New Ford PCs

MC0493

Are these new Fordsthe same Body and hood as the current Freightliner/Workhorse trucks?
Yes same design, body is by Morgan Olson. Only giveaway is a larger exhaust pipe on the left side in front of the rear axle instead of smaller behind the axle on the right.

wornoutupser

The kingpins, bearings, and more tires than you can count were all changed. Despite the trouble, even the automotive manager said to keep it on the road.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
*he wired the radio wrong burning pkg car . Gif*
proxy-gif.215572

AZUPSCHUCK

Love the new trucks. No beeping for lights on or no parking brake. Also has the color backup monitor and LED light on the rear door! They're fast and quiet.

Brisket

Love the new trucks. No beeping for lights on or no parking brake. Also has the color backup monitor and LED light on the rear door! They're fast and quiet.

They beep here for lights on and parking brake. Lol that rear LED light sure lights up a driveway though.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
They beep here for lights on and parking brake. Lol that rear LED light sure lights up a driveway though.
Just got rid of my new Ford 8 and got a brand new Freightliner 8. Two things....most of our Fords steering wheels aren’t centered on the driver seat nor is that centered on the instrument cluster.

Yes they are quiet and there’s no beeping for anything and yes they move like a bat out of hell.....but these things literally are disintegrating right from under you as you drive. Everyday I’d have a few bolts just appear from the truck....it was like some sort of hide and go seek game I got to look forward too.

The freighliners feel solid and other than the beeping I don’t miss my Ford 8 at all. Besides....who the hells idea were those damn fender flares!!!!

specter208

Just got rid of my new Ford 8 and got a brand new Freightliner 8. Two things....most of our Fords steering wheels aren’t centered on the driver seat nor is that centered on the instrument cluster.

Yes they are quiet and there’s no beeping for anything and yes they move like a bat out of hell.....but these things literally are disintegrating right from under you as you drive. Everyday I’d have a few bolts just appear from the truck....it was like some sort of hide and go seek game I got to look forward too.

The freighliners feel solid and other than the beeping I don’t miss my Ford 8 at all. Besides....who the hells idea were those damn fender flares!!!!
Did some research. The Ford F59 Chassis retails for 10-25% cheaper than other chassis makers.

MC0493

All our fords came with junk steer tires on the rear axle. Those things would break loose easy in the rain, never mind in snow.
Forgot about that, I said that to a bunch of people and they just looked at me like i had 5 heads. I tend to pick up on alot of little details and noticed the tread right away, and yes you're right they're totally useless. We haven't really had any issues with our Fords that everyone's been talking about, interesting.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
All our fords came with junk steer tires on the rear axle. Those things would break loose easy in the rain, never mind in snow.
I replace them as soon as there are wheels available with drive tires. Had to order my own wheels for the last bunch to get my order filled.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

I think the flares are there because of the track width on the Ford axle.