Union lied about healthcare costs

browned out

No increased costs to us is what the driver says on the union dishonest propaganda postcard.

$1000 in deductibles is a $800 ncrease in costs compared to the last cba for upsers.

There is no justification for implementing an $800 increase in costs to members ...and then lying about it.

If Teamcare or UPS was struggling, the dramatic cost increase could possibly be justified.

But this is pure greed and dishonesty by Hoffa/Taylor and the rest of the red vest slapdick cronies.

Heavy Package

There is noone on this planet doing the same job as a full-time UPS driver. Not FedEx, not the post office, not Amazon, not Uber, zilch.

You are completely right. Spoke with the FedEx home delivery driver on my route this week - She had 46 stops when UPS goes out w 180+. FedEx Express driver? She had 51 stops of envelopes and boxes less than 20lbs in a van with AC. FedEx ground drives this monster "bread box" truck with 140 stops that covers the same area as 3 UPS drivers in my loop.

Our Teamcare deductible has gone up 400% from the 2013-2018 Contract. $100 ded. for individual to now $500. And $200 up to $1000 now for families. That takes a nice chunk of a 4 year part timer's who only works 17 hours per week wage increases away.

Way To Go Hoffa Slapdicks.

Meanwhile our Short Term Disability remains at $500 max???

And On the job Injuries continue to be on the rise. As do disability claims. Many employees are too scared of UPS retaliation to state their injury occured on the job and just take the no retribution disability claim.

IF IT HAPPENED ON THE JOB, REPORT IT AS SUCH.

Who cares what our freinds who don't work for UPS pay for benefits. It is irrelevant. The comp and disability injury percentages at UPS dwarf almost all other companies.

That didn't make sense. Lol

No increased costs to us is what the driver says on the union dishonest propaganda postcard.

$1000 in deductibles is a $800 ncrease in costs compared to the last cba for upsers.

There is no justification for implementing an $800 increase in costs to members ...and then lying about it.

If Teamcare or UPS was struggling, the dramatic cost increase could possibly be justified.

But this is pure greed and dishonesty by Hoffa/Taylor and the rest of the red vest slapdick cronies.

Sorry Brown Out, I didn't realize you have been beating this drum for some time now.

browned out

Sorry Brown Out, I didn't realize you have been beating this drum for some time now.

Yeah. i received my TeamCare Summary Plan Description in the mail the other day and it was time for a reboot.

If it would have shown a $0 deductible. I would be singing a different tune. But it is another $200. They lied to us pure and simple.

Hoffa/Taylor/Teamcare has literally stolen $800 from every UPS teamster in the Central States.

I work my arse off for $800 and they just lie about no increased cost and steal my $800.

upschuck

Yeah. i received my TeamCare Summary Plan Description in the mail the other day and it was time for a reboot.

If it would have shown a $0 deductible. I would be singing a different tune. But it is another $200. They lied to us pure and simple.

Hoffa/Taylor/Teamcare has literally stolen $800 from every UPS teamster in the Central States.

I work my arse off for $800 and they just lie about no increased cost and steal my $800.
When was this "lie" told? In the last year of the contract, correct? What was the deductible, then? What is it now? If those two equal, then it was not a lie. Same HC as when that was said.

browned out

When was this "lie" told? In the last year of the contract, correct? What was the deductible, then? What is it now? If those two equal, then it was not a lie. Same HC as when that was said.

That's incorrect.

We were voting on a 5 year agreement.

It is an $800 increase. Uncalled for and unjustifiable.

browned out

That reasoning would be equivalent to the Hoffa/Taylor/redvest slap dicks stating our wage increases would be the same as the prior cba.....and then only giving us one $1 raise for the 1st year with no raises for the last 4 years of the contract.

upschuck

That reasoning would be equivalent to the Hoffa/Taylor/redvest slap dicks stating our wage increases would be the same as the prior cba.....and then only giving us one $1 raise for the 1st year with no raises for the last 4 years of the contract.
Then it wouldn't be the same this year, like the HC is.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That reasoning would be equivalent to the Hoffa/Taylor/redvest slap dicks

38ahw7.jpg

Brisket

I am in the Central States Teamcare Plan.

During the last contract negotiations the Hoffa/Taylor cronies were dishonest with the members. We were told there would be no increase in the amount we pay for healthcare.

That was a flat out lie. I received my Teamcare Summary Plan for 2020. It states a $200 family deductible. I already paid $200 for 2019.

The entire cost for my deductible for the 2013 to 2018 contract was $200 total. That's it.
For the 2018 to 2023 contract my deductible cost is on pace to be $1000. (already paid $400) That extra $800 negates over 26 weeks of my .70 raise.

For Part Timers, it is even worse. The extra $800 in deductibles essentially negates 1 year of .70 raises.

$400>$200. $1000>$200. Hoffa/Taylor=Lying pieces of garbage.

If you are talking about this booklet, yeah I just got it also, but it’s the book for THIS year for some reason, check the date.

I haven’t heard anything about 2020 yet, guess I better start reading...

AA89CB50-FF99-4DA8-935B-F9C012834237.jpeg

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Obviously, I know it would not go back to a $200 deductible for only the last year of the CBA.

The same as we all knew the 1 year, 2 year and 3 year progressions would never be reduced. Now it is a 4 year progression.

The problem is that the Teamsters were not forthright with the members. I will be appealing my $200 deductible to TeamCare. Pissing into the wind for sure.

Keeping the same great plan with no increased costs to us? $1000 instead of $200 is an increased cost. The cost for my family deductible for the 1st 4 years of the last CBA was $0.

It negates a years worth of the .70 raise for the average part-timer.

TeamCare and UPS are struggling to get by. Except they are not.

Just quit lying to us Hoffa/Taylor/Teamcare/UPS. Never gonna happen.

View attachment 259406 View attachment 259407 View attachment 259408
Who let the fat feeder driver get in the last picture