No more PVDs?

35years

Gravy route
No scab pvds.
No 70 hour slave rule.

Better not bigger, Carol.

Limit p/u vollume to 120% of average daily volume for all shippers.

Oh no, we can't do that.

Yes you can. Or prepare to be buried.

Fly in 50 worthless managers to help us dig out....Yep, that's a great plan.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
But if they are successful in stopping them….we don’t even have enough package cars or rentals now. What would these PVDs drive? I guess they’ll hire more helpers instead and load us down like old school peak plans.
"What would these PVD's drive"? The answer is starring you in the face, it's the PV part of PVD.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
It states that “no package car driver shall be required to use their personal vehicle”. Guessing the company will find a way around that.
Yeah, I hear it now, "They aren't Package Car drivers in the definition of the term so the ruling does not apply to them. The counter argument will be made that a certified RPCD cannot be forced to use their own vehicle but a PVD, by nature of the job description and lack of an RPCD status can use their own vehicle.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Our stewards told our center manager no PVD. He’s like what am I supposed to do?

stewie: get more rentals I guess

center manager: I can’t

stewie: you got a problem then.
This warms the cockles of my heart.

I want a smooth operation as well as anyone, but i hate all center managers regardless of how much of a stand up guy you are. I dont care if you donate blood to orphan children in the soup kitchen you run on the weekends, while also taking a yearly trip to random places to build habitats for poor families and help drill wells. I HATE you if your a UPS center manager.

The idea of a center manager or higher not being able to get rentals or any other of a myriad of problems, truly brings be joy. This company deserves all the friend#%* $@!T theyre gonna get because of the absolute abuse we have suffered under crappy CMs. The harm theyve done to their centers by making the poorest of choices.

Look, just because you have a business degree from Southern New Hamphire State University, and graduated with a 3.9, does not make you a manager of people... hell an elementary ed degree makes you more qualified.

Managment is the enemy, treat them a such

HFolb23

I was glad to see the arbitration decision but my first concern is if there is anything that says UPS can’t hire PVDs and also provide them a vehicle?

I’m not talking about uhauls or Ryder trucks, I’m talking they go down to Hertz, Enterprise, Budget, etc and rent every Van and SUV they can find? As ridiculous and frankly grimy as that would be for the company to do I wouldn’t put it past then. Seems it would solve the DOT physical requirement while providing a vehicle for them.

I go back and forth on the PVDs, it was nice to hand them the most time consuming sections of my route and any misloads too, but I also fully understand why it was not in the best interest of teamsters too. This will be my first peak as a feeder driver so I don’t really have any skin in the PVD game anymore, but we’re fighting our own battles with the contractors and I can draw the parallels between the PVDs and the scabs pulling our trailers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No scab pvds.
No 70 hour slave rule.

Better not bigger, Carol.

Limit p/u vollume to 120% of average daily volume for all shippers.

Oh no, we can't do that.

Yes you can. Or prepare to be buried.

Fly in 50 worthless managers to help us dig out....Yep, that's a great plan.
We are already sending sups to places that are buried in work and can’t find workers lol it’s September

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
some guy just walked out while I’m typing this
🧔✊

Let us face it the work is crappy...

Nobody in their right mind wants to work here, far too many job opportunities out there that will not destroy your bodies or ruin your mental health and pays better or the same.

Even if the company is willing to pay over 30 bucks an hour, it would still have a retention issue.

Meanwhile back at the farm the current members will have to endure a 55 + .. 6 day workweek...

It is a matter of time before a burn out...

BrownSnowFlake

This warms the cockles of my heart.

I want a smooth operation as well as anyone, but i hate all center managers regardless of how much of a stand up guy you are. I dont care if you donate blood to orphan children in the soup kitchen you run on the weekends, while also taking a yearly trip to random places to build habitats for poor families and help drill wells. I HATE you if your a UPS center manager.

The idea of a center manager or higher not being able to get rentals or any other of a myriad of problems, truly brings be joy. This company deserves all the friend#%* $@!T theyre gonna get because of the absolute abuse we have suffered under crappy CMs. The harm theyve done to their centers by making the poorest of choices.

Look, just because you have a business degree from Southern New Hamphire State University, and graduated with a 3.9, does not make you a manager of people... hell an elementary ed degree makes you more qualified.

Managment is the enemy, treat them a such
I want to tell you that these are just regular guys doing a necessary job. But the first time I signed a bid I was DQ'd by my center manager for not scratching in my first 15 days. This same guy later got moved to another building bc he was having relations with one of the drivers (I'm sure his wife was thrilled). Then we started Saturday ground and I magically qualified working at the same pace. It's like they raise or lower the standards to meet their needs.

I think the promotion system is designed to select abusive sociopathic narcissists. One of our district level guys got moved from our building after he had a physical altercation with one of our drivers 10 years ago. So much for the Zero Tolerance Workplace Violence policy.

DELACROIX

I want to tell you that these are just regular guys doing a necessary job. But the first time I signed a bid I was DQ'd by my center manager for not scratching in my first 15 days. This same guy later got moved to another building bc he was having relations with one of the drivers (I'm sure his wife was thrilled). Then we started Saturday ground and I magically qualified working at the same pace. It's like they raise or lower the standards to meet their needs.

I think the promotion system is designed to select abusive sociopathic narcissists. One of our district level guys got moved from our building after he had a physical altercation with one of our drivers 10 years ago. So much for the Zero Tolerance Workplace Violence policy.

Always been a double standard... back in the time if you were not a back stabbing, cheating womanizing A -Hole you never advanced.

There was a good reason that most of the good supervisors and managers who had a soul left with the buy outs.

Back From Break
Well if the language protecting drivers from using thier own car applies to temps/pvds....wouldn't other provisions...not benefits, but other language?

Looks like it depends on the Supplement.

I did not read the Arbitrators decision, but it seems to be from Local 804. Their Supplement does not seem to specify that Probationary/Seasonal Employees are not bound by the Supplement. So maybe that's why the Arbitrator ruled the way he did.

Here is the language from the Central

Article 1 Section 1

Seasonal and probationary employees will not receive any of the benefits of this Agreement other than wages spelled out in this Agreement.

So, would the arbitrators decision apply to the Central. Seasonal/Probationary employees do not get the protection of the CBA. They do not get the protection of not being forced to drive their own cars.

This could get very interesting how it may be interpreted across Supplements and Regions. Hold on to your seats...

DELACROIX

I did not read the Arbitrators decision, but it seems to be from Local 804. Their Supplement does not seem to specify that Probationary/Seasonal Employees are not bound by the Supplement. So maybe that's why the Arbitrator ruled the way he did.

Article 1 Section 1

Seasonal and probationary employees will not receive any of the benefits of this Agreement other than wages spelled out in this Agreement.

So, would the arbitrators decision apply to the Central. Seasonal/Probationary employees do not get the protection of the CBA. They do not get the protection of not being forced to drive their own cars.

This could get very interesting how it may be interpreted across Supplements and Regions. Hold on to your seats...

Good point...😎☝️

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Article 1 Section 1

That is a real stretch of logic.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.

It's been 20 years since I've had a center manager that I would piss on if they were on fire.