No concessions my :censored:

Trucker Clock

The only thing Teamcare did was use the funds they have, and the members in their network to negotiate for the best prices and the most services. They really should be a blueprint for a health insurance. And one thread, he’s complaining that central states didn’t handle there business and another. He’s complaining the teamCare is doing too good. Lol.

If Central states ran the way Teamcare did there may have never been a problem.

Exactly. Since they are flush with cash, they probably don't need the same contribution rate from UPS to maintain the same coverage. Some dumb truck drivers can't understand this. Reduce the $1 down to $0.50 contribution rate but maintain the same coverage. The dumb truck drivers think it's a concession.

Thebrownblob

Exactly. Since they are flush with cash, they probably don't need the same contribution rate from UPS to maintain the same coverage. Some dumb truck drivers can't understand this. Reduce the $1 down to $0.50 contribution rate but maintain the same coverage. The dumb truck drivers think it's a concession.
But yet still wanted UPS to sue? Lol I guess if I have too much money in my savings account, they might sue me as well.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The SW sort/rider pension seems uncler to me

It says 25 cents of the available 50 cents will be contributed on august 1st 2023. What’s happening to the other quarter?
And is that to be an assumed 25 cent increase yearly? I think last contract was 40 cents yearly.
They sort of crossed through the yearly language and made one vague statement.

Looks like .25 is going into your pension and the other .25 I presume will be going into your Health and Welfare fund.

Your current weekly monetary contributions will stay at the same level as July 2023 with that .25 cent increase based off a 40 hour workweek I believe.

It looks like the negotiating committee took hourly increases from everybody's pension contributions and placed them in the GWIs. The Health and Welfare hourly increases of .50 or in your case .25 are contained in Article 34 (Master) language.

In the previous Contracts the Hourly Pension Increases ran around .50 and the Health and Welfare about the same...It added up to a dollar, that was separate from your yearly GWI increases.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Ain't a (dumb truck driver)....sure looks like a concession to me....It would work except for those middle raises of .75, .75 and a dollar.

I guess it is a game of give and take and they just gave the Company their (cost neutral) objective during those middle years.

So this current contract has contributions of
18- .50
19.-.50
20.-.50
21-.50 but not to exceed.70
22. Same

Health and welfare.
In the new tentative agreement, it’s the same for first three years but the last two years are the same at .50 with no not exceeding .70 language. Is this not a concession what if they need the other .20? Higher deductibles? View attachment 440533
IMG_20230801_181359014_HDR.jpg

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Upstate NY supplemental View attachment 440523at least the same level of
So the H&W funds around the country were checked to see what amount would be necessary to continue the same level of benefits and they gave their numbers. The numbers in each supplement reflect those numbers. Last contract Teamcare used mid 40 cents for each year of the contract. They have something like 30 months of reserves when it was 16 when UPS from around the country joined(the ones that weren't already in it). Most funds are similar. What do you care so long as you maintain the same benefits for the same amount you are paying.

Never said that. I said the Master was not bad. We could have done better, but the officials that we elected to represent us, to negotiate a contract for us, including 175 Locals, recommend these agreements. I have not seen the supplements yet, but they were all also recommended by the National Negotiating Committee.

So what do we do? Take on UPS and the Union at the same time? Do you think SOB will put us on strike because we didn't agree to the contract he negotiated, that he plastered all over the media that it was historic, and we turned it down?

We are caught between a rock and a hard place. We will be blasted as greedy bastards because we turned down a historic contract and we want more.
His tail is tucked between his legs now. For real...

Pullman Brown

Yes your a dumb trucker clocker..

Trucker Clock

So the H&W funds around the country were checked to see what amount would be necessary to continue the same level of benefits and they gave their numbers. The numbers in each supplement reflect those numbers. Last contract Teamcare used mid 40 cents for each year of the contract. They have something like 30 months of reserves when it was 16 when UPS from around the country joined(the ones that weren't already in it). Most funds are similar. What do you care so long as you maintain the same benefits for the same amount you are paying.

These dumb truck drivers cannot understand this. They think it's a concession because the contribution rate decreased even though the benefits remained the same.

Trucker Clock

Seriously relax. We already have to many self-righteous jackasses in the world.

I just call it the way I see it. Who cares if the contribution rate went down, or who cares what the contribution rate is.

As long as you maintain your health care or it gets better, who cares? Just something for the clueless to bitch about.

Pullman Brown

Makes no sense, with health insurance rates going up everywhere, cost of treatments going up, you lower contributions.

Whoa whoa whoah you’re just a dumb truck driver who should just shut up sit down and assume the best of everybody and should never ever worry about being burned by the union or company ever again!