New Video 9.5 committee, 8 hr. guarantee, unreported accidents

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why after all these years are we still fighting 9.5’s. Being violated 5 times then you get a meeting is Bulls.Heet
The teamsters need to make a stand and get this under control
Signing a sheet twice is a year is dumb as hell Put it in writing once and be on the 9.5 list until you take yourself off of it

Teamsters and company treat it like it some kind of game

RoswellHub

Why after all these years are we still fighting 9.5’s. Being violated 5 times then you get a meeting is Bulls.Heet
Signing a sheet twice is a year is dumb as hell Put it in writing once and be on the 9.5 list until you take yourself off of it

I agree!

What'dyabringmetoday???

Because the union allows UPS to do as it pleases.

Overpaid Union Thug

One issue concerning 9.5s that is rarely addressed here is how to fight being worked over 9.5 one or two days. We don’t have to wait until the third day to file. Not in the Southern supplement anyway. The contract says we are not supposed to be worked over 9.5 the two other days. The language is not meant to allow for that. There is no monetary penalty for the first two days but we at least get a paper trail started by filing. I have done this a few times in the past and it worked. It might be risky for people who actually like a little overtime. That depends on how vindictive your management team is. They may knock you down closer to eight hours each day. But some people want that so maybe it’s worth a shot.

barnyard

KTM rider
There is no monetary penalty for the first two days but we at least get a paper trail started by filing. I have done this a few times in the past and it worked.
I did the same. I filed right after the panel decision regarding someone that had been given heavy days every Friday. The rest of that year, I was under 9.5 on Fridays.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One issue concerning 9.5s that is rarely addressed here is how to fight being worked over 9.5 one or two days. We don’t have to wait until the third day to file. Not in the Southern supplement anyway. The contract says we are not supposed to be worked over 9.5 the two other days. The language is not meant to allow for that. There is no monetary penalty for the first two days but we at least get a paper trail started by filing. I have done this a few times in the past and it worked. It might be risky for people who actually like a little overtime. That depends on how vindictive your management team is. They may knock you down closer to eight hours each day. But some people want that so maybe it’s worth a shot.
I’ll tell you how great our BA is.

He interprets this language to mean they won’t pile on work for the remaining 2 days if you’ve already been violated 3 times.

Real genius.

Overpaid Union Thug

I’ll tell you how great our BA is.

He interprets this language to mean they won’t pile on work for the remaining 2 days if you’ve already been violated 3 times.

Real genius.
Screw that. Our language (Southern) specifically says otherwise. But our BA is just as bad. He refuses to process certain grievances because he doesn’t like or agree with certain language. But, if our recent convention delegates election is an indicator, I think there’s a good chance he’ll be replaced in the next election cycle so that’s good.

What'dyabringmetoday???

It's not a babysitting service.

Pay attention to @RoswellHub videos.

Get involved.
Sure thing chief. Just because I don't blow smoke up your keester doesn't mean I'm not involved. Maybe things are really amazing in your neck of the woods. Not so much here. Of course- if you are like most of the "elected officials" around these parts, you will obviously praise the union. With all the money and perks given out why not?