No more PVDs?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Man this will destroy their peak plan if the IBT doesn’t fold.

9D140FA2-1389-4831-9A9E-00AB4A5FC83A.jpeg

542thruNthru

@BigUnionGuy or @Bubblehead

I was always under the impression that Seattle had the PVD grievance that was going to Nationals.

Was this LU804 PVD grievance heard at Nationals? I would assume it would have to have been if it went to arbitration. Unless I'm missing something. Any insight?

BrownSnowFlake

If they were Package Car Drivers their job title would be Package Car Driver. Instead it's Personal Vehicle Driver. Because they drive their Personal Vehicle.

I don't love them any more than you do but this is very silly.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If they were Package Car Drivers their job title would be Package Car Driver. Instead it's Personal Vehicle Driver. Because they drive their Personal Vehicle.

They handle packages, they wear the uniform, they use a diad, they drive out of the same building, delivers to a consignee and gets paid by the same employer for the same services as a collective bargaining employee.

“If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a 🦆...”

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

This is literally an arbitration ruling saying they were classified wrong.

BrownSnowFlake

They handle packages, they wear the uniform, they use a diad, they drive out of the same building, delivers to a consignee and gets paid by the same employer for the same services as a collective bargaining employee.

“If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a 🦆...”
They handle packages, they don't wear the uniform, they use a phone, they drive out of their residence...

542thruNthru

And yet the company used then just the same last peak.
Wow... You need to learn to read. The decision was made yesterday not last year.
The arbitrators could say the sky is green, doesn't mean anything.
Actually it absolutely does mean something.
Of course we live in a post-truth society so I'm not surprised at all.
I'm not surprised you don't understand what you're talking about.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I didn’t mind them last year with the pandemic and people needing work to earn some money for their family. That’s it though, they will never have my support again.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I didn’t mind them last year with the pandemic and people needing work to earn some money for their family. That’s it though, they will never have my support again.
I very much mind them. If the company wants to hire seasonal workers to drive a brown truck, that's fine. But the whole pvd model should never have been allowed at ups!