No more manual transmission for driver tests?

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Everyone should at least know how to drive a manual. It’s gone the way of the dodo, unfortunately. And it’s all youngsters. What better way to learn it when it’s NOT YOURS!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Since modern computers help automatic transmission's get better mpg's, the manual is toast.
eh. we still have some time.
Used cars almost always have more life in them with a manual than an auto transmission. MPG dont matter so much if your car breaks down.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
eh. we still have some time.
Used cars almost always have more life in them with a manual than an auto transmission. MPG dont matter so much if your car breaks down.
Our older package cars with auto's are being replaced with the new mega beeping ones, they are so old.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If you can’t find it grind it
Aussie-Curves-Breaking-The-Rules-Meagan-Kerr-Plus-Size-Crop-Top-02~2.jpg

take your time

Everyone should at least know how to drive a manual. It’s gone the way of the dodo, unfortunately. And it’s all youngsters. What better way to learn it when it’s NOT YOURS!

what's all this jazz about manual trannys anyways?

the only benefit over automatic is that you get to have blown kneecaps at a younger age. who wants that? manual transmission is bad on your knees....the last thing we need is more problems just to feel like a big shot.....this job is hard enough as it is with management trying to shove more stops down our throats....

22.34life

The manual transmission requirement is retarded there arnt hardly any cars left with stick.even performance sports cars now come with automatic manuals sometimes aren't even an option

542thruNthru

The manual transmission requirement is retarded there arnt hardly any cars left with stick.even performance sports cars now come with automatic manuals sometimes aren't even an option

Yes but when peak comes and it's all trucks online driveable or not. You can't have someone claiming they don't know how to drive a stick. We are paid to know how to drive. Knowing how to drive a stick seems like a reasonable request to me.

I will say that the company should allow you to practice though when needed because you do have a point there are not that many sticks out there anymore.

Yes but when peak comes and it's all trucks online driveable or not. You can't have someone claiming they don't know how to drive a stick. We are paid to know how to drive. Knowing how to drive a stick seems like a reasonable request to me.

I will say that the company should allow you to practice though when needed because you do have a point there are not that many sticks out there anymore.
Depends where you are at