Union lied about healthcare costs

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Right. And you seem to respond. So what does that....make you? Not quite as smart....as you would like to think that you are.

And yet... you respond back.

Kind of interesting that a big time "elected official" would have time....to hang out on Brown Cafe. Lol.

Lol.... all you want.

When have you ever offered positive contractual information, to any discussion ?

Liking this whole "smart phone" technology thing.

:biggrin:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
$0 deductible times 4 equals $0. $200 deductible times 1 equals $200. For....wait for it....a grand total of $200 for the prior 5 year CBA.

$200 times 5 equals $1000 which equates to an 80% and $800 increase over the last CBA.

My choice is to strive to work as long as my co-workers in the Great Lake State. UPS honors company’s ‘Safest Driver Ever’ in Livonia & Veteran driver hangs up keys

The deductible most likely will change next CBA. Up, up and way up. Greed is good if you are a Hoffa/Taylor loyal Teamster leader, a TeamCare Executive, or a UPS shareholder with a boatload of shares (not talking about 1000, 10,000, or even 100,000 shares)
More like a 500% increase.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
$1000 for a 5 year total deductible compared to $200 for a 5 year total deductible is an 80% increase over the previous 5 year deductible. There is no logic...Only concrete math. You are not gonna beat that at many jobs is correct.

Anyone who has work ethic and no felonies can get any Teamster UPS job. We earn every penny and benefit.

The increased cost of the health care deductible actually eats up over 60 weeks of the average part timers .70 wage increase.

Any argument that we are fortunate to get what we get does not hold water.
You can have felonies on your record and still get hired into ups.

What'dyabringmetoday???

And yet... you respond back.

Lol.... all you want.

When have you ever offered positive contractual information, to any discussion ?

Liking this whole "smart phone" technology thing.

And yet....you respond also. This is fun. Lol. And feel free to babble about the contract. The company has been given a free pass to do as they choose for years now. I guess you can get on your soap box about the richest contract ever though. Not really sure why advice would need to be given about a document that is black and white. Oh yeah- the company is allowed to not follow it. Now go polish up your UPS service awards that you are so proud of.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And yet....you respond also. This is fun. Lol. And feel free to babble about the contract.

Don't worry.... before you you know it, you'll vote for me.

The company has been given a free pass to do as they choose for years now.

Only by the members, that don't get involved.

I guess you can get on your soap box about the richest contract ever though.

Comparatively speaking.... it is.

Not really sure why advice would need to be given about a document that is black and white. Oh yeah- the company is allowed to not follow it.

It's black and white.

That's funny.

If it was, the contract would be as thick as the yellow pages.

My guess of what has traumatized you, was you lost a grievance ?

Don't worry, a few more sessions with Dr. Bug.... will solve all your issues.

Now go polish up your UPS service awards that you are so proud of.

I knew you paid attention. ;)

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

Don't worry.... before you you know it, you'll vote for me.

Only by the members, that don't get involved.

Comparatively speaking.... it is.

It's black and white.

That's funny.

If it was, the contract would be as thick as the yellow pages.

My guess of what has traumatized you, was you lost a grievance ?

Don't worry, a few more sessions with Dr. Bug.... will solve all your issues.

I knew you paid attention. ;)

-Bug-
Does your arm ache from....patting yourself on the back so much? No trauma here. Sorry that not everyone shares your narrow view of things. Go ahead and say whatever you wish about the members. UPS is free to do as they choose. Doesn't look good for "elected officials" but is the fact of the matter. Dr. Bug. Lol.

browned out

Not in a million years could brown pout fill Greg L's shoes. I mean, he'd actually have to think clearly.

The Local 243 Leaders past and present are a joke. Lets put 40% of their income in jeopardy.

They knew what they were doing when they stuck it the RPCDs by not allowing RPCDs to bump on to Sat or Sun if they were laid off on M or T. And they mislead the members about the 500% increase in health care deductibles.

It goes beyond gross negligence. It was deliberate. It is inexcusable. It was/is collusion with UPS and a betrayal of the members.

243 did not even attempt to negotiate a clause that allowed laid off M and T RPCDs the right to bump on to Sat or Sun. While every single 22.4 is guaranteed 5 consecutive days at 8 hours.

If low seniority RPCDs had a choice of not making their house payment and losing 40% of their income...or working some Saturdays and Sundays. Most would choose to work the weekend if necessary. They should at least have that absolute right. Instead; every RPCD is guaranteed the right to work W Th friend. And the company's rights allow the RPCDs to have 4 day weekends whether the RPCD wants M and T off or not. GREAT

NO ATTEMPT was made to insert an obvious protection of RPCD hours and rights.

243 acts like they really won 2 out of 3 of our remaining issues. BS
Time paid for acquiring an airport badge and allowing M or T off by seniority is not a win. It is garbage. We would gladly trade those 2 NOTHING rights for a 40 hour guarantee for all RPCDs.

If 243 fulfilled their duty of fair representation during contract negotiations; they would have at least attempted to negotiate all RPCDS' rights to get 40 hours by bumping on to a Saturday or Sunday if that RPCD wanted to.

No one wants their weekends off protected if it means being laid off on Monday and Tuesday.

This issue was properly addressed in the NORCAL supplement where RPCDs are absolutely guaranteed 40 hours.

243 is no better than the criminals at the UAW. They just haven't been caught…..YET

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The Local 243 Leaders past and present are a joke. Lets put 40% of their income in jeopardy.

They knew what they were doing when they stuck it the RPCDs by not allowing RPCDs to bump on to Sat or Sun if they were laid off on M or T. And they mislead the members about the 400% increase in health care deductibles.

It goes beyond gross negligence. It was deliberate. It is inexcusable. It was/is collusion with UPS and a betrayal of the members.

243 did not even attempt to negotiate a clause that allowed laid off M and T RPCDs the right to bump on to Sat or Sun. While every single 22.4 is guaranteed 5 consecutive days at 8 hours.

If low seniority RPCDs had a choice of not making their house payment and losing 40% of their income...or working some Saturdays and Sundays. Most would choose to work the weekend if necessary. They should atleast have that absolute right.

NO ATTEMPT was made to insert an obvious protection of RPCD hours and rights.

243 acts like they really won 2 out of 3 of our remaining issues. BS
Time paid for acquiring an airport badge and allowing M or T off by seniority is not a win. It is garbage.

If 243 fulfilled their duty of fair representation during contract negotiations; they would have at least attempted to negotiate all RPCDS' rights to get 40 hours by bumping on to a Saturday or Sunday if that RPCD wanted to.

No one wants their weekends off protected if it means being laid off on Monday and Tuesday.

This issue was properly addressed in the NORCAL supplement where RPCDs are absolutely guaranteed 40 hours.

243 is no better than the criminals at the UAW. They just haven't been caught…..YET

You have yet to prove, if you even work for UPS and are a Teamster.

Sounds like typical TDU Bull :censored2:.

What's happening with all your NLRB charges ?

You bragged that you filed them against Local 243 and the IBT.

What are the case numbers ?

-Bug-

browned out

You have yet to prove, if you even work for UPS and are a Teamster.

Sounds like typical TDU Bull :censored2:.

What's happening with all your NLRB charges ?

You bragged that you filed them against Local 243 and the IBT.

What are the case numbers ?

-Bug-

I do have hundreds of pages of the local negotiations obtained in the NLRB case. Ensuring RPCDs' have the same right to 40 hours per week, the same 40 hour guarantee that 22.4s receive is no where to be found. Gross Negligence, maybe....Purposeful betrayal of RPCDs..absolutely.
243 Negotiations.jpg

What'dyabringmetoday???

I do have hundreds of pages of the local negotiations obtained in the NLRB case. Ensuring RPCDs' have the same right to 40 hours per week, the same 40 hour guarantee that 22.4s receive is no where to be found. Gross Negligence, maybe....Purposeful betrayal of RPCDs..absolutely.
View attachment 260799
It's funny that you get questioned about whether or not you're a Teamster yet where is his proof that he is one?

browned out

It's funny that you get questioned about whether or not you're a Teamster yet where is his proof that he is one?

BUG is almost assuredly a Teamster. The red vested slap dick, self serving, company colluding type like Coli, Hoffa Jr, Aloise, Betty Rose friend, etc.

A Teamster in title only. Not an actual TEAMster who represented the members who paid his/her salary which was most likely double what the average UPSer makes.

I hope I am wrong.

But BUG's refusal to acknowledge the obvious failure of many of the Teamster Supplemental negotiating committees to include an RPCD right to bump onto a Saturday and/or Sunday in order to achieve a 40 hour guarantee is very telling.

We have read hundreds of pages of the 243 rider negotiations. I am sure the vast majority of the other supplement Red Vested jokers negotiated with the same tact.

An utter failure to fulfill their duty of fair representation during contract negotiations.

It is (and) goes above and beyond gross negligence or arbitrary actions.

It continues to be a symbiotic relationship where UPS and the Teamsters Red Vests (and possibly a few non red vested reps) feed off of every UPS teamster.

Hopefully, these malefactors have left a shred of evidence somewhere.

They think they can't be caught. Dirty pieces of garbage union reps can be held accountable. It comes around. Look no further than Coli, Aloise and Former UAW official becomes 9th person charged in corruption probe

If these POS get slapped on the wrist enough; it will start achieve the desired effect of honest representation..... their refusal to change their behavior will result in correction or we will Vote these disgraceful friend's out.

Last edited:

SoCalUPS

OP makes sense. Those saying "Well at least we get better than others" is stupid logic. The whole point of negotiations and ratification of a contract is for the members to decide. But if you are ok with your Union officials in collusion with management, don't complain when you are impacted. See here's the thing. A lot of you are not really Union Brothers or Sisters. You only care about yourself. If it doesn't impact you, who cares right? But one day you will be the one holding the short end of the stick and no one will be around to fight for you. This is the reason why Unions are dying. Too many selfish members

browned out

I find it very disturbing that most if not all well known fcurrent and former union leaders fall silent when an opportunity arises that would allow them to address the obvious shortcomings and utter failures of the 2018 2023 Teamster leaders in regards to misinformation regarding a 500% increase in health care deductibles and the utter failure of guaranteed 40 hours for ALL RPCDs.

If I had a bad day as a loader, sorter, pick off, unloaded, preloader or hazmat responder, I would admit it and accept responsibility

The Hoffa, Hall, Taylor, etc. Cronies are cowards

Man and Woman up. You Fd up royally. It happens. Be forthright and admit your refusal to negotiate in the best interests of all UPSers.