No concessions my :censored:

Trucker Clock

I actually expected the contribution rate to Teamcare to be reduced this contract since they are so flushed with cash. And they did not take this cash and increase our benefits. They could have reduced the deductible, the copay etc. but they didn’t.

Somebody actually said, I think it was @Wally, that UPS should sue Teamcare for overpayment.

It was not an over payment. It was the negotiated rate. But right now, that rate is too high.

Reducing that rate is not a concession. It is a correction.

Thebrownblob

What UPS give for H&W is decided between UPS and the plans. I know for a fact that Teamcare is flush with cash. They don’t need the current contribution rate to maintain current benefits. They have over 2 years worth of “extra” cash.

Maybe this plan is the same. it is not a concession if you continue to maintain your current benefits. The plan just doesn’t need that $1 anymore. It only needs $0.50 to maintain benefits.
Yep, there was no overpayment lol I don’t know where he gets his information from. TeamCare has done an extremely good job managing the negotiated rate. If only the pension managers were this good.

What UPS give for H&W is decided between UPS and the plans. I know for a fact that Teamcare is flush with cash. They don’t need the current contribution rate to maintain current benefits. They have over 2 years worth of “extra” cash.

Maybe this plan is the same. it is not a concession if you continue to maintain your current benefits. The plan just doesn’t need that $1 anymore. It only needs $0.50 to maintain benefits.
Well look at the price of healthcare
Open Caribbean flush in Cash 5 years from now?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I actually expected the contribution rate to Teamcare to be reduced this contract since they are so flushed with cash. And they did not take this cash and increase our benefits. They could have reduced the deductible, the copay etc. but they didn’t.

Somebody actually said, I think it was @Wally, that UPS should sue Teamcare for overpayment.

It was not an over payment. It was the negotiated rate. But right now, that rate is too high.

Reducing that rate is not a concession. It is a correction.
I thought the company may try suing as a strike tactic.

Crosscutters

So what is exactly the teamcare package for the next 8 years? Deductible the same? Vision plan , dental the same? How about new retirees healthcare cost?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So what is exactly the teamcare package for the next 8 years? Deductible the same? Vision plan , dental the same? How about new retirees healthcare cost?

Team Care has the right to change our benefits at the beginning of the year, depends on how they are doing.

Does anybody know if Team Care or any other Health Care Plan gets (any monetary contributions) from their employers to cover just the retirees, or is Team Care just providing for their coverages at a minimum till Medicare kicks in? Active members are getting health and welfare contributions from their employers in the range of 500 or 600 a week, our retirees under Team Care only have to pay once a month (200 single or 400 couple)..

Team Care has the right to change our benefits at the beginning of the year, depends on how they are doing.

Does anybody know if Team Care or any other Health Care Plan gets (any monetary contributions) from their employers to cover just the retirees, or is Team Care just providing for their coverages at a minimum till Medicare kicks in? Active members are getting health and welfare contributions from their employers in the range of 500 or 600 a week, our retirees under Team Care only have to pay once a month (200 single or 400 couple)..
But if Team care is not flush with cash will they raise retiree premiums?

Last edited:

Crosscutters

I have never liked this plan for that reason even though we have a great plan. Our previous company provided plan could not make those changes mid contract. My wife’s contract at her work can’t either. But we’re supposed to believe that everything’s all good and vote yes.

Pullman Brown

10-4. We will see contract consultant.

Trucker Clock

Yep, there was no overpayment lol I don’t know where he gets his information from. TeamCare has done an extremely good job managing the negotiated rate. If only the pension managers were this good.

These truck drivers think they're accountants or labor lawyers. It's funny actually.

Trucker Clock

10-4. We will see contract consultant.

Teamcare, and every other Health Plan, has a number that they need from UPS to maintain the current Health Care coverage. Just because that number may be lower than the last contract does not mean it's a concession.

If you keep your current Health Care, I don't care what the contribution rate is. It is not a concession.

Thebrownblob

These truck drivers think they're accountants or labor lawyers. It's funny actually.
The only thing Teamcare did was use the funds they have, and the members in their network to negotiate for the best prices and the most services. They really should be a blueprint for a health insurance. And one thread, he’s complaining that central states didn’t handle there business and another. He’s complaining the teamCare is doing too good. Lol.

If Central states ran the way Teamcare did there may have never been a problem.