BurntSienna

What is the proper way to sheet a package when you encounter an aggressive dog not on a leash? Had one yesterday and I sheeted it Not In 1. Is that correct?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What is the proper way to sheet a package when you encounter an aggressive dog not on a leash? Had one yesterday and I sheeted it Not In 1. Is that correct?
If you don't want a send-again or a dog attack, DR FD - punt, or if you have a driver helper, this method.

Attachments

• goal.png
    goal.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 393

Box Ox

Yep. NI1 and something about dogs in remark. If the dog is particularly vicious I'll put something like "Angry dog" in remarks AND on the service cross on the box under the NI1 so the dog owner/customer can see it when they finally get the package.

Customers need to know that whatever they think of their dog, I'm not gonna take a chance.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I was given a section last month that's not normal to me and was greeted by a pit bull in the driveway.
Honked the horn and walked a bit with the package and 2 cookies but the dog seemed very aggressive.
Returned to the truck, leaned on the horn and just as I walked to the mailbox to tag their mailbox with a NI1 DOG!, she comes out.
She says "Oh, the regular guy just leaves it at the mailbox".

That info would have saved me more time than a "Beware Of Dog" message in the diad.

The Driver

I drive.
I blow the horn aggressively for about 15 seconds. If nobody comes to get the package I service cross it NR1 and write DOG IN YARD on it. I sheet it up NR1 and put in DOG IN YARD in Remarks column. Next stop.

barnyard

KTM rider
I EC it put 'mean dog' in the service cross and give it to the clerk or a supervisor. Most of the times it will be ACd to a work address or the customer will come pick it up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I blow the horn aggressively for about 15 seconds. If nobody comes to get the package I service cross it NR1 and write DOG IN YARD on it. I sheet it up NR1 and put in DOG IN YARD in Remarks column. Next stop.

NR is for call tags only. NI is the proper exception code.

I EC it put 'mean dog' in the service cross and give it to the clerk or a supervisor. Most of the times it will be ACd to a work address or the customer will come pick it up.

EC is only to be used for weather related or other emergencies, not for mean dogs. NI is the proper exception code for mean dogs.

Indecisi0n

I was given a section last month that's not normal to me and was greeted by a pit bull in the driveway.
Honked the horn and walked a bit with the package and 2 cookies but the dog seemed very aggressive.
Returned to the truck, leaned on the horn and just as I walked to the mailbox to tag their mailbox with a NI1 DOG!, she comes out.
She says "Oh, the regular guy just leaves it at the mailbox".

That info would have saved me more time than a "Beware Of Dog" message in the diad.
He's friendly.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I just ran over the package coming home from work after dark. Didn't even see it. You're getting a warning that you can't DR in a driveway tomorrow.
Lol been doing it over a decade. Had complaints but never got in trouble.

Usually I try to get it in the yard or somewhere out of the direct drive path.

WorknLateHuh

the other day I had a customer tell me, "It should be ok, He usually doesn't bite."

I just stared at her thinking, "are you :censored2: 'ing kidding me? did you really just say that?"