Union lied about healthcare costs

browned out

I am in the Central States Teamcare Plan.

During the last contract negotiations the Hoffa/Taylor cronies were dishonest with the members. We were told there would be no increase in the amount we pay for healthcare.

That was a flat out lie. I received my Teamcare Summary Plan for 2020. It states a $200 family deductible. I already paid $200 for 2019.

The entire cost for my deductible for the 2013 to 2018 contract was $200 total. That's it.
For the 2018 to 2023 contract my deductible cost is on pace to be $1000. (already paid $400) That extra $800 negates over 26 weeks of my .70 raise.

For Part Timers, it is even worse. The extra $800 in deductibles essentially negates 1 year of .70 raises.

$400>$200. $1000>$200. Hoffa/Taylor=Lying pieces of garbage.

Last edited:

upschuck

I believe you are talking apples and oranges, deductible is $100, and the maximum out of pocket is $1000, if I remember right. Two different things. This is per individual, family rates are double that.

Same as it was last year.

browned out

I believe you are talking apples and oranges, deductible is $100, and the maximum out of pocket is $1000, if I remember right. Two different things. This is per individual, family rates are double that.

Same as it was last year.

Same as it was last year is correct. But for the entire previous contract period, my family deductible was $200 Total.

I have already paid $400 in deductibles only 2 years into this CBA.

So, yes there is an increase in health care costs.

upschuck

Same as it was last year is correct. But for the entire previous contract period, my family deductible was $200 Total.

I have already paid $400 in deductibles the 1st two years of this CBA.

So, yes there is an increase in health care costs.
Not year over year it hadn't.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

During the last contract negotiations the Hoffa/Taylor cronies were dishonest with the members. We were told there would be no increase in the amount we pay for healthcare.

That was a flat out lie. I received my Teamcare Summary Plan for 2020. It states a $200 family deductible. I already paid $200 for 2019.

The entire cost for my deductible for the 2013 to 2018 contract was $200 total. That's it.
For the 2018 to 2023 contract my deductible cost is on pace to be $1000. (already paid $400) That extra $800 negates over 26 weeks of my .70 raise.

For Part Timers, it is even worse. The extra $800 in deductibles essentially negates 1 year of .70 raises.

Are you saying that you thought you would only have to pay an annual deductible on the last year of this contract, like we did during the last?

....as if "Pandora's Box" would somehow be closed, only to be reopened 4 years later???

I see what you're trying to do, but seriously, you missed your mark in this thread.

After all, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube...
animation-3-2.gif

Indecisi0n

Are you saying that you thought you would only have to pay an annual deductible on the last year of this contract, like we did during the last?

....as if "Pandora's Box" would somehow be closed, only to be reopened 4 years later???

I see what you're trying to do, but seriously, you missed your mark in this thread.

animation-3-2.gif
Is their house on fire in that video?

browned out

animation-3-2.gif

Obviously, I know it would not go back to a $200 deductible for only the last year of the CBA.

The same as we all knew the 1 year, 2 year and 3 year progressions would never be reduced. Now it is a 4 year progression.

The problem is that the Teamsters were not forthright with the members. I will be appealing my $200 deductible to TeamCare. Pissing into the wind for sure.

Keeping the same great plan with no increased costs to us? $1000 instead of $200 is an increased cost. The cost for my family deductible for the 1st 4 years of the last CBA was $0.

It negates a years worth of the .70 raise for the average part-timer.

TeamCare and UPS are struggling to get by. Except they are not.

Just quit lying to us Hoffa/Taylor/Teamcare/UPS. Never gonna happen.

HealthCareLie1.jpg
HealthCareLie2.jpg
HealthCareLie3.jpg

Last edited:

Observer

The purpose of someone burning candles in the bathroom is "farts are deadly". Also I couldn't find the part where they stated if the employee dies, the spouse, etc. get coverage for 5 straight years. Is that still allowed?

browned out

The purpose of someone burning candles in the bathroom is "farts are deadly". Also I couldn't find the part where they stated if the employee dies, the spouse, etc. get coverage for 5 straight years. Is that still allowed?

Yes, the 5 year coverage is still included with the requirement that " If, during the two years prior to your death, you and your covered dependents used in network TeamCare providers exclusively for all your non emergency medical care..."

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I hate to be that guy...... but, still the best benefit package in the business. There’s people doing the same job as us making half us much with crappier insurance.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Obviously, I know it would not go back to a $200 deductible for only the last year of the CBA.

The same as we all knew the 1 year, 2 year and 3 year progressions would never be reduced. Now it is a 4 year progression.

The problem is that the Teamsters were not forthright with the members. I will be appealing my $200 deductible to TeamCare. Pissing into the wind for sure.

Keeping the same great plan with no increased costs to us? $1000 instead of $200 is an increased cost. The cost for my family deductible for the 1st 4 years of the last CBA was $0.

It negates a years worth of the .70 raise for the average part-timer.

TeamCare and UPS are struggling to get by. Except they are not.

Just quit lying to us Hoffa/Taylor/Teamcare/UPS. Never gonna happen.

View attachment 259406 View attachment 259407 View attachment 259408

Please tell us about the status of all your NLRB charges.

MattM

I'm not in teamcare but another one. Every year it seems like we receive 2-3 revisions to our benefits. A year or two back deductibles started, and then went away what felt like halfway through the calendar year. Not once did we get to revote. It is what it is. I'm holding these health care contracts to 6-9 month intervals

So unlike the larger union work contract, there appears to be major leeway for yearly or bi yearly healthcare changes v

You do understand the word ANNUAL? That means every year. Just like we get an ANNUAL RAISE. If you don't want to pay the $200 ANNUAL deductible for a FAMILY, don't use the insurance. That way it won't cost you any $$$.