NLRB Violations Local 174

Keep scratching, I am not trying to pick your brain. Maybe you have dandruff.

There was plenty of rhetoric, intimidation, coercion or threatening behavior regarding voting No propagated by the IBT and certain Locals. 174 definitely stepped way over the line.

Starting this thread within the 6 month time frame from some/most of the 174 members knowledge of NLRB violations is necessary or pressing. A Public Service announcement....or A "the more you know" type of teaching moment.

The NLRBs threshold for coersion of members and 174s threatening a work stoppage if 174 members did not vote yes was crossed.
Be sure to include all the information, including the letter sent out prior to the vote.

Mooseknuckle

Anyone here ever actually filed with the NLRB? On the company or the Union? I would just like to hear about the process and results. I've heard of people filing and nothing ever really happening.

browned out

Be sure to include all the information, including the letter sent out prior to the vote.

Thanks.

If anyone has ideas on how we can win this NLRB case; let me know.

If you have any video, audio, or mailed threats, perceived threats, or coercion by the Teamsters regarding voting yes or face a work stoppage; please post them.

If you have any ideas on how the Teamsters Union Failed to Fulfill Their Duty of Fair Representation During Contract Negotiations; please post them.

I do not want to miss anything.

Inthegame

Thanks.

If anyone has ideas on how we can win this NLRB case; let me know.
We?
What happened to your confidence? Where's all your verifiable evidence? What about your fool proof facts you've been touting for months?
If you really need to bolster whatever charges you've dreamed up by soliciting help from internet wannabe lawyers, you've already lost.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My experience has been different BAs fir the larger buildings Seattle, Redmond, pacific, etc. smallers buildings usually have the same BA.

I do not know how they do it in my new building. Well, because I haven’t given them my start date yet.
Oh brother....yet another transfer....big shocker!!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We?
What happened to your confidence? Where's all your verifiable evidence? What about your fool proof facts you've been touting for months?
If you really need to bolster whatever charges you've dreamed up by soliciting help from internet wannabe lawyers, you've already lost.

I guess he found out what a real attorney cost's.... and didn't want to pay the bill ?

Legal Counsel should be sought but by no means is necessary to file or to be successful on an NLRB charge. $240 to $450 an hour is not cheap for a law firm specializing in labor law. If you have the funds; like some of us do; Now is the time to seek representation for the good of the UPS teamsters.

browned out

I guess he found out what a real attorney cost's.... and didn't want to pay the bill ?

C'mon;

I will never solicit any money from the members.

I will ask members for info I may have omitted or had not seen.

I would rather have reviewed similar evidence 100X and found just 1 new irrefutable piece of evidence to add to the record.

I am not playing games.

Loser local clowns will be voted out. Pieces of garbage colluding paper union officials are a cancer.

Why would 243 recommend a no vote on a supplement the second time around? While not recommending a no vote on the Master or the Central or the 243 Rider the 1st time?

I could explain it to you; I choose not to. You are not here in 243. You have no clue of what is transpiring here.

Sit on the sideline pops; Watch and learn.

Last edited:

C'mon;

I will never solicit any money from the members.

I will ask members for info I may have omitted or had not seen.

I would rather have reviewed similar evidence 100X and found just 1 new irrefutable piece of evidence to add to the record.

I am not playing games.

Loser local clowns will be voted out. Pieces of garbage colluding paper union officials are a cancer.

Why would 243 recommend a no vote on a supplement the second time around? While not recommending a no vote on the Master or the Central or the 243 Rider the 1st time?

I could explain it to you; I choose not to. You are not here in 243. You have no clue of what is transpiring here.

Sit on the sideline pops; Watch and learn.
I’m a little confused. What exactly did local 174 do to violate you? They have an opinion just like you do. They laid out what others did that they disagreed with. Then they refuted item by item with their own view. 174 and many other locals members are eagerly waiting for the implementation of the contract so they can retire.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Pieces of garbage colluding paper union officials are a cancer.

So, your evidence of collusion is they recommended a yes vote the first time

and a no vote the second time.... thus, they are in cahoots with the company

and the only reason the Local filed charges was to save themselves from you.

Gotcha.

I don't have high expectations. There is less that a 1% chance that I will win...

So, you're going to cause your Local to incur $ thousands in cost of attorneys

fee's on a case you can't win ? You're going to be popular.

Watch and learn.

I'll be waiting with bated breath.... a master is at work.

:biggrin:

UPSER1987

We?

That is funny!

browned out

BUG, call 243, You are the expert. Don’t be a big useless guy. The intent of the language in the master Was to protect drivers from working unwanted excessive overtime and keep drivers from working Saturdays and Sundays if they did not want to work those days. The company and the IBT both agree on this.

Clarifying our language so that is more in line with the north California agreement does not interfere with the intent of the master. Drivers who do not want to work Saturdays and Sundays still would have the right to not work those days.

Cmon. Don’t Be a Big Useless Guy

I am pretty sure that you agree that a driver who is laid off on a Monday or Tuesday because of work being shifted to 22 fours should be able to work Saturday or Sunday.

Maplewood

The IBT and Local Unions threatening a work stoppage if workers voted no equated to the union walking a tightrope with the NLRB act. The coercion and intimidation is a violation. While no 'actual' threat was made in most locals; threats were made by 174.

The IBT sent out numerous postcards threatening " vote no and you risk a work stoppage" Some of these postcards even contained pictures of UPSers on actual strike in 1997.

Somehow the IBT forgot to include on those postcards.....Vote NO; the contract may be extended and we will possibly gain improvements

While intimidation and coercion during a contract vote is a tough bar to pass with the NLRB; It is not unobtainable.

One Local stands out in the threat category. Local 174.

Local 174 threatened and intimidated its UPS workers over and over again. Nothing more blatant that J friend telling workers that 'all those automatic package cars....make it so UPS can easily replace you' WTF?

If you are in 174 and want to file an NLRB complaint; you need to submit it soon.
Im in 174 and we didnt get any threats at my barn? What barn had threats?

browned out

I’m a little confused. What exactly did local 174 do to violate you? They have an opinion just like you do. They laid out what others did that they disagreed with. Then they refuted item by item with their own view. 174 and many other locals members are eagerly waiting for the implementation of the contract so they can retire.

Local 174 posted coercion and threats online regarding a work stoppage . Not an opinion. The JF video in question was directed at the entire membership; not exclusive to 174 members.

Joint Counsel 28's (174 is a member of JC 28) retiree health deductibles were ridiculous. Changes were proposed to reduce that outrageous amount. The caveat was that the contract had to be passed on the 1st attempt. That in itself constitutes more coercion.

One of the most glaring issues was JF threatening imminent replacement of UPSers if a strike were to occur. No mention of an indefinite contract extension being in place. No mention of a 30 day cooling off period. No mention of continued negotiations leading to an improved CBA. JF crossed the line of an "opinion" and now has put JC 28 clearly in violation of the NLRB act.

browned out

So, you're going to cause your Local to incur $ thousands in cost of attorneys

fee's on a case you can't win ? You're going to be popular.

The Local's actions (whether intentionally or due to gross negligence) put up to 40% of all drivers paid days in question and more than 40% of current package car drivers' income in doubt. Local 243's failure to include language to clarify and/or improve on the Master could cost the Package Car Drivers in 243 dearly. Not thousands of $ like BUG is worried about in attorney fees regarding charges being filed against the local.
Hundreds of thousands of $ (even millions of $) of actual lost wages with no contractual recourse. So; Yeah; 243's current leadership is going have a bigger popularity problem. 243's EB board will be Extremely popular. Pay dues to support these idiots; $100,000 plus salaries and what do you get in return? You get a possible 40% or more loss in income possibility. YAAAA!

Language should have been included similar to NORCAL.

If the Local did in fact attempt to obtain such language and could not; The local had a responsibility to convey that info to the members so the members could make an educated vote.

One way or another. Inform us 243. It is your job.