I am a "full time" driver waiting for Tues thu Sat routes to kick off in May. I used to be TCD. I currently work preload. I load a truck used for training drivers still in packet period. The current trainee is fresh out of integrad. Can I file a grievance against a trainee? Since he is making a higher wage than me with much less seniority.

oldngray

nowhere special
how about no.jpg

If you currently work preload then you're not a full time driver.
Correction, I'm classified as a "full time" driver. I may only drive once a week. Clever wording to save company money I'm sure. But yes you read that correctly as of April 15th all TCDS in the hub were converted to "full time." And thats "Drivers" not "preloaders" Look it up if you dont believe me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So, you're not a qualified driver? He started his training before you, so no. Beside filing a grievance now, almost insures you not qualifying.

TCD's are preloaders who are also qualified to drive.

Newbies on training routes are given preference over all other non bid drivers while they are qualifying. You cannot file a grievance and, if you try to, as chuck said, you may as well kiss your driving chances goodbye.

oldngray

nowhere special
So, you're not a qualified driver? He started his training before you, so no. Beside filing a grievance now, almost insures you not qualifying.

I don't know about him not qualifying but it would put a red target on his back.

Agreed that he isn't a full time seniority driver so his grievance would be worthless.

Plus trainees generally can't be grieved on when they are trying to qualify.

I figured i was qualified since ive passed integrad, driven over 60 days, and last drove on valentines day. Am I missing something in the fine print?