New TEAMCARE deductibles

UPS Preloader

For all of us currently under UPS health plan we enjoy no deductibles on our health care. When we are switched over to TEAMCARE we will have deductibles of:

1st year= $50 individual, $100 family
2nd year= $100 individual, $200 family
3rd year= $150 individual, $300 family
4th year= $200 individual, $400 family

Now you know why I was screaming for the details of this TA. This is a no vote for me. Going from no deductibles to $400 in 4 years is a concession. A concession with UPS making 4.38 Billion is crap.

Yes, but it is FREE!

It's not free, it's hard earned.

brostalss

Thank those who voted for Obama for having to pay more for insurance. Welcome to Obamacare. If you voted for him, you have no right to moan and groan about it.

brostalss

That crazy guy. Before he came along, health insurance costs were dropping like a rock.

You got that right. The Affordable Health Care Act. If you can afford you are going to pay more so those who can't still get it for free.

The UPS offer is looking pretty sweet about now isn't it? I'll pay $40 a week for me and my wife for our Blue Cross.
The Teamsters got greedy in wanting to take over the health care. Blame is on them now.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You got that right. The Affordable Health Care Act. If you can afford you are going to pay more so those who can't still get it for free.

The UPS offer is looking pretty sweet about now isn't it? I'll pay $40 a week for me and my wife for our Blue Cross.
The Teamsters got greedy in wanting to take over the health care. Blame is on them now.

Interestingly, the rate in which health care costs have been rising has been cut in half since the preparations for ObamaCare began, and many are now agreeing/accepting the fact that ObamaCare is partially responsible.

Nonetheless, health care deductibles have nearly doubled over our past two contracts -- the highest rates occurring under a Republican Administration. You're naieve if you believe that sans ObamaCare, UPS would not have asked us to be contributing & paying more for our health insurance costs.

Contrary to popular BrownCafe belief, UPS is a for-profit company, not an employee charity organization.

BTW, I don't know why anybody's complaining about the new TEAMCARE insurance. The benefits are EXCELLENT -- nearly on-par with what we currently enjoy, sans a few changes. The additional costs are much less than what I had anticipated. For example, my "life saving" meds that I take cost about $10,000 annually -- I will continue to enjoy them at no-cost to me, whereas most insured people pay $2000-$3000 annually. But now I'll have to get them from CVS -- CVS is the dominate pharmacy in my area, but certainly not the most convenient to me.

opie

If YOU THINK YOU GOT IT BAD LOOK AT FREIGHTS TA !!! $135 PER WEEK FOR FAMILY WITH $1500 PER INDIVUAL DEDUCTIBLE !!!!

No it's $135 per MONTH for family for UPS Freight employees.

Employees covered by CSH&W shall be obligated to pay the following monthly amounts as a premium for the coverage:
Single------------------ $45.00
E/ee Plus-------------- $90.00
E/ee & Family------- $135.00

InsideUPS

BTW, I don't know why anybody's complaining about the new TEAMCARE insurance. The benefits are EXCELLENT -- nearly on-par with what we currently enjoy, sans a few changes. The additional costs are much less than what I had anticipated. For example, my "life saving" meds that I take cost about $10,000 annually -- I will continue to enjoy them at no-cost to me, whereas most insured people pay $2000-$3000 annually. But now I'll have to get them from CVS -- CVS is the dominate pharmacy in my area, but certainly not the most convenient to me.

Bagels....your Actuarial Science major is peeking through...

I believe there are several issues that concern some of us about TeamCare:

1) Deductibles - Never before in UPS history have we had deductibles.

2) Central States - Synonymous with fiscal irresponsibility

3) Healthcare Issue in General - Believed by some (including myself) to be a ruse.

4) Contract Wording - United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) and the Teamsters UPS National Negotiating Committee (Union) provide the following in order to detail the benefits available through Central States Health & Welfare plan. Nothing within this Memorandum of Understanding shall affect the Central States Health & Welfare Trustee’s right to modify benefit levels.

saintrick

In addition to the Deductibles this is a shortfall of the C6 compared to the UPS plan.

MAJOR MEDICAL BENEFITS
Eligible medical charges that are not
covered under Basic Benefits are
covered under Major Medical Benefits.
After Plan Deductible is met, 80% increasing to 100% after Major
Medical Out-of-Pocket Expense Limit is met. Maximum annual
Major Medical benefit is $250,000 per person.
Annual Major Medical Out-of-Pocket
Expense Limit $1,000 individual, $2,000 family in non-deductible covered charges

browned_out

I have been saying for those who voted for Obammy (short for Barry Obama) and listen to the wonderful leaders like Hoffy and Hall we were going to loss big time on health care. Why do you think Hoffy and Hall keep you in the dark they knew UPS was going to say funny time we are not going to give insurance to anyone at time no more. They know this Obama care allowed them to do this. Hoffy knows he could not come back tell you this because you would get very pissy. So in comes My teamcare are what ever they are calling it. God people get a grip on what is going on around. Hoffy and the big leaders last year when finding out more about the health care law stated they may have made a mistake with help getting the bill past in the first place. GO and look it up. The veey same people who wrote the bill stated last week it is going to be a train wreck. So it is a wreck that we the American People helped make.

Then you have people like The Other Side who have been coming here and saying how great the health bill is and how great the teamsters are at getting what they want from UPS. Well now The other Side post saying vote no. The Other side do you even think the reason for our down grading of health care is due to the reason of Obama care, no you will never make the ends meet. I did not see any protects about what could hapen if the cost go up any more in the next 4 yrs and if so could the teamsters then say you will have (in the words of the geat one Obama) pay your fair share. That is coming in the near future part timers will be left with a choice pay union dues or health care. What do you think they are going to do. Obama Care it is wonderful more to come in the following years.

Read the TA, pension contributions can be diverted to cover these costs. Another great bargaining from our leaders Hoffa/Hall.

balland chain

For all of us currently under UPS health plan we enjoy no deductibles on our health care. When we are switched over to TEAMCARE we will have deductibles of:

1st year= $50 individual, $100 family
2nd year= $100 individual, $200 family
3rd year= $150 individual, $300 family
4th year= $200 individual, $400 family

Now you know why I was screaming for the details of this TA. This is a no vote for me. Going from no deductibles to $400 in 4 years is a concession. A concession with UPS making 4.38 Billion is crap.
Hell, us in the current central states plan already have a 200 deductible for a single person.. Going to the hospital each time 200.00, X-rays 100 deductible .. I cant wait to see how much our ******ty plan is going to go up.. friend Central states and hall

Inthegame

Hell, us in the current central states plan already have a 200 deductible for a single person.. Going to the hospital each time 200.00, X-rays 100 deductible .. I cant wait to see how much our ******ty plan is going to go up.. friend Central states and hall
Enhanced C-6 plan, Hospital admission fee... NONE
X-rays... 100% inpatient, outpatient through Quest or US imaging...100%
Do you comprehend what you read? Or are you so full of TDU hatred that anything offered is horrible?
Thank you hall

pretender

Interestingly, the rate in which health care costs have been rising has been cut in half since the preparations for ObamaCare began, and many are now agreeing/accepting the fact that ObamaCare is partially responsible.

Nonetheless, health care deductibles have nearly doubled over our past two contracts -- the highest rates occurring under a Republican Administration. You're naieve if you believe that sans ObamaCare, UPS would not have asked us to be contributing & paying more for our health insurance costs.

Contrary to popular BrownCafe belief, UPS is a for-profit company, not an employee charity organization.

I hope you are right, but everything I have read so far seem to indicate there are copays for prescriptions under the current CS plan. So, unless that is enhanced as well, we will also be paying $2000 to $3000 for meds.

Inthegame

I hope you are right, but everything I have read so far seem to indicate there are copays for prescriptions under the current CS plan. So, unless that is enhanced as well, we will also be paying $2000 to $3000 for meds.
If you choose a retail pharmacy, CVS, you'll max at 10% or $50 per prescription. If you use mail order, the coverage is 100%. Hint: use mail order and maybe you'll add a stop for a brown shirt.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I am currentley in UPS plan. I have read the comparaison sheet. Based on what the sheet states the benefits have not changed .From what I understand it will be BC/BS in lieu of Aetna,Carmark instead of express script for mail order prescritions ,100% paid for generic,and Quest and US Imaging @ 100% for diagnostic. Pretty good for working a part time job. My full time job offers a plan @ $790.00 a month premium paid by me for family coverage with a $3,000.00 deductable. Look around .See what is out there. You will be hard pressed to find a better deal. hall did well.

hyena

The c6 plan sucks compared to my current Aetna plan. I'm letting all my fellow employees know this BS. I'll vote no!

skunk

Interestingly, the rate in which health care costs have been rising has been cut in half since the preparations for ObamaCare began, and many are now agreeing/accepting the fact that ObamaCare is partially responsible. Nonetheless, health care deductibles have nearly doubled over our past two contracts -- the highest rates occurring under a Republican Administration. You're naieve if you believe that sans ObamaCare, UPS would not have asked us to be contributing & paying more for our health insurance costs. Contrary to popular BrownCafe belief, UPS is a for-profit company, not an employee charity organization. BTW, I don't know why anybody's complaining about the new TEAMCARE insurance. The benefits are EXCELLENT -- nearly on-par with what we currently enjoy, sans a few changes. The additional costs are much less than what I had anticipated. For example, my "life saving" meds that I take cost about $10,000 annually -- I will continue to enjoy them at no-cost to me, whereas most insured people pay $2000-$3000 annually. But now I'll have to get them from CVS -- CVS is the dominate pharmacy in my area, but certainly not the most convenient to me.
y

I have Teamcare. I get my Nexium at CVS 90 some odd dollars for a three month supply.