Turdferguson

Just a turd
You wear a tutu..
Tubby
It's a mumu, and I won't apologize if I like to be comfortable ,plus it looks fabulous.
ce-lo.jpg

Snack

So after going to college and getting a degree you should go straight to the top of pay In you chosen field immediately also?

That's different. New drivers are getting paid less to perform the same job as top-rate drivers. New college graduates typically land entry-level positions and are paid accordingly.

Over 70

Progression is a sham. You're either qualified and able to do the job or you're not. It would be one thing if there was a progression of let's say 6 bucks an hour over 4 years but 16 bucks an hour is just dumb.

Just another teamster concession.

JustDeliverIt

So after going to college and getting a degree you should go straight to the top of pay In you chosen field immediately also?

I'm not walking into the job fresh off that streets, as I said before. Putting 10+ years in is different and I know people who have put in more. At that point spending more than half of your time underpaid is ridiculous. Some of us choose to do it but it's not surprising more people are turning it down.

rod

Retired 22 years
It was 90 days for me---that was back when men were men and we got decent contracts. From reading some of the anti-union crap on here now you turds will be lucky if it only goes up to 5 or 6 years.

JackDR

That's different. New drivers are getting paid less to perform the same job as top-rate drivers. New college graduates typically land entry-level positions and are paid accordingly.
Actually, new drivers do the routes nobody else wants to do, because they suck, and they work harder/faster trying to prove themselves while making less $/hr than top-rate drivers running gravy/easy routes working 8-9 hour days making twice as much on a paycheck. If the job were exactly the same for top-rate and new hires, that’d actually be an improvement.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

If you go to school for ten years after highschool, you better have a job that pays $250k per year after that. 4 years undergrad, 4 years medical school, 2 years residency. 6 years of schooling (masters) in any engineering field you better be making over 100k off the bat. If you want to compare this job to trades, then you're looking at a 4 year apprenticeship before making journeyman, which pays anywhere from 60k to over 120k depending on the trade.

10 years is a long time to wait to become a driver just to wait 4 more years to make real money, if you even qualify. I had an 8 year limit, which I got really close to, and almost turned down driving because it was getting really close to not making financial sense.

As for the OP, you are in the progression of the contract under which you started progression. If your progression shortens due to a new contract, they better be paying the rest of us the difference for undergoing a longer progression.

El Correcto

god is dead
Honestly I couldn’t imagine doing this job for less than 20 an hour. That’s why I chose the TCD route and then signed a full time bid. That red circle really helps.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Wait so if the progression gets dropped to two years and I’m just about to hit that...I’m still stuck in the four year? That doesn’t make sense.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Wait so if the progression gets dropped to two years and I’m just about to hit that...I’m still stuck in the four year? That doesn’t make sense.

It makes sense, it just sucks, and isn't really fair. Ultimately it comes down to is how it is negotiated. If they reduce progression and anyone still in progression at the beginning of the new contract automatically changes to the new progression, then they top out after only two or three years, how is that fair to those of us who got screwed with a four year progression. If that happened, then I'd accept a $20k settlement for the under payment compared to every other driver who has ever worked for UPS, and I think UPS could afford it, I'm sure it wouldn't cost too many millions of dollars to settle with the drivers who went through 4 year progressions.

I say all this with the full understanding that a reduction in progression is highly unlikely, and if it did happen there will be no cash out for four-year progressors.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
If you go to school for ten years after highschool, you better have a job that pays $250k per year after that. 4 years undergrad, 4 years medical school, 2 years residency. 6 years of schooling (masters) in any engineering field you better be making over 100k off the bat
How much debt are you in after that 10 years of school? The point was that almost nowhere do you go to top rate of pay in your field from the beginning . Don't expect it from UPS either