No concessions my :censored:

Thebrownblob

But not mofongo.
1690859625687.gif

HarryWarden

Yes the raises came the cost of pension and health care contributions
And by reading social media I realize how many people would trade higher wages for pension and health care

I do have to thank you long term workers for fighting for the pension and health care. Something I didn’t appreciate until very recently, and I’m sure my ignorant younger self would have traded as well

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Isn’t the right move yes on national no on supplemental?

Nope…. once the National it gets voted it overrides any similar supplemental language.

Accepting the Master and voting down your supplement and rider is basically useless.

Go one way or another either by voting yes, yes, yes or NO, NO ,NO…is your only smart option.

It looks like they gave back any hourly pension increases and placed it into the GWI’s. The Health and Welfare hourly increases stay in tact.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So this current contract has contributions of
18- .50
19.-.50
20.-.50
21-.50 but not to exceed.70
22. Same

Health and welfare.
In the new tentative agreement, it’s the same for first three years but the last two years are the same at .50 with no not exceeding .70 language. Is this not a concession what if they need the other .20? Higher deductibles? View attachment 440533

If that .20 cents additional if needed I presume they will taken out of the GWI’s…

If that .20 cents additional if needed I presume they will taken out of the GWI’s…
No, they can't do that, it's money available if needed to meet whatever obligation that benefit may need, but will be used elsewhere if not.

To clarify, they can move GWI as needed to maintain a plan, as well as move pension contributions to a GWI if the plan is healthy. I just meant specifically in this case, that twenty cents is accounted for.

R1wonder

So do we think our benefits are gonna become a problem with them contributing less ? Idk how they manage that stuff but I do see it’s been cut in half . Sounds like a concession to me . Sean should know we’re gonna see this

Trucker Clock

This is where @Trucker Clock tells you to just be happy with what you have.

Never said that. I said the Master was not bad. We could have done better, but the officials that we elected to represent us, to negotiate a contract for us, including 175 Locals, recommend these agreements. I have not seen the supplements yet, but they were all also recommended by the National Negotiating Committee.

So what do we do? Take on UPS and the Union at the same time? Do you think SOB will put us on strike because we didn't agree to the contract he negotiated, that he plastered all over the media that it was historic, and we turned it down?

We are caught between a rock and a hard place. We will be blasted as greedy bastards because we turned down a historic contract and we want more.

Trucker Clock

Is this not a concession

What UPS give for H&W is decided between UPS and the plans. I know for a fact that Teamcare is flush with cash. They don’t need the current contribution rate to maintain current benefits. They have over 2 years worth of “extra” cash.

Maybe this plan is the same. it is not a concession if you continue to maintain your current benefits. The plan just doesn’t need that $1 anymore. It only needs $0.50 to maintain benefits.