NLRB Violations Local 174

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by browned out, Feb 28, 2019.

1. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Be sure to include all the information, including the letter sent out prior to the vote.

2. Hofficer Hater

Hofficer Hater Active Member

Much respect that you filed charges against that bully Rick H. He got played by Hoffa when he thought he was gonna Rome A's VP spot.

3. Mooseknuckle

Mooseknuckle Active Member

Anyone here ever actually filed with the NLRB? On the company or the Union? I would just like to hear about the process and results. I've heard of people filing and nothing ever really happening.

4. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

@browned out.... didn't file charges against Rick H in Local 174.

He's in Local 243.

Try and keep up.

5. BigUnionGuy

If that's not photoshopped.... the NLRB needs a Union printer.

6. browned out

browned out Well-Known Member

Thanks.

If anyone has ideas on how we can win this NLRB case; let me know.

If you have any video, audio, or mailed threats, perceived threats, or coercion by the Teamsters regarding voting yes or face a work stoppage; please post them.

If you have any ideas on how the Teamsters Union Failed to Fulfill Their Duty of Fair Representation During Contract Negotiations; please post them.

I do not want to miss anything.

7. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

We?
    What happened to your confidence? Where's all your verifiable evidence? What about your fool proof facts you've been touting for months?
    If you really need to bolster whatever charges you've dreamed up by soliciting help from internet wannabe lawyers, you've already lost.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

Oh brother....yet another transfer....big shocker!!!

9. BigUnionGuy

I guess he found out what a real attorney cost's.... and didn't want to pay the bill ?

10. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Don’t be a hater.

11. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

Dude.... you must be one of the top transfer people in this company.... not being a hater... just think it’s funny that you have worked at every building in Washington...

12. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Don’t forget the other 3 states.

13. browned out

C'mon;

I will never solicit any money from the members.

I will ask members for info I may have omitted or had not seen.

I would rather have reviewed similar evidence 100X and found just 1 new irrefutable piece of evidence to add to the record.

I am not playing games.

Loser local clowns will be voted out. Pieces of garbage colluding paper union officials are a cancer.

Why would 243 recommend a no vote on a supplement the second time around? While not recommending a no vote on the Master or the Central or the 243 Rider the 1st time?

I could explain it to you; I choose not to. You are not here in 243. You have no clue of what is transpiring here.

Sit on the sideline pops; Watch and learn.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  14. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I’m a little confused. What exactly did local 174 do to violate you? They have an opinion just like you do. They laid out what others did that they disagreed with. Then they refuted item by item with their own view. 174 and many other locals members are eagerly waiting for the implementation of the contract so they can retire.

15. BigUnionGuy

So, your evidence of collusion is they recommended a yes vote the first time

and a no vote the second time.... thus, they are in cahoots with the company

and the only reason the Local filed charges was to save themselves from you.

Gotcha.

So, you're going to cause your Local to incur $ thousands in cost of attorneys

fee's on a case you can't win ? You're going to be popular.

I'll be waiting with bated breath.... a master is at work.

:biggrin:

16. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Member

That is funny!

17. browned out

BUG, call 243, You are the expert. Don’t be a big useless guy. The intent of the language in the master Was to protect drivers from working unwanted excessive overtime and keep drivers from working Saturdays and Sundays if they did not want to work those days. The company and the IBT both agree on this.

Clarifying our language so that is more in line with the north California agreement does not interfere with the intent of the master. Drivers who do not want to work Saturdays and Sundays still would have the right to not work those days.

Cmon. Don’t Be a Big Useless Guy

I am pretty sure that you agree that a driver who is laid off on a Monday or Tuesday because of work being shifted to 22 fours should be able to work Saturday or Sunday.

18. Maplewood

Maplewood Active Member

Im in 174 and we didnt get any threats at my barn? What barn had threats?

19. browned out

Local 174 posted coercion and threats online regarding a work stoppage . Not an opinion. The JF video in question was directed at the entire membership; not exclusive to 174 members.

Joint Counsel 28's (174 is a member of JC 28) retiree health deductibles were ridiculous. Changes were proposed to reduce that outrageous amount. The caveat was that the contract had to be passed on the 1st attempt. That in itself constitutes more coercion.

One of the most glaring issues was JF threatening imminent replacement of UPSers if a strike were to occur. No mention of an indefinite contract extension being in place. No mention of a 30 day cooling off period. No mention of continued negotiations leading to an improved CBA. JF crossed the line of an "opinion" and now has put JC 28 clearly in violation of the NLRB act.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. browned out

The Local's actions (whether intentionally or due to gross negligence) put up to 40% of all drivers paid days in question and more than 40% of current package car drivers' income in doubt. Local 243's failure to include language to clarify and/or improve on the Master could cost the Package Car Drivers in 243 dearly. Not thousands of $ like BUG is worried about in attorney fees regarding charges being filed against the local.
    Hundreds of thousands of $ (even millions of $) of actual lost wages with no contractual recourse. So; Yeah; 243's current leadership is going have a bigger popularity problem. 243's EB board will be Extremely popular. Pay dues to support these idiots; $100,000 plus salaries and what do you get in return? You get a possible 40% or more loss in income possibility. YAAAA!

Language should have been included similar to NORCAL.

If the Local did in fact attempt to obtain such language and could not; The local had a responsibility to convey that info to the members so the members could make an educated vote.

One way or another. Inform us 243. It is your job.