No more paystubs

Justaloader

This is where being an evening loader sucks - the UPSERS website doesn't show you a "punch time" versus hours worked. So, if you had a night where you started early due to request (not uncommon in my building), you can't really tell if you were paid for that early start time solely based on the info provided by UPSERS. The only way for someone in that (my) situation to know is by A) Taking a picture of the timeclock every day when you clock in, and when you clock out...tallying up the hours at the end of the week and comparing it to the paycheck when issued (remembering of course that the hours worked this week show up on next week's check), or B) Asking a "full timer" to print out the timeclock punches and then comparing them to the hours paid via UPSERS. The part time sups, so I've been told, don't have the ability to do this, only "full timers" do.

Unfortunately, UPSERS doesn't break down hours worked by day - it only gives you a "total". It's up to you, the employee, to watch your pay like a proverbial hawk to make sure things aren't being adjusted to shaft you out of hours/overtime, or likewise are being adjusted to include that extra half hour or 15 minutes you came in early on any particular day. Just one more thing to add to the list of frustrations that are part and parcel (no pun intended) of working here.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is where being an evening loader sucks - the UPSERS website doesn't show you a "punch time" versus hours worked. So, if you had a night where you started early due to request (not uncommon in my building), you can't really tell if you were paid for that early start time solely based on the info provided by UPSERS. The only way for someone in that (my) situation to know is by A) Taking a picture of the timeclock every day when you clock in, and when you clock out...tallying up the hours at the end of the week and comparing it to the paycheck when issued (remembering of course that the hours worked this week show up on next week's check), or B) Asking a "full timer" to print out the timeclock punches and then comparing them to the hours paid via UPSERS. The part time sups, so I've been told, don't have the ability to do this, only "full timers" do.

Unfortunately, UPSERS doesn't break down hours worked by day - it only gives you a "total". It's up to you, the employee, to watch your pay like a proverbial hawk to make sure things aren't being adjusted to shaft you out of hours/overtime, or likewise are being adjusted to include that extra half hour or 15 minutes you came in early on any particular day. Just one more thing to add to the list of frustrations that are part and parcel (no pun intended) of working here.

Cant believe there’s not an app to keep track of hours

There is

Justaloader

Cant believe there’s not an app to keep track of hours

There is

Did I say there wasn't an app? Bear in mind - I wasn't suggesting that my specific way of tracking hours is the only way to do it...to each their own. The fact that it's even necessary is my concern. Any other job where I wasn't a salaried employee has provided me with a breakdown of hours / time worked each day.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

I'm sorry, but I don't really have any sympathy.
A notepad, or your phone solves this nonissue with almost no extra work.
Because if writing down what time you started is too much of a hassle, you can always solve it by waiting to start until your start time.

Justaloader

I'm sorry, but I don't really have any sympathy.
A notepad, or your phone solves this nonissue with almost no extra work.
Because if writing down what time you started is too much of a hassle, you can always solve it by waiting to start until your start time.

I wasn't asking for sympathy, nor am I expecting it. Again, I was just stating the reality of what evening loaders deal with as it might be informative to someone, and who knows - may even cause a change. Granted the chances of that are slim to none, but I can say with certainty that if my post wasn't made, there would be no potential for education in regards to the situation, and then would be no chance of a change occuring.

Siveriano

but you can still see your pay stub online
upload_2020-4-1_12-54-3.png

Hadjabear

There is a link on the homepage after logging into upsers called timecard viewer if you open the page as desktop version it shows your punch in and punch out time

Justaloader

There is a link on the homepage after logging into upsers called timecard viewer if you open the page as desktop version it shows your punch in and punch out time

Consider me educated. When I first started (August), you couldn't view your timecard via UPSERS, only your pay stub. Thank you!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We've been told if we have direct deposit we will no longer receive a paper pay stub. Can they do this? I want a paper stub to view. I'm concerned because I've been underpaid close to ten times and feel that I need to babysit for payroll. It's a hassle to check upsers every week and what about those who don't have internet access?
Go back to check.

The center office desk is clogged with direct deposit stubs. Nobody takes them.