No negotiations until 22nd!?

PT Car Washer

True but they have to be more than minimum wage jobs…no matter if they have a pension or not we can’t be competing against Mc Donald’s and Taco Bell for workers. I would bet that less than 10% of the part time workforce here ever would see a pension….or has collected a pension over the years.
Very few red circle PT (prior to 1982) will ever see a maxed out PT pension. Many took a 22.3 job after the '97 strike and had to start over with the FT pension. I can only think of a handful of red circle that have retired with a 30 or 35 year pension in my building.

PT Car Washer

There isn't always full-time jobs available.
But if you get a full time inside Job it will give you the pension credits and the seniority that you need until you have a chance to go out driving.
People forget this is a package delivery company and we need drivers
Or wait for a FT Porter or Car Washer job. $80k/yr for a 40 hour week.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Very few red circle PT (prior to 1982) will ever see a maxed out PT pension. Many took a 22.3 job after the '97 strike and had to start over with the FT pension. I can only think of a handful of red circle that have retired with a 30 or 35 year pension in my building.
Most have to be in their 60’s and 70’s….it’s like the ww2 soldiers, won’t be around much longer.

PT Car Washer

No part-time car washes will be gone full-time rpcs will be watching their own vehicles because they overtime will be cheaper than paying your benefits
Delivery drivers have been washing their own trucks for the last 25 years in my building. The only reason the company keeps me around is because the FT car washers think of the job as a retirement job just like the Porters. $80k/yr to sweep the floor and empty the trash cans and clean the toilets. Some are also collecting Social Security and a few are also collecting their pension.

Delivery drivers have been washing their own trucks for the last 25 years in my building. The only reason the company keeps me around is because the FT car washers think of the job as a retirement job just like the Porters. $80k/yr to sweep the floor and empty the trash cans and clean the toilets. Some are also collecting Social Security and a few are also collecting their pension.
But it's a full-time job and they are not taking work away from anyone else