driving this car. It only took about an hour to throw me off the road. I was told to pull over and took a horrible tail reaming for careless driving.

Later, the supervisor was driving for demonstration. Sure enough, we ended up off the road in a short time.

You would not believe the lecture that happened after he recovered. I was told that it is because of drivers like me that my center gets crap cars like this ( are they trying to kill us?)

This car ended up with a Saturday driver that rolled it on a straight stretch of highway. She was severely injured. This car was written up for the last three days as " unsafe to drive, take out of service". Mysteriously, the DVIR disappeared the first night of the accident.

This is why I hope that the new Ford's are better!

wornoutupser

Also, my building has a severe need for one type of vehicle. There are several brand new ones at a nearby center. When I questioned the automotive supervisor about getting one to my building, I was told no and that " Your building doesn't get new cars".

I am glad to know that we don't have enough and that we can't get what we need because of long standing bias!

Brisket

I can't stand the constant beeping! I know the company ordered the trucks extra beeps and extra loud just to annoy us!

Wasn’t there a driver that said he got a lady screaming at them because they were trying to enjoy peace and quiet awhile back? Lol.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
They do wear fast. First set at 12k to 16k depending on the driver. All of mine had to have ABS modules before 20k. Everyone we have has had a least one rear wheel seal replaced. Most have had pinion seals done and the boots and the drag link just melt away. But the are quiet.
Oh yeah ....many seals on warranty. And not. 1 pinion seal so far.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

I am old and I admit it. I grew up in the old Ford P 500 and P 800's. They were some of the worst death traps that we had.

I had wheels break off on the highway, rear ends lock up on the highway and the last P500 we crushed was even worse.

This car was horrible. For two years it was repeatedly written up for driving itself off of the road. You would drive down the road and at any speed it would pull itself 10-15 feet in either direction.

Please remember that my building gets all of the problem vehicles from other buildings.

I had an OJS with a supervisor from another center while driving this car. It only took about an hour to throw me off the road. I was told to pull over and took a horrible tail reaming for careless driving.

Later, the supervisor was driving for demonstration. Sure enough, we ended up off the road in a short time.

You would not believe the lecture that happened after he recovered. I was told that it is because of drivers like me that my center gets crap cars like this ( are they trying to kill us?)

This car ended up with a Saturday driver that rolled it on a straight stretch of highway. She was severely injured. This car was written up for the last three days as " unsafe to drive, take out of service". Mysteriously, the DVIR disappeared the first night of the accident.

No mystery at all for the book to disappear.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Melting drag link? Please elaborate.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Somebody associated with Ford also seems to not understand autolube wiring. Many have been crossed up to run continuous with the key off and pump all the grease onto the floor.

Melting drag link? Please elaborate.

The autolube grease makes the boots soften and fall off. I keep two in stock because every other oil change they are gone.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The autolube grease makes the boots soften and fall off. I keep two in stock because every other oil change they are gone.
Haven't seen this yet...Just the boot or the whole link replaced? Had all sorts of drag links get sloppy on Workhorse W42s.

Last edited:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Did they set that fixed with the valves dropping? We’ve had several engines replaced at around 60,000 miles. Some have been out of warranty but due to a recall they’ve been covered under warranty.
I'm not aware of any engineering fixes on that issue. There is also a bulletin about cam follower issues.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

Sounds like a simple kingpin issue on the old one.